Hot Toys 2014 Toy Fairs Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, thought they might throw in one or two characters that would be "Oh sweet!" surprising not "I can't believe that's what they chose" surprising. Bring on the full reveal and pricing so I can see if my disappointment is warranted.

azu7ydyn.jpg

Does anyone know where we will be able to buy these from, or preorder?
Sideshow usually handles all of the Hot Toys Toy Fair exclusives on its site, so that would be the most likely place you'll be able to get them from.

Exact same line-up as 3 years ago. They figured they need Iron Man and Batman back, so units would fly off the shelves in an instant. Some of the Exclusives from 2012 and 2013 were slow sellers.

10475689_662879963786540_706328447698474730_n.jpg

I remember Sideshow had the Shadow Predator from Predator 2 in stock for two whole years, before it finally sold out :lol.

Awesome. Get to keep my wallet shut this year. Thanks Howard!

Its like Hot Toys is just trolling us at this point :D

:lol :lol :lol

I remember Sideshow had the Shadow Predator from Predator 2 in stock for two whole years, before it finally sold out :lol.

But before they got them, people were falling all over themselves dropping $500 for one after they thought it would never be released outside of Asia :lol In it's defense, it's actually a pretty awesome figure. Just not in the numbers HT produced.

I understand the draw of Batman, Predator and Ironman. They're the big sellers -- though they've got to dry up sometime.
If these exclusives prove anything it's that it will be a while before they dry up. Endless iterations can keep those going for years and there will always be collectors who missed out on previous releases like with the Bank Robber Joker. The rest will make completists happy.

Although I'd prefer that Hot Toys take a chance on other licenses, there are plenty of other manufacturers making great stuff these days. It's ultimately Hot Toys' loss for beating the same old franchises to death and still leaving out important characters because they're just dudes/ladies in suits that Howard Chan finds boring (despite obvious demand).

I'm still waiting for a Ra's al Ghul, a Pepper Potts or a Mike Harrigan to name three important/unmade characters from those franchises. Give me those exclusives and I'll buy all three. As it is, I'll probably only try for a Bank Robber Joker.

Back