Hot Toys 2012 Toy Fair/Sideshow Exclusive Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, man.. I know :(
I'd buy Ex Preds even despite the Tsang's intrusion if they were AvP2-game characters.

Heh, we're pretty much HT's target audience. As long as there are people like us, Howard Chan has no reason to worry. :lol

What were the rumours this time last year? Were there any heads up so to speak that a gunmetal grey Mark IV, Batman Begins and Shadow Pred were on the way?

Not until July, I'm afraid. Then again, that's because those particular figures (the Batman and Predator, at least) didn't make it in time for SDCC.

It is bound to be - Cap America, Lost Pred (whats the chances of it NOT being a lost pred?!) and maybe a 17th Iron Man repaint.

Though id love something really random like we finally get Magneto or Ada Wong. Though i cant see them releasing a main character like Magneto in such a way. Maybe the new wolverine.

If sneaking suit Snake was already out id say it would be a good reason to pump out another outfit variant.

Last edited:
The stealth iron man could be a possibility.

I hope not. I'd rather see USO Cap, Commissioner Gordon, Ra's Al Ghul, or something more interesting. Not that stealth Iron Man isn't cool, but Iron Man is hitting heavy right now as it is, and it won't let up any time soon with IM3 next year.

Im guessing it will be something completely original, like a Iron Man mk I 3.o

A Predator is a shure bet, it's been done in the last two years.Not sure about the others.

Angelica from PotC might be a good choice. I don't think HT females have typically sold particularly well so the runs are relatively low which is why the fetch a good penny in the aftermarket. This will probably not be the case with Black Widow of course. With Angelica, they'd be better hedging their bets. Some folks will want her because she's a PotC character, and others will want her because she's an exclusive, so there is a better chance of selling twice as many. However if HT really wanted to make my day, they'd do a Neytiri EX.

The more I think about it the more I feel that I would probably pull the trigger on an Angelica. If done great it would be a great companion piece to Capt Jack.

I'm also in for the USO/rescue version Cap. America. Passing on the Avengers one since I think it's too similar to the original costume, but the Rescue version is deffinitely unique enough.

No to another lost predator. Just have too many.

So what the tally on these exclusives? How many will there be 2, 3?

So far the for sure one is USO Captain America

Then theres likely candidates from Angelica of POTC, a Batman Exclusive? Iron Man Exclusive? Predator exclusive? Even others randomly guessing Robocop? DX01 2.0 being the Exclusive....

What else has been rumored??

Angelica likely cause I don't see HT interested in POTC license anymore....Cannibal Jack will be a DX so.....

Around the time of DKR release so hopefully something Nolanisque.......

Back