1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone who wants Hot Toys to fix the helmet on this figure should e-mail Hot Toys: [email protected] and forward them this picture:

View attachment 389347

The visor needs to be shortened, angled forward slightly with more of an indented curve up the jawline. This is the biggest problem with the helmet. Also, the eye slit in the visor should be slightly more narrow, and the top of the dome should be slightly shorter. A more blueish/grey flight suit would also be more screen accurate, and reflect the Kenner Boba Fett toys we grew up with.

Great comp pics but the helmet in those ESB Fett promo pics is different to the helmet shown on the Fett seen in the backgrounds of the HT ESB Vader promo pics - meaning the ESB helmet sculpt has already been revised once.

As others have said, it's possible the Fett helmet seen in the Vader promo was just a quick repaint of the HT ROTJ Fett (significantly, the stripes are orange on both the HT ROTJ Fett and the ESB version seen in the Vader pics) but other parts of the helmet do look slightly different too - though hard to confirm because the pics are blurry and few in number.

If that was just a quick repaint of the HT ROTJ Fett seen in the Vader promo, then it's possible we'll get a helmet tweak, but if they have already tweaked it, maybe not.

Watch them change it... for the worse. :lol

:lol :lol

I'm just waiting for them to release a Holiday Special Han Solo figure with updated headsculpt to match their animated Fett! :rock

star-wars-holiday-special-nailed-han-solos-look-26763259.png

Well, I took the plunge into a 1:6 Boba Fett.
Won an auction for a loose Medicom ESB Boba for 56€ (~$70) shipped on ebay last night. He's missing his accessories, but I mainly want for him for spare parts anyway (helmet, gauntlets, chest armor). For that price, no big deal if the HT ends up being superior. Then I'll have something to practice painting & weathering on.:lol

Well, I took the plunge into a 1:6 Boba Fett.
Won an auction for a loose Medicom ESB Boba for 56€ (~$70) shipped on ebay last night. He's missing his accessories, but I mainly want for him for spare parts anyway (helmet, gauntlets, chest armor). For that price, no big deal if the HT ends up being superior. Then I'll have something to practice painting & weathering on.:lol

He didn't come with much. Just a gun, some tools, and extra set of hands.

Just received the medicom Boba in the mail. While removing all the armor and clothing, both legs and the left arm broke off. :lol That body is going right into the trash.
I'm really digging the helmet though. If HT ends up not making significant improvements, I'll have a plan B now.

I just placed my PO in good faith that HT makes the changes. Even if they don't, how can I pass up an almost perfect HT ESB Fett?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Here is the exact response I got today on the fett helmet

Hello

Thanks for interest Hot Toys products.
Yes, we received many emails from our fans to report the helmet is not accurate.
We had forwarded to our design & production team as a reference already.

Please keep visiting our official website and Facebook page to get our most updated news!

Here is the exact response I got today on the fett helmet

Hello

Thanks for interest Hot Toys products.
Yes, we received many emails from our fans to report the helmet is not accurate.
We had forwarded to our design & production team as a reference already.

Please keep visiting our official website and Facebook page to get our most updated news!

Seems like they are really listening to the feedback then. Sounds promising.

We shall see, but its hopeful. Look at the Emperor. A complete resculpt on preorder day versus the initial reveal

The fact that they've actually acknowledged that a lot of people have provided feedback shows that they are at least looking at it. Lets just hope they take it onboard.

I'm sure HT want to deliver the best product possible, that does mean more sales and returning customers afterall.

Back