1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More and more I am liking the idea of having the three HT versions of Boba. ESB Boba in the carbon freeze dio, pre-pro flamethrower version hangs with my other bounty hunters, ROTJ boba battles Jedi Luke. :yess:

Anyone have or want to post pics or a video of a sideshow fett dressed in the proto gear next to the esb fett? I am trying to figure out if I'm going to keep my extra sideshow or sell it.

For some reason I hadn't thought of doing it that way. Ever since the Deluxe was shown I've been planning to build the HT as the Pre-Production, and donate the leftover parts to upgrade the Sideshow.

But it might be better to do it the other way and keep the HT as the ESB, since the movie version ought to take precedence.

My Sideshow Boba has the second version vest, front and back armour, codpiece and neck/collar, which look a lot better than the first version which the HT ESB was compared to in the video.

Only today, after all these years, I decided to removed the foam that made his pockets so boxy.

Completely agree, the comparison video has just finished uploading.

Great comparison video. It is surprising just how similar the SS and HT helmet look in terms of shape and color, although thankfully the HT doesn't look to be quite as lime green.

And the chest armor was supposed to be darker in color than the helmet, so HT got that right.

Great compare.

People think the HT color is close to the 'lime' SS? That's just crazy.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Great compare.

People think the HT color is close to the 'lime' SS? That's just crazy.

View attachment 417544
I think just the helmet. Not the body armor. But maybe I missed some comments. I still think there's something a bit funky about the HT proportions as they relate to the chest armor/legs, but it seems better than the ROTJ version.

Thank you for posting this. And great video!!

While just about everything is slightly inferior on the SS Fett versus the HT version, the profile view of the helmets next to each other really demonstrates how HT continues to over-exaggerate the arc of the visor. SS at least understood the flatter design of the front half of the helmet. The fact that the new HT helmet still relegates the back half of the helmet to representing much less than an actual half (more like 1/3) of the whole thing is surprising to me. It's not like there aren't enough reference photos out there to get it right. It might not seem like that big of a deal except that constructing it this way at the profile angle prevents a truly accurate likeness from every angle.

And like SS, HT still messed up the pockets under the ammo belt. Such an easy thing to get right, but still done wrong. That's just lazy.

Also seems like HT just repainted the ROTJ chest armor, but inserted a new digital screen. That armor was one of my biggest gripes with how the HT Fett costume failed to match the proportions of the actual Fett armor, and it looks like they decided not to change it. But, I can't fault HT for not catering to OCD freaks like me. The armor, like everything else about the figure, is plenty good enough for most collectors, so why bother? I get that.

The comparison video does cement that the new Fett is the best Fett on the market. Not perfect, but better than the prior options. Still love the SS v1 light-up base, though.

The color is actually what bothers me the least...except for the black wrist pegs. I just can't figure why the would keep doing that with this character.

Looking forward to seeing Fett in natural lighting. Justin does a great job in getting an early review to us however I am never a fan of the white backgrounds. Overall you still have to give the SS version its props for a older figure, **** load of accessories and a light up base for $170. Nobody should be knocking it.

de63d51fe4cd79a81cc0730af11375d9.jpg
d12faaaf611707827939db0648d36081.png
65ad59c4090b37ad667667f3aaa81e9c.png

This helmet did see some action in 1978! I believe this was Fett’s first appearance, 2 months prior to the Holiday Special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing Fett in natural lighting. Justin does a great job in getting an early review to us however I am never a fan of the white backgrounds. Overall you still have to give the SS version its props for a older figure, **** load of accessories and a light up base for $170. Nobody should be knocking it.

Cool enough figure when it was made, but next to the HT it's completely obsolete. You could point out a lot of things but the debate starts and immediately ends with the color of the armor.

Back