Hot Toys 2014 Toy Fairs Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look at it like this the figures you really want probably wont be exclusive and a reg release then they wont be such a pain in the @$$ to get

If making money is their MO, I'd like to see them announce a line of Marvel figures based on the actual comics. They'd have enough characters to span decades, plus we all know the Marvel stuff sells. So why not go straight to the source material?

(Not going to lie, I just really want my 1/6 Taskmaster)

Sweet :hi5: Alien head on spear!
TOYFAIR2014AVP.jpg

This is what i always wanted from HT for their Toy Fair exclusives.

Something that is totally rehashed, bits and pieces from previously released stuff with a "SLIGHT" difference and a limited number.

I always hated when they made complete figures that were limited. Then the eventual scalping nightmare would begin, and i'd have to stress over tracking one down for a reasonable price.

My worst experience was for the T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise. Joe Colton last year given the excellent HS... was suprisingly a dud..

This is what i always wanted from HT for their Toy Fair exclusives.

Something that is totally rehashed, bits and pieces from previously released stuff with a "SLIGHT" difference and a limited number.

I always hated when they made complete figures that were limited. Then the eventual scalping nightmare would begin, and i'd have to stress over tracking one down for a reasonable price.

My worst experience was for the T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise. Joe Colton last year given the excellent HS... was suprisingly a dud..

And evil superman though it's a rehash, sold out faster than coulton. Hence why they did what they did with bank robber 2.0 :lol

As much as people will complain about the rehashs here (myself included) I'm guessing these will all be very strong sellers. Predator, IM and the Joker are all strong sellers for HT and have a fanbase willing to drop $$$ whenever possible to get the next figure. I think the last couple of years they tried to branch out a bit (which was cool) but ultimately they offered figures people didn't care about as much. Colton, both Captain Americas and Angelica just don't have the same draw as anything IM, Predator of Batman.

So boring, but pretty sure HT will clean up on these and I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 didn't go up in value. If any of them flounder it would be the Predator, but I think there are enough people who really wanted the original Ancients that he'll be a strong seller.

As much as people will complain about the rehashs here (myself included) I'm guessing these will all be very strong sellers. Predator, IM and the Joker are all strong sellers for HT and have a fanbase willing to drop $$$ whenever possible to get the next figure. I think the last couple of years they tried to branch out a bit (which was cool) but ultimately they offered figures people didn't care about as much. Colton, both Captain Americas and Angelica just don't have the same draw as anything IM, Predator of Batman.

So boring, but pretty sure HT will clean up on these and I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 didn't go up in value. If any of them flounder it would be the Predator, but I think there are enough people who really wanted the original Ancients that he'll be a strong seller.

Spot on. I think both sides of the arguments have made good points, but at the end of the day Hot Toys is a business and they are going to make decisions based on what will sell.

On a side note, I wonder if Hot Toys will do a Summer Exclusive this year. I just remember thinking it was odd they did the normal 3 Toy Fair ex figures and then an Summer Exclusive.

There's still hope for another exclusive!Last year were Colton,Evil Sup and Cap Star( Toyfair exclusive) in July and Midas( Summer Exclusive) in August

On a side note, I wonder if Hot Toys will do a Summer Exclusive this year. I just remember thinking it was odd they did the normal 3 Toy Fair ex figures and then an Summer Exclusive.

Yeah, I forgot about that. Maybe #4 will be the winner, or perhaps Bruce Wayne in his bathrobe :lol

I was figuring I'd have to get Joker, but I prefer the removable mask on the first one. So it's just Iron Man for me. But hard to get excited about these at all, at least not in the way I was for Gordon and Angelica.

Since it's the Ancient Predator I might have to pull the trigger on him.
When will we see any previews from SSC for SDCC?
Or do they just spring it on the people there and we wait to see what they post?

The Predator is a surprisingly good figure with the bios and Alien head on a stick. I may have to get him. Joker is a pass since I like the first one just fine. Getting Python isn't a priority but I may grab one if the price isn't horrible.

I like the reaction on here. Something along the lines of, "I don't want these, but I'm sure they'll sell". So someone out there wants these, right? Disappointed personally as I would have been glad to have bought something I wanted. I just don't want these.

Say i wanted one of these. Is any vendors carrying them? I hope to avoid greedBay.

Back