Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Widow has inspired me to draw her many times! I just love this figure.

(Credit to original DeviantArt user for the drawing on the far left, used as reference)

Guys I need your opinion. I'm thinking of whether to get the Avengers Widow at retail now or wait till the Winter Soldier version. What do you think?
What can be changed from the current version to make it better?

I mean the Dark World Thor just blows all other Thor away.

Guys I need your opinion. I'm thinking of whether to get the Avengers Widow at retail now or wait till the Winter Soldier version. What do you think?

The likeness could stand to be improved, and they could give her more weapons, but apart from that the Avengers version is a pretty great Widow to have. Unless you're in a hurry, I say wait until they release the first pics of Winter Soldier Widow before making a decision.

My only fear is if they go for rooted hair at that Winter Soldier length is gonna look weird

It's obvious when the next BW comes out, they'll get the sculpt down even better.

I'll just buy the HS...

...and maybe the sniper rifle.

You would be correct.

GG10626.jpg

This could be epic.

You should wait. One thing that would be better is NO HAIR SPRAY!

Though there are many completists here on the forums (I have leanings that way on certain things), there will be people who will want to trade up for the newer figure. There will be nothing wrong with them and they'll be complete and practically mint, the owner'll just want the trade up to the newer model...

...that might be the time to secure a nice Widow-shaped bargain.

If you can get the Avengers version for a good price and you can afford it, I say go for it! Then when the WS version is out, get that too. Nothing wrong with having two versions of Widow.

The more Scar..the better

If you like both outfits, I also say get both! Especially if you can still find TA versions at normal retail. She is a great toy! :lecture

BLACK WIDOW - THE AVENGERS

BLACK%2520WIDOW%2520353.JPG

BLACK%2520WIDOW%2520336.JPG

BLACK%2520WIDOW%2520241.JPG

BLACK%2520WIDOW%2520389.JPG

BLACK%2520WIDOW%2520452.JPG

BLACK%2520WIDOW%2520277.JPG

BLACK%2520WIDOW%2520169.JPG

FULL GALLERY:

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/BLACKWIDOWTHEAVENGERS

Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Col...

Thanks guys. That didn't cross my mind: why settle for one when you can have two!

I swear some of you are on Hot Toys' payroll lol

i think i will stick with my widow from avengers and miss out on the winter soldier version, just cause from winter soldier i will get all the cap's, winter soldier and falcon then the GOTG line up so save a bit of dough for then

Re: Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Col...

This straight hair WS version is more fitting for dolly hair than the Avengers version. The straight hair look works for rooted hair alla Selina or Babydoll. In retrospect I wish that they went with sculpted for this version.

Thanks guys. That didn't cross my mind: why settle for one when you can have two!

I swear some of you are on Hot Toys' payroll lol

We're all addicted. You're asking the wrong people for good advice :lol

Seriously though, if you could grab a Widow for retail then that's a no brainer. I'm extremely shocked that you could now but there won't be a shot in hell to even come close to that price if you wait any longer.

If you don't want both buy the time the WS one hits our doorstep (that could be over a year), I'm sure you could more than get your money back by selling the Avengers one if you keep it in good condition

Back