Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So explain how I got a 600 pound shed shipped 602 km for about $120.00 CAD. Shed itself was $1800, so ironically probably less than we can expect for the TIE.

This would be going across the border though so for us it'll probably be like $500 shipping plus conversion so more like $650

I'm sure local distributors like Toytards, Toys 2, Urban Samurai, etc., would have them, too. Probably it won't qualify for their usual flat-rate shipping fees, though. :lol

9fdaf6b267f77ce5abd2a2c3ec321295.jpg

Epic !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is positive for folks in CA at least is that something this big usually gets "drop shipped" from SSC directly to reduce the costs of shipping. When I bought my Iron Man 1:1 Bust from Alter Ego Comics (Ohio), it was shipped directly from SSC, even came from the SSC Warehouse as if I ordered from them with nothing detailing AEC at all. If I could afford this at least I could order it elsewhere and still get it in the 3 days it usually takes from SSC :lol

Height of tie is 7.5 meters and 1 meter = 3.28 feet. 7.5 * 3.28 = 24.6 feet divided 1/6 = 4.1 feet tall. Width is 6.4 meters * 3.28 = 20.992 divided 1.6 = 3.5 feet rounding to the nearest tenth.
So it is 1/6. Stop saying it is not. It totally looks 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I looked up specs of tie and actually did the math. If you can't afford it then do not complain or state facts that are not true like it has to be 1/12.

YEAH! Tell 'em!!!

What is positive for folks in CA at least is that something this big usually gets "drop shipped" from SSC directly to reduce the costs of shipping. When I bought my Iron Man 1:1 Bust from Alter Ego Comics (Ohio), it was shipped directly from SSC, even came from the SSC Warehouse as if I ordered from them with nothing detailing AEC at all. If I could afford this at least I could order it elsewhere and still get it in the 3 days it usually takes from SSC :lol

What did you say? i was kinda distracted by your sig :naughty

So the wing and support attaches to the body behind the piece with the obvious seam.

It looks like its all one piece, where nothing detaches (unless I missed something). If so, its just more proof that this is indeed just a prop to create buzz. I would imagine if this was a future production piece the wings being detachable would be more... obvious. You can see the molded seam running left to right by the cockpit all the way to the wing on each side, right in the middle. It would not detach like that if this was being produced. Why would they make six detachable pieces (three on each side) when the obvious engineering design would be to just have both wings detach. There is no chance this gets shipped like that... all one piece. It would be to big, to fragile, to survive a journey of that distance.

It looks incredible and the details are insane. If anyone wants a big TIE your best bet as of now is Hasbro's new one shown at SDCC.

The last image looks like those pieces would be removed allowing access to the a connection of the wing. Could be wrong, but it just seems odd that its the only very obvious visible seams where two pieces come together. That would also make a very sensible location to hide the connection between the wing and the cockpit and still have something sturdy.

It looks like its all one piece, where nothing detaches (unless I missed something). If so, its just more proof that this is indeed just a prop to create buzz. I would imagine if this was a future production piece the wings being detachable would be more... obvious. You can see the molded seam running left to right by the cockpit all the way to the wing on each side, right in the middle. It would not detach like that if this was being produced. Why would they make six detachable pieces (three on each side) when the obvious engineering design would be to just have both wings detach. There is no chance this gets shipped like that... all one piece. It would be to big, to fragile, to survive a journey of that distance.

It looks incredible and the details are insane. If anyone wants a big TIE your best bet as of now is Hasbro's new one shown at SDCC.

If you look at the EFX TIE Fighter you cannot se that the wings are attached separately by removing the end caps, unless you assembled the TIE wrong. I'm pretty sure the HT TIE was not shipped as you see it on display.

a small part of me is hoping this has a ridiculously expensive asking price if it ever gets made. That way I don't have to try and convince my wife!

Back