Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had version 1 and liked it when I got it. It was a hard decision when the new one came out but ultimately I am happy with selling mine to get the new one. I always wanted a screaming more angry head sculpt for more display options and ultimately that's why I went for this one.

As far as improvements there aren't many. I'd say I like the new head sculpts better than the old one and the paint detailing on the body is better I think on the new one.

My pros and cons went pretty much like this:

Old one Pros:
Classic look
More green
Ripped pants
Already paid for

Old one cons:
Limited display options
Less detailed
One head sculpt
No second smash body
Exposed knee joints

New one Pros:
Two head sculpts
Superior head sculpts
Better detailing
Second body
More display options
Covered knee joints

New one Cons:
Yoga pants
Lighter olive green

Ultimately this new one won out and I'm a lot happier with it than I was the first release. Both great figures but for me this one is where it's at.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452437733.946680.jpg

The lighter, olive green color of the AoU figure is actually a pro to me instead of a con. I prefer the lighter hue.

Got mine in last week and love it! So much shelf presence and really looks great with the rest of the gang. Question, are anyone else's hands a slightly different shade of green to the arms?

After hearing Planet Hulk might be in Ragnarok, I'm tempted on waiting for that one to reveal itself, but if there's a big sale on this guy to clear inventory, that's probably when I'll order.

Yeah and given the direct then came out and said they had no story, no script, didn't know who was in the film and had just started pre pro...id take those planet hulk rumors with a very large grain of salt(the site that broke the rumor got the plot of Aou wrong in advance, said the Sony and marvel deal was dead the day before it was made public it had already been done, got Antman rumors wrong ect...so there's that too)

if anyone is interested, I am selling the articulated upper body w/ head, both pairs of hands & box/shipper of this guy. seeing if anyone here has any use for it bc I don't-just needed the smash torso

I would have made a thread in the for sale section here, but this is the only thing I have, seemed like not enough to post there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and given the direct then came out and said they had no story, no script, didn't know who was in the film and had just started pre pro...id take those planet hulk rumors with a very large grain of salt(the site that broke the rumor got the plot of Aou wrong in advance, said the Sony and marvel deal was dead the day before it was made public it had already been done, got Antman rumors wrong ect...so there's that too)

Oh ok, good to know. The big guy seems like he isn't selling out as quickly as the A1 version since a lot of people probably had the first one to begin with, so hopefully he'll get the discounts the Banner-Hulk set got last year (or the year prior, forgot).

if anyone is interested, I am selling the articulated upper body w/ head, both pairs of hands & box/shipper of this guy. seeing if anyone here has any use for it bc I don't-just needed the smash torso

I would have made a thread in the for sale section here, but this is the only thing I have, seemed like not enough to post there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually fine to post even if you only have 1 item or parts for sale, technically you are supposed to post there, but you also need to be a premium freaks member to sell stuff here.

Back