Hope for a Gothmog?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else suspect/hope that we'll get a Gothmog figure at some point in the future? For those of you who don't know, Gothmog is the Orc Commander from the Pelennor Fields in ROTK, the deformed one that PJ wanted to look like he had elephantiasis. While I'm certain there's a wide range of possibilities for a Premium Format figure, I doubt that since we already have Lurtz in that format that they'd do Gothmog. I'm holding out hope for a 12" figure. There's just so much possibility here, and it's without a doubt a figure I could see Sideshow doing. Any thoughts?

Scar said:
Anyone else suspect/hope that we'll get a Gothmog figure at some point in the future? For those of you who don't know, Gothmog is the Orc Commander from the Pelennor Fields in ROTK, the deformed one that PJ wanted to look like he had elephantiasis. While I'm certain there's a wide range of possibilities for a Premium Format figure, I doubt that since we already have Lurtz in that format that they'd do Gothmog. I'm holding out hope for a 12" figure. There's just so much possibility here, and it's without a doubt a figure I could see Sideshow doing. Any thoughts?

With how bad the SSW piece sold, I'd be surprised. You can find the Gothmog on Warg piece for at least half of retail a lot of places.

I'd pass. I'd love to get a Mordor Orc or 2 but he's way too specific. I'm wanting more generic Orcs that I can display being slaughtered by Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas. Having said that, if this was the only Orc we got I'd probably go ahead and get him...but I'd be pretty bummed about it.

What I'd rather have is an Uruk-Hai commander at Helms Deep with all his possible variants! Can you imagine a mine trapper, or berserker, or crossbow, or pikesman?? That would rock with all the different helm variations!

He's such a huge part of ROTK I don't see how they would skip him. You can't compare the WETA stuff with 12" while the character itself may not sell like hot cakes, the WETA stuff was really pricey, I know that I looked at a lot of pieces and said "I like him/her but not that much", I'm sure other collectors did the same. I think he'll be made and I think it'll be a high selling figure because of its uniqueness...

I wasn't a fan of the SSW piece. I passed on it once I saw the likeness of Gothmog up close. The Toybiz likeness was lightyears beyond the SSW piece in terms of detail, in my opinion. I believe Sideshow could do a spectacular job on this character, vastly surpassing the Toybiz toy company in terms of quality, and I sincerely hope they go through with it.

I agree about the Uruk commander! It would be nice to see different captain helm variations. There are so many possibilities, and I've always been fond of the lone, helmless Uruk that stood atop the rock and let loose the battle cry for Saruman's army to attack at Helm's Deep. He had a very minor role, but a badass time to shine, nonetheless.

denger4000 said:
Gothmog rules! I'd buy him in a second.

That sums it up for me as well.

Gothmog is my favorite LOTR baddie -- bring him on! He'd look awesome, armor and fur, twisted and snarling...

Release the prisoners!

I would pick up a Gothmog as well.

I definitely want a variety of orcs released as well. If this line ever gets moving at a decent rate, I can see them eventually giving us the following orcs/uruks in 12":

Lurtz
Moria Goblin Archer
Moria Goblin swordsman (which ****roach armor)
Skully
Gothmog
Grishnnak
Berserker
Uruk Commander
Ugluk

Darth Loki said:
With how bad the SSW piece sold, I'd be surprised. You can find the Gothmog on Warg piece for at least half of retail a lot of places.
I think the reason the weta Gothmog goes for cheap is more due to the edition size than him not being popular. If he had an ES of around 2000, he would probably have increased in value.

I'm pretty content with my SSW Gothmog/Warg piece. Would rather spend my $$ on getting some other characters instead that haven't been done.....Denethor, Eowyn (in her white Rohan dress), Eomer, Haldir (in Helms Deep armor), Elrond (in his Rivendell robes). Of course, these AFTER the Fellowship.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat also.

In fact, I'd buy any Orc or Urk. :monkey5

How about a 1:6 Warg also. :D Star Wars got Jabba. LOTR can have a 1:6 Warg.

Wor-Gar said:
That sums it up for me as well.

Gothmog is my favorite LOTR baddie -- bring him on! He'd look awesome, armor and fur, twisted and snarling...

Release the prisoners!

My thoughts exactly! The scale-mail armor, grey fur strapped to his back, and the outrageous growths make for an awesome character and potential figure. I'm sincerely hoping this is in our future.

I would love one. He's is actually one of my fav characters from the movies. A Warg would be nice too.

So will the exclusive item for Gothmog (if there is a 12" figure of him) be his spit on the rock?? :lol

Back