Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, just wanted to share a few pics of mine :wave
View attachment 214055
Amazing :clap

Also lol at your username :lol
5ZV2YhM.gif

^ Very nice. Love the top one.

thanks! it's fun changing up the lighting with these figures

Wow! That black outfit on BW looking sweeeeeeeet! :yess:

^^^catWidow.....meeeeeeeeeeow! :yess:

:lol

:yess:

Amazing :clap

Also lol at your username :lol
5ZV2YhM.gif

some times i wish i was white so i could look better in a batman costume. truth

Great pics, really like this one! :clap

cheers! i appreciate it thank u

Awesome pics, everyone! :clap

While I love the resurgence this figure has been getting, it's also unfortunately breaking my will to not get a Black Widow (though I came fairly close to buying one earlier this week until reason kicked back in). I've waffled on buying a TWS or AoU version for months now, and if not for the easily wrinkled suit (and the AoU version's cool Tron look), this is the version that I'd like to get most. The main thing holding me back (aside from space issues) is that I'm not overly fond of Black Widow (or Scarlett), so I'd rather keep space free for characters I like more. That said, I really do like this figure and still keep checking ebay for deals on it.

it's also unfortunately breaking my will to not get a Black Widow (though I came fairly close to buying one earlier this week until reason kicked back in). I've waffled on buying a TWS or AoU version for months now, and if not for the easily wrinkled suit (and the AoU version's cool Tron look), this is the version that I'd like to get most.

What wrinkle issue? This forum is fantastic, but the search engine kinda lacks big time. You search and just get a 600+ page thread.... [EDIT: Just figured out that you have to click the left hand tab to get the "show posts" option.....never mind :) :eek:]

Anyways, I'm not a huge BW 'fan' either per say, but I like the character in the movie. The figure is outstanding. Looks so dang cool.

What wrinkle issue? This forum is fantastic, but the search engine kinda lacks big time. You search and just get a 600+ page thread.... [EDIT: Just figured out that you have to click the left hand tab to get the "show posts" option.....never mind :) :eek:]

Anyways, I'm not a huge BW 'fan' either per say, but I like the character in the movie. The figure is outstanding. Looks so dang cool.

If you leave the elbows/knees/shoulders bent for extended periods, the wrinkles/creases in the suit at the joints will become permanent. On other figures with stretchy outfits (Selina Kyle, Spidey), the creases will eventually go away. If you keep a figure in a museum pose (or only one pose), that's not a problem. But I like to tinker with dynamic poses, so the creasing on the suit would bother me over time (or limit the poses I'd feel comfortable pulling off). The two newer BW figures don't have this issue- TWS has a fabric suit, and AoU's stretchy suit seems to be holding up so far- which was why I was considering them in place of this one.

If you leave the elbows/knees/shoulders bent for extended periods, the wrinkles/creases in the suit at the joints will become permanent. On other figures with stretchy outfits (Selina Kyle, Spidey), the creases will eventually go away. If you keep a figure in a museum pose (or only one pose), that's not a problem. But I like to tinker with dynamic poses, so the creasing on the suit would bother me over time (or limit the poses I'd feel comfortable pulling off). The two newer BW figures don't have this issue- TWS has a fabric suit, and AoU's stretchy suit seems to be holding up so far- which was why I was considering them in place of this one.

Got it, thanks. Real leather does this, so it's really just an issue with what the suit is made of. But it looks killer, so I'd take that trade off. I'll be interested to see what mine looks like say after a year....

Back