Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mystery stand solved. Hoth Floor Grates.
2745b4c4a7b8a8834c1cccac2cefac72.png

1cd5baf72e29233dfa1b53b8e5d83020.png

94e4f3fcb17a9edb90035aa756ac75e0.png

With Hoth Leia here, I'm feeling glad I did not pull the trigger on a SST Luke Hoth couple of months back. A Luke Hoth should be on the horizon.
Will get Leia Hoth to go with my SST Han Hoth. When Luke is here, I will be basically done with ESB.

Awesome. Looks better than I thought it would. Love the extras too. This will be my first Hot Toys Star Wars figure. And not the last as even though they didn't show Jedi Luke today, I expect that will be soon or by SDCC at the latest.

Not the Leia I wanted....but she will do nicely for now. It really seems like a nice piece.
Just hope they do a Bounty Hunter Leia in the future, which would go extra well with the Jedi Luke (which is the only Luke I'm getting).

Not the Leia I wanted....but she will do nicely for now. It really seems like a nice piece.
Just hope they do a Bounty Hunter Leia in the future, which would go extra well with the Jedi Luke (which is the only Luke I'm getting).

my sentiments on both points as well. I doubt they'll do a slave leia but for sure could do a BH Leia.

well, I caved and PO'd. Too good of a figure to pass up. I will be breaking my rule of only SW figures from A New Hope.

At this point i'm thinking about just collecting Leia figures.

my sentiments on both points as well. I doubt they'll do a slave leia but for sure could do a BH Leia.

I agree with both of you. I did preorder this one, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it, since the Leia I really want is the Bounty Hunter version.

DX. 2 figures. One as bounty hunter leia and the other as slave leia.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I would love a slave leia and bounty hunter leia too as i love her hairstyles but i dont know if hot toys will make one as i think carrie fisher did not like being sexualized that way or something along those lines. They may not want to tarnish her memory in that sense. Would like a padme in white too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That's not a hard number to hit with these prices and 1-year-out delivery. If this and Jedi Luke end up being around the same time I might go Timewalker.

But isn't there some restock fee or cancelation fee?

I'm not sure but I don't think they charge restock type of fees. I had no plans on cancelling so it's worked out ok. I got the RO Trooper set shipped for free and have a couple of figures pre-ordered and set to ship together to save on shipping.

Their discounted figure prices pretty much equal SS's reward points so waiting for free shipping ends up being cheaper, all around, than with SS. Even if you want a figure shipped, the shipping is cheaper than SS.

By the way, I've used Timewalker, BBTS and Alter Ego and all are great.

I would love a slave leia and bounty hunter leia too as i love her hairstyles but i dont know if hot toys will make one as i think carrie fisher did not like being sexualized that way or something along those lines. They may not want to tarnish her memory in that sense.

Carrie said that some of the British crew were leering jerks when she wore the outfit on set but otherwise it didn't bother her. She even laughed at the one dad who cried foul that Hasbro made a Slave Leia action figure. What she did seem to object to was companies taking her likeness as Slave Leia and overdoing the sexualization like that one bare assed statue that Gentle Giant previewed a few years back. She didn't actually *have* a bare ass in the costume (it really was a bikini) so I could understand her position.

I've pretty much stopped preordering anything from SS.. but this is an instant one.

same here. I only order from SSC when I have no other alternative - such as with the EX editions.

Luckily Hoth Leia does not have an EX... ANH Leia had an EX but I regret buying that in retrospect since the diorama backdrop has never left the original box.

A Boussh Leia would be great. It's really the only other version of her I'd want I think. Don't really care much for the Endor dress look. Maybe the gear she first wears on Endor during the Speeder Bike chase. I don't know if I'd really buy the slave look. It's iconic and would make for a good display with Jabba but I don't know.

same here. I only order from SSC when I have no other alternative - such as with the EX editions.

Luckily Hoth Leia does not have an EX... ANH Leia had an EX but I regret buying that in retrospect since the diorama backdrop has never left the original box.

Can always sell it. I think I sold mine for $30 or so. And if you just peel off the exclusive sticker you have the regular edition. It's not like small exclusive accessories in the plastic tray where there'd be a spot missing for the exclusive.

She also had a statue of herself as Slave Leia in her house.

(I'm pretty sure it was seen in the Justin Lee Collins documentary, Bring Back... Star Wars).

EDIT: Yes...

Jump to 8:15.

It was a birthday present from Lucas. :lol

WARNING: topless statue ahead!

That GG statue was just a few years back, Carrie actually looked quite good then. I just love her whole attitude about the Saga. She can be sarcastic and above it all but at the same time can still quote any line or cite any amount of random trivia just as easily as the most diehard of fans.

Carrie said that some of the British crew were leering jerks when she wore the outfit on set but otherwise it didn't bother her. She even laughed at the one dad who cried foul that Hasbro made a Slave Leia action figure. What she did seem to object to was companies taking her likeness as Slave Leia and overdoing the sexualization like that one bare assed statue that Gentle Giant previewed a few years back. She didn't actually *have* a bare ass in the costume (it really was a bikini) so I could understand her position.
Cool! Well if it is done tastefully in that sense then it would be awesome as that costume was just so iconic not to be made by Hot Toys.

But of course what collectors do after they get the figure is another thing.

I just love her hairstyles especially the bounty hunter one where she looked so vulnerable yet strong.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A Boussh Leia would be great. It's really the only other version of her I'd want I think. Don't really care much for the Endor dress look. Maybe the gear she first wears on Endor during the Speeder Bike chase. I don't know if I'd really buy the slave look. It's iconic and would make for a good display with Jabba but I don't know.

Yeah the slave outfit might be the most iconic, but I've always thought she looked far cuter in the Endor scenes for whatever reason, and would much rather have a figure of that. And plus its just a more interesting outfit in my opinion.

IMG_20170505_130642~01.jpg

It's funny how Sideshow gets the goods in Cali, ships them to Wisconsin, and then you folks in Cali have it shipped back to you for about 65% less plus no state tax. FYI it is nearly 4000 miles round trip from LA to Somerset Wisconsin according to Google maps.

I know that SSC is the official distributor of Hot Toys in the US but is this in fact how the distribution works?

It seems some type of logistics or efficiency expert would have recommended that the figures ship directly from the factories in Asia to BTTS in WI (rather than make a stop at SSC in CA).

Back