1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any body got any other ebay codes to share that one expired typical just when I was getting ready to use it.

It's not really a thing where people find out codes and it spreads by word of mouth. The code is pretty much always displayed front and center when you load eBay's homepage. I also get email's which helps me to become aware sooner rather than later since I don't browse eBay daily.

15% goes a long way with the prices these figures get to. At least it wasn't a 20% off you missed!

It's not really a thing where people find out codes and it spreads by word of mouth. The code is pretty much always displayed front and center when you load eBay's homepage. I also get email's which helps me to become aware sooner rather than later since I don't browse eBay daily.

15% goes a long way with the prices these figures get to. At least it wasn't a 20% off you missed!

no but it some times helps I. I get emails to from them but must have missed this one for some reason.

eBay has been pretty generous with discounts lately. I’m sure there will be a new one offered in the next few weeks or so.

The deluxe is almost like a Sideshow old Kenner Exclusive like the Hoth Han blue coat or the Snowtrooper with old Kenner Rigel.
1892e5a106021b1150988b80077a4b46.jpg

Yeah the fact it reminded me of the old Kenner figure is actually what made me consider this more than the old proto costume pics.

OK... This may sound like a stupid but here goes anyway. On the Pre production version of Fett in the promo images the pouch belt has the small leather pouches at the front with tow different coloured pocket pouches at the side, whereas the ESB version has the brown leather pouches in two groups on the side above the pocket pouches and a gap at the front. The ROTJ Fett has the brown leather pocket pouches the same as the Pre production version with them being in the front. Is it just a case of sliding the pouches along the belt or are they fixed in place?

...Never mind... just checked and they can slide along.

Last edited:
I wonder if this HT Fett figure will fade to insignificance like the ROTJ version did.

It did have issues starting with the helmet, but the HT ROTJ version was still a pretty nice fig, yet people seemed to cool on it quickly and it seemed to become one of those meh HT figs.

This one is a bit more screen accurate and perhaps ESB Fett is more iconic than ol' Sarlacc-food Fett but I guess we'll see.

Still debating on this figure. I have ROTJ but i'm a huge boba fett fan.... okay i'll pre order him now. Post up some vids and pics whoever gets him in hand!

I wonder if this HT Fett figure will fade to insignificance like the ROTJ version did.

It did have issues starting with the helmet, but the HT ROTJ version was still a pretty nice fig, yet people seemed to cool on it quickly and it seemed to become one of those meh HT figs.

This one is a bit more screen accurate and perhaps ESB Fett is more iconic than ol' Sarlacc-food Fett but I guess we'll see.

ESB Boba was always my favourite, but hey, ‘cos he’s green!

Sent from the Slave1

This is my definitive Fett so makes no difference to me

I think the 1/6 world has reached over saturation with ole Fett.. 2 Medicoms, 3 Sideshows, and 3 HT’s so far, and I’m sure HT will figure out a way to pump out another at some point, and if he’s different I’ll still buy him.

I think the 1/6 world has reached over saturation with ole Fett.. 2 Medicoms, 3 Sideshows, and 3 HT’s so far, and I’m sure HT will figure out a way to pump out another at some point, and if he’s different I’ll still buy him.

I think Hot Toys is too late to the party with ESB Fett allthough its probably the best version on the market right now.

The SSC Fett was very good for the time, but over time I found the Flack Jacket to be quite a pain the BEEP. It was also the incorrect material, and one of the key things that makes Fett look great is the flak jacket , with the quilted shoulders etc. Another issue was the wooki braids. They managed to fix some of these issues with the V3 release FETT but the helmet was just not quite there .

When Hot Toys released ROTJ Fett , it was a huge milestone and I am fairly happy with it . My biggest gripe with the ROTJ and looking at the ESB version is the gauntlett hoses are just solid rubber, they should be a hose inside a clear dirty hose for accuracy. The wooki braids are better on the HT ESB , but the grey one just doesnt look enough. It should be long enough for the braid to hang heavily over the guantlett.
Other than that being a Fett expert to some degree, this new ESB fett looks accurate , except the wide visor is throwing it off a bit for my liking but the paint looks glorious. They even applied the small Cross decal on the side ear piece which is something no one had done yet or realized .

I need to order this soon , I have a feeling with all new hot toys, they seem to double and even tripple in price upon release and sell out faster than anything in recent years . Sadly for ROTJ Fett, I predict everyone will start selling theirs off cheap to by the ESB version and market will be flooded with unwanted HT ROTJ Fetts , although when Jabba the Hutt deluxe comes out , maybe everyone will pick him up again.

HT ROTJ Fett is still a good figure and recommended , one day he will be gone and everyone will sook they cant get him anymore.

here is a pic of my modded Fett with clear hoses on the guantlett

16142885_1297286583626840_478522076371283141_n.jpg

16105823_1297286670293498_8060756525671257863_n.jpg

I think Hot Toys is too late to the party with ESB Fett allthough its probably the best version on the market right now.

The SSC Fett was very good for the time, but over time I found the Flack Jacket to be quite a pain the BEEP. It was also the incorrect material, and one of the key things that makes Fett look great is the flak jacket , with the quilted shoulders etc. Another issue was the wooki braids. They managed to fix some of these issues with the V3 release FETT but the helmet was just not quite there .

When Hot Toys released ROTJ Fett , it was a huge milestone and I am fairly happy with it . My biggest gripe with the ROTJ and looking at the ESB version is the gauntlett hoses are just solid rubber, they should be a hose inside a clear dirty hose for accuracy. The wooki braids are better on the HT ESB , but the grey one just doesnt look enough. It should be long enough for the braid to hang heavily over the guantlett.
Other than that being a Fett expert to some degree, this new ESB fett looks accurate , except the wide visor is throwing it off a bit for my liking but the paint looks glorious. They even applied the small Cross decal on the side ear piece which is something no one had done yet or realized .

I need to order this soon , I have a feeling with all new hot toys, they seem to double and even tripple in price upon release and sell out faster than anything in recent years . Sadly for ROTJ Fett, I predict everyone will start selling theirs off cheap to by the ESB version and market will be flooded with unwanted HT ROTJ Fetts , although when Jabba the Hutt deluxe comes out , maybe everyone will pick him up again.

HT ROTJ Fett is still a good figure and recommended , one day he will be gone and everyone will sook they cant get him anymore.

here is a pic of my modded Fett with clear hoses on the gauntlet

Agree with you, HT ESB looks to be the best on the market by far imo. I’ve always been really happy with the V2 SCC ESB, but the finish alone on the HT is enough reason for me to make the purchase on this one.

Nice mod on the tubes, great pics man!

Hey guys my review just went up :)

Great video.

I hate to say it, but while the sculpt is a big step up, I'm slightly disturbed how the HT ESB helmet color doesn't look quite as different to the Sideshow helmet color as I would have liked. The other parts like the color of the chest armor is great, but I really wish the standard HT ESB helmet was closer to the grey-green-blue of the pre-pro helmet that comes with the HT DX version.

If you do a follow-up video, it would be great to see closer video of the Sideshow and HT ESB helmets closer up to compare the colors.

It's super hard to tell because green just doesn't photograph very consistently, so I'll reserve judgement until I have the DX version in-hand, but the HT ESB color scheme overall still feels like it's still not quite right in terms of that subtle grey-green-blue color that ESB Fett has onscreen. It's obviously way closer than the SSC, but still not quite there.

Interestingly, the old Marmit ESB Fett is kinda grey (with only the slightest hint of green and blue) overall on the helmet and armor, but that sort of felt more accurate than this "too-green" aspect that seems to come with these later versions of ESB Fett.

Great video.

I hate to say it, but while the sculpt is a big step up, I'm slightly disturbed how the HT ESB helmet color doesn't look quite as different to the Sideshow helmet color as I would have liked. The other parts like the color of the chest armor is great, but I really wish the standard HT ESB helmet was closer to the grey-green-blue of the pre-pro helmet that comes with the HT DX version.

If you do a follow-up video, it would be great to see closer video of the Sideshow and HT ESB helmets closer up to compare the colors.

It's super hard to tell because green just doesn't photograph very consistently, so I'll reserve judgement until I have the DX version in-hand, but the HT ESB color scheme overall still feels like it's still not quite right in terms of that subtle grey-green-blue color that ESB Fett has onscreen. It's obviously way closer than the SSC, but still not quite there.

Interestingly, the old Marmit ESB Fett is kinda grey (with only the slightest hint of green and blue) overall on the helmet and armor, but that sort of felt more accurate than this "too-green" aspect that seems to come with these later versions of ESB Fett.

Completely agree, the comparison video has just finished uploading.

Anyone have or want to post pics or a video of a sideshow fett dressed in the proto gear next to the esb fett? I am trying to figure out if I'm going to keep my extra sideshow or sell it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back