Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
494d9a78f60d9a1acbfe58aee15a0771.jpg

Wow! Great pic, Link! I'm very tempted to grab her. If you swap out the headsculpt with the new Bespin dress one, and I suppose the shoes - we would pretty much have a Bespin Leia right?

It was really bugging me how wide and shapeless the outfit was on this figure, so I decided to do a bit of radical surgery. I removed the undersuit, narrowed the waist, hips, and legs on the body quite a bit, and then slimmed down the outfit as much as I could. The material they used still creates a lot of ugly wrinkles I'm not crazy about, but it's at least a bit more form-fitting now and she looks more petite like she should be. :)

View attachment 439203

View attachment 439210

View attachment 439205

So you just cloned Carrie Fisher? I mean damn thats uncanny valley spot on I wish I had the skill to do a repaint like that.

Thanks! It wasn't a full repaint though, I just added some extra layers to the existing paint. Only thing I really repainted was the eyes.

I know lots of people would pay to have this done on theirs as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up Leia yesterday while at a convention. She was a store return as she was "totally broken".
I bought her for £90 / €100/$115 and figured I could try and fix her.
I opened the box to find that the only issue was that the bicep swivel joint on the left arm had cracked and will need to be reglued. Other than that shes in perfect condition.
a7dd6dd60d9232672f1b12b5af35cb9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It was really bugging me how wide and shapeless the outfit was on this figure, so I decided to do a bit of radical surgery. I removed the undersuit, narrowed the waist, hips, and legs on the body quite a bit, and then slimmed down the outfit as much as I could. The material they used still creates a lot of ugly wrinkles I'm not crazy about, but it's at least a bit more form-fitting now and she looks more petite like she should be. :)

View attachment 439203

View attachment 439210

View attachment 439205
Amazing mods man. Just a quick question, to remove the suit did you unpick the stitches at the front or the back of the suit? Mine has a broken arm so I need to do some surgery so the suit has to come off.

I picked up Leia yesterday while at a convention. She was a store return as she was "totally broken".
I bought her for £90 / €100/$115 and figured I could try and fix her.
I opened the box to find that the only issue was that the bicep swivel joint on the left arm had cracked and will need to be reglued. Other than that shes in perfect condition.
a7dd6dd60d9232672f1b12b5af35cb9e.jpg

Nice pick up of a great figure. Props too for the backpack!

I never intended to buy her as I have the ANH version but sometimes you just can't pass up a deal!

The backpack was a present from my wife after my last one was stolen from my car. It's very cool, even if I do say so myself!

Last edited:
Congrats, j14. I've been pondering picking up Hoth Leia as well. Not sure if to get her or the Bespin Leia version, which I'm leaning more towards. I don't need both.

And cool looking back-pack!

I never intended to buy her as I have the ANH version but sometimes you just can't pass up a deal!

The backpack was a present from my wife after my last one was stolen from my car. It's very cool, even if I do say so myself!

Cool wife! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats, j14. I've been pondering picking up Hoth Leia as well. Not sure if to get her or the Bespin Leia version, which I'm leaning more towards. I don't need both.

And cool looking back-pack!

Yeah honestly if I had to choose just one, I'd probably go for the Bespin Leia over Hoth. As the Hoth outfit just wasn't well-executed and isn't nearly as flattering on her as the Bespin gown appears to be.

The Bespin gown is probably more striking and looks more elegant, but I associate her Hoth outfit the most as being ESB Leia and representing the overall film best.

I fixed her arm and now I just need to sew up the front of her outfit (I had to unpick the front seam to get to her broken arm).
Pretty cool looking figure all the same.

Back