1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to watch the movie before I decide about this. I'm worried Thanos will seem depowered or be defeated easily, if that's the case it'll make me lose interest in this version. Armored is more visually striking but Thanos was such a powerhouse in IW I keep going back to that version.

I can understand that. No question IW Thanos is an 110% badass and in EG he will probably still be tough but weakened. Who knows maybe the rumors about a bigger badder villan will be true and he might end up fighting WITH the Avengers against who or whatever.

I am still getting and super excited for the IW version but i will pick this up also just because it looks so different.

Thanos in IW is like Vader in the hallway of Rogue One......an unstoppable force. Hopefully He will be just as good in EG.

Last edited:
Interesting how others collect. I buy the figures based on if I like them and the look. If their movie is good then that adds to it. Captain marvel I thought was ok but I really like her look so I'll pick her up. Thanos was awesome in IW but visually he isn't how I remember him to be so I passed in Hope's of the armored version. I don't think 1 is better than the other just how I want that character represented in my collection.

I collect the same way as you. I'm a visual person so how a figure looks is one of my top criteria for collecting. It's also why I am more forgiving of movie inaccuracies as long as the figure looks good.

Interesting how others collect. I buy the figures based on if I like them and the look. If their movie is good then that adds to it. Captain marvel I thought was ok but I really like her look so I'll pick her up. Thanos was awesome in IW but visually he isn't how I remember him to be so I passed in Hope's of the armored version. I don't think 1 is better than the other just how I want that character represented in my collection.

It really is. I love how black and white some people are with it all too. Not so simple for me unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really am tempted to get this as it will be the last avengers and he is the villain. The rubber arms bothers me though. Seeing as this figure is armored anyway, they really could have done regular jointed arms for this. For better posing of the arms and all. There was no need for this version to be rubber at all.

This one doesn’t actually have armored arms per se like the GOTG version. More like golden roller blading pads for his elbows. A seamed joint would be even more egregious on this than that original version, which I personally think looked fine, but a lot of people seemed to take issue with.

It just bothers me because i know full well that if those elbows are bent for too long it will put strain on them. I assume this figure uses the same body as the previous one, how was the rubber on the arms? Did it bulge a lot when bent?

Hot Toys truly is damned if they do and damned if they don't around here.

Don't be so dramatic. I simply don't like HT thinking that everything has to be seamless rubber all the time. They already ruined my dream of having ED209 in 1/6 scale thanks to that rubber dome ****. I doubt this will have that kind of issue but i am cautious now when it involves HT+rubber.

It just bothers me because i know full well that if those elbows are bent for too long it will put strain on them. I assume this figure uses the same body as the previous one, how was the rubber on the arms? Did it bulge a lot when bent?
Yeah, the IW Thanos doesn't look good when bending the rubber arms. There's a pretty unsightly amount of extra material. Would have been better for Hot Toys to include a pre-bent arm in EG Thanos like they did with IW.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping Hot Toys realizes that and adjusts the EG Thanos body to allow switch out arms.

Sideshow may not make the best figures but they had a good idea with all the arm options for Wolverine. Hot Toys should use that for characters like Thanos, Hulk, and Thor.

I'm hoping Hot Toys realizes that and adjusts the EG Thanos body to allow switch out arms.

Sideshow may not make the best figures but they had a good idea with all the arm options for Wolverine. Hot Toys should use that for characters like Thanos, Hulk, and Thor.

They knows, they are doing it intentionally. Might be to keep the cost lower or just to make the two a little more different

I guess there's always a 0,001% chance that they might slip this in closer to release once everyone else has their IW Thanos.

But it's a long shot. They don't normal do that.

They have announced upgrades to a few figures in the past, but it doesn't happen often. Two recent ones I can think of are the Hulkbuster revisions and the improved body on BvS Batman.

They have announced upgrades to a few figures in the past, but it doesn't happen often. Two recent ones I can think of are the Hulkbuster revisions and the improved body on BvS Batman.

True. That BvS Batman killed me ! I didn't have it at all on the radar because I'd signed him off as Fatman. Then when I found out it was all but too late. Managed to get him for not too much more than retail, and certainly not at today's prices.

In any case, I'm open to a surprise of a bent arm from HT.

This might be my very first 1/6th scale figure. Considering I only have 1/4 scale statues/figures, how well do you think this will stack up?

This might be my very first 1/6th scale figure. Considering I only have 1/4 scale statues/figures, how well do you think this will stack up?

Well sizewise it's a nice gradual step down to 1/6 I guess. But for me 1/6 figures are moveable statues. So it's a huge plus to be able to swap it up from time to time and put him in a pose that you want him in. Considering this has 2 headsculpts you also have a lot of options.

Sure you may not be able to get extreme poses like the one I posted a few pages back, but I would take 1/6 figures over statures any day of the week. Costwise as well.

Sold my IW figure to make way for Endgame Thanos. The Infinity War 1/6 is fantastic but I just don't have room for two of these things....and I just prefer the look of the new 'un.

Sold my IW figure to make way for Endgame Thanos. The Infinity War 1/6 is fantastic but I just don't have room for two of these things....and I just prefer the look of the new 'un.

That was quick. How long did you even own IW Thanos for?

You probably won't be the first either for those same reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back