Hot Toys – MMS272D08 – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Hot Rod (Mark XXII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could pay for this almost entirely with RP... but I dunno.... I don't care for the armor much... but it is Iron Man and it is exclusive and damn.

Any current promo codes to make this guy a little more affordable? With igor, heartbreaker, Gemini, falcon, winter soldier and star lord coming the price is a little hard to swallow.

Ordered mine as soon as they were available. After seeing how fast the Trooper went on a wait list I wasn't taking a chance. Not that it was cheap by any means, I was shocked it was under $300.

This will be interesting as the Iron Patriot and War Machine Mk2 are not that popular (or were massively overproduced) and going for much below retail on secondary market and Iron Patriot is getting heavy discounts. This armor could go either way.

it is a great time to be a collector. HT is producing a bunch of cool pieces. Not happy about all the price increase but not much one can do but pay the piper.

Everyone that sees my collection is enamoured with the iron man suits and hall of armor. I get some comments for the Nolan stuff, but the suits when all together are amazing on display and receive the most raves from my friends.

This is every armor Mark released sans Peacekeeper, HB and now Gemini(Starboost, whatevers LoL). Not all that many unique versions considering from back to 2008. It's the v2s and variants from the IM line that draws angst which can be a valid complaint as well. However I can't wait to get the recently released suits and soon Hot Rod. With each new one, a color pilate is added like a brush stroke to an art canvas. Love my Legion.

Nice display! Guidance on what LED strips you are using and how you run the wiring?

Gotta say I am glad to see this, and glad to see it's in die-cast, but disappointed that this is the third incarnation of an excellent mold. No way to get around that, but it's just too identical to the War Machine Mark II armor for me. A HUGE selling point for this will be that it's the 5th die-cast release to come out since last year. Still not sure I want it - would much rather spend money on new molds.

Wow, $295! I wonder if it'll still be around in a couple of months for a code. Tough call for all you guys on the fence.

Oh yeah, man. I'm still thinkin'. It's starting to look a little better - hopefully they won't all be gone by the time my brain thinks: "this is awesome!" :)

The price is about what I figured it'd be--just can't make myself get it. I'm sure it will sell out since it's an exclusive but it's just not a must-have armor for me. Congrats to those who are getting it. Now bring on Shotgun and Blue Steel!

I've always been of the mindset that it's just best to PO or buy now. Times of pre order sell outs are basically gone, but there's a peace of mind knowing you won't have to possibly scramble in the future in order to save $20.

The price is about what I figured it'd be--just can't make myself get it. I'm sure it will sell out since it's an exclusive but it's just not a must-have armor for me. Congrats to those who are getting it. Now bring on Shotgun and Blue Steel!

I'm all over Blue Steel.

If they would paint this War Machine/Iron Patriot mold up as an actual Iron Man red/gold, I would be all over that as well. The paint is radically different on War Machine and the Iron Patriot, but this just doesn't change enough for me.

I would pick this up if I did not already have WMII and IP. Im not going to drop another $300 just because it's an exclusive. Congrats to those who are getting this, it is a nice suit.

I figure if I pay this kind of money for Iron Patriot & War Machine then Hot Rod is worth the same as it's made from the same materials after all, ok with the first release Hot Toys are factoring in their costs & as they released 2 versions this may have been spread (not sure)..., the difference with Hot Rod (to justify the same money in Hot Toys eyes) is the limited numbers, I would like to know what they class as limited though. You only have to look at Sideshow's premium format Stormtrooper which has been a limited edition for HOW MANY YEARS NOW??? To know it can be a con at times. lol ;) For me though, I only want 1 figure so that's all that interests me.

Well... In my defense of getting this, I didn't get WM MKII because it wasn't in the movie. This on the other hand... :lol

Back