1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Oh is the material pleather? i always had the impression that it was made with the same fabric as the TLJ kylo ren cape haha actually im not so sure XD

I have no idea, it seems like a same material with Anakin's vest though that video clip.

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

I have no idea, it seems like a same material with Anakin's vest though that video clip.

Its not the same, this one is thinner.. and cheaper.

Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

How would you know it?s cheaper? ...it definitely needs to be much thinner/softer than Anakins to drape correctly.

I’m not a Hot Toys apologist and I call out when they cut corners, but... You called the Mandalore Maul cheap for not using these legs even though that would be inaccurate. And now this figure is cheap.

What’s up with that?

Do you have the Solo Maul and Anakin in-hand to compare?

Granted, it’s not like Hot Toys uses the highest quality materials, but they’re generally pretty consistent. And while the quality could sometimes be better, it’s usually not “cheap” per se.

Their pleather looks good, rests realistically on figures, and the textures are accurate to scale (if it were the cheapest possible, it wouldn’t do those things).

The main downside is that it’s not as durable as it could be, especially when used on thin pieces. But there are plenty of examples out there of what really bargain basement cheap pleather looks like and this isn’t it.

Last edited:

I have Anakin, that is normal pleather. This is in fact more like Kylo, closer to a fake type of suede

I’m not a Hot Toys apologist and I call out when they cut corners, but... You called the Mandalore Maul cheap for not using these legs even though that would be inaccurate. And now this figure is cheap.

What’s up with that?

Do you have the Solo Maul and Anakin in-hand to compare?

Granted, it’s not like Hot Toys uses the highest quality materials, but they’re generally pretty consistent. And while the quality could sometimes be better, it’s usually not “cheap” per se.

Their pleather looks good, rests realistically on figures, and the textures are accurate to scale (if it were the cheapest possible, it wouldn’t do those things).

The main downside is that it’s not as durable as it could be, especially when used on thin pieces. But there are plenty of examples out there of what really bargain basement cheap pleather looks like and this isn’t it.

Hope you are right !

This guy turned out incredibly well - so glad I preordered all those months ago.

TCW one looks excellent too, but this is likely the closest we?re gonna get Rebels Maul and that?s my favorite look for the character.

I actually hope we get the 2 other clone war looks for mayo first. How about the first set of mech legs, ostrich style, from mother talsen. Also, how about the spider mech look he has when he is found by savage oppress. Long horns and all. Let's get those!

I actually hope we get the 2 other clone war looks for mayo first. How about the first set of mech legs, ostrich style, from mother talsen. Also, how about the spider mech look he has when he is found by savage oppress. Long horns and all. Let's get those!

Yeah those Mayo looks are essential :lol

Cant ever see spider legs happening.

Apparently the tunic isn't pleather?

And it shouldn't be either. It's not leather on the screen used fabric, it looks similar to what Hot Toys used for TLJ Kylo Ren's cape.

Дарт-Мол-SW-Персон.jpg

I wasn't originally going to pick this one up but he's looking great, much better HS.

Nice review by Justin. The sculpt and legs look outstanding. The outfit being non pleather is terrific news. I also agree with Justin, I think the biggest drawback to the figure is that it's been labeled a DX release for no other reason than PERS. It's a fine release but it just doesn't come with a lot of stuff and the extras that are included just aren't very exciting.

Nice review by Justin. The sculpt and legs look outstanding. The outfit being non pleather is terrific news. I also agree with Justin, I think the biggest drawback to the figure is that it's been labeled a DX release for no other reason than PERS. It's a fine release but it just doesn't come with a lot of stuff and the extras that are included just aren't very exciting.

Not to mention that awful space hogging stand. Grrrrr

Not to mention that awful space hogging stand. Grrrrr

Indeed those monstrosities take up way too much real estate for most any of us with sizable(and growing) collections to consider usable anymore. If anything at all probably folks use them for a very temporary action pose, maybe snap a couple pics and eventually back in the box or some other long term storage container.

Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

I'm surprised by the level of interest in this figure. Sculpt's amazing, legs are super impressive, but the outfit (source) looks kinda lame and then of course it's from a flick where he showed up for all of 10 seconds. Curious where big Maul fans place this compared to the Clone Wars version in terms of importance to own.

Last edited:

I like elements from both figures. For this one, it comes down to the mech look, and saber style, for me. Clone wars variation, the outfit is clean and having the full red and black upper body is the true selling point for me. I ordered both, but, if I had to choose, I'd go clone wars for versatility.

I like elements from both figures. For this one, it comes down to the mech look, and saber style, for me. Clone wars variation, the outfit is clean and having the full red and black upper body is the true selling point for me. I ordered both, but, if I had to choose, I'd go clone wars for versatility.

:duff Makes sense. Mechanical legs are very impressive on this, the type of thing HT does exceptionally well.

Back