Holy Crap!! Cheap Jabba!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally understand guys. This is just my POV so I apologize if I stepped on any toes. I'm just not patient enough 2 wait. :lol

yep i've started waiting....right now I'm putting off Maul and Boba PF's....when I find a fair price I'll get them. I should be able to get Boba PF with my reward points in a month or so. I put off Mace and Kit way back when and need to pick them up now since they have about leveled off.

I totally understand guys. This is just my POV so I apologize if I stepped on any toes. I'm just not patient enough 2 wait. :lol

Not stepping on my toes, I am just offering my opinion as well. No harm done. I'm not very patient either (I am keeping my Old Obi on order for sure) but for some of these "2nd level" characters I think I can wait.

You know....seeing the prices on these really has me rethinking ordering directly from SS anymore. Very few pieces are holding their value. Marvel, The Dead line and maybe a few others are holding or going up in value, but just about anything else crashes and burns.

Why pay $120 for something you can pick up for $75 later w/o the plastic cup exclusive.

I am usually a "muist have it ASAP" guy who does not like to wait for price drops, but it's getting ridiculous. Picking up a $250 PF a year later for $100 ( Luke ) is just heartbreaking after paying full price for it.
This trend resulted in me putting off getting the plain Endor Soldier and Plo Koon, though the total amount of tasty Hot Toys and Medicom releases also had something to do with that.

I couldn't have waited on Jabba. The throne room set-up in 1:6 is one of my all-time toy fantasies, so I had to have it as soon as possible. I'll be getting all Jabba's palace-related releases directly from Sideshow; I'm going ahead with getting Boushh directly.

Maybe I spent too much time in retail, dealing with profit margins and such or maybe I'm just cheap when it comes to myself (since I spend ungodly amounts on my kids toys) but I have a hard time spending more than $50 shipped for a toy. It is after all, a hunk of plastic, with a tiny piece of fabric. For me a price difference of $5 for an exclusive isn't a question, but when the price difference is $20, unless its one hell of an exclusive, I can live without it. Either way SSC doesn't seem to have a problem selling them out, but only time will tell.

I could care less what they are worth in the future but if I can either get it now for $60 or wait a bit and get it for $40 I think I am going to have to start to wait. I realized that Asajj would be $67 total for a plain sculpt, plain costume and no accessories..... YIKES.

Pricing aside, I can't believe you're calling Assajj costume plain! Its got a lot of detailed stitching.

I gotta agree. Assajj is very detailed and will be one of the best figures released in the SW line so far.

I'm not saying she's not a great figure. I am on the waitlist for the exclusive because I think the extra head is cool enough to get. It may have a lot of stitching but in my eyes its still a very basic costume... not like Boussh or the troopers where there are a lot of different parts to it. And if I do get her I will sacrifice some others (Boushh, Bobo) and get them cheaper later to make up for spending that much on Asajj.

I don't know why but recently the thought of spending $67 each on these is just causing me to freak out a little (especialy when I can get them for a lot less if I wait a month.) I can only imagine what people outside the US think when they have to pay $80 - $100 each for these because of the shipping.... yuck.

Last edited:
Pix, don't give in to the peer pressure side of the Force. Cheap Jabba leads to expensive throne, expensive throne leads to accesories, accesories lead to more spending, spending leads to the wife not being happy,wife not being happy leads to headaches!!! (Trust me, I've been there!)

On a serious note, I'm with you...No Cheap Throne =No Cheap Jabba . I can wait!

I have given in my fellow freaks... For a a trade of a Venom bust and $37... I will soon have Jabba. :rock :rock :rock

NOw I's gotz t'find a cheap throne. :dunno

That's a nice deal. I'm sitting on a $75 GC if I needed Jabba I could get him. I'd like them to put Boushh Leia up for GC Eligibility.

I have given in my fellow freaks... For a a trade of a Venom bust and $37... I will soon have Jabba. :rock :rock :rock

NOw I's gotz t'find a cheap throne. :dunno

Welcome to the Jabba club pix!!! I'm telling you, once you get him, you'll probably smack yourself thinking "why didn't I get him sooner". He takes up space, and he is expensive, but he's also once of the nicest Star Wars collectibles I've ever seen and definitely one of my absolute favorites.

Back