Hollywood's Customs Update 3/8/13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hollywood's Customs

Update: I removed one strip on each shoulder making the shoulder tubing thinner like in the film. I didn't relize I made them so thick. He looks better now.

Re: Hollywood's Customs

Nice work Hollywood! I love this guy. The Hasbro headsculpt is a good one. Every time I see one I think of the Crockers in the Cantina.

Re: Hollywood's Customs Update Last Page

This is my latest...

Zuckuss

I repainted 95% of the head, repainted the armor, rifle, added a scarf, painted additional details, and added shimmer to the costume. The silver streaks you see we're on the original figure....sorry.

I based the figure colors on the costume from Lucas Archives, some screen grabs, and. Not the action figure.

Enjoy!

image_zps20dfbbfd.jpg

image_zpsd8daff25.jpg

image_zps10a64c0e.jpg

image_zps6474d0d9.jpg

image_zps752159d6.jpg

Re: Hollywood's Customs Update Luke ESB Last Page

Ok.......here is the custom Luke ESB I have been working on. The jacket is in the process of drying, but for now here he is. Your thoughts?

dan1_zps4d543895.jpg

dan2_zpsc78e7c77.jpg

dan3_zps128b42bd.jpg

dan4_zps0cb8aa08.jpg

dan5_zpsfc84f543.jpg

Looks good so far , is that a hasbro white vest , if so would recomend either modding it to make it narrower and shorter or to contact spider for one of his.
will make a word of difference to the overall look.

Love the subtle weathering

Looks good so far , is that a hasbro white vest , if so would recomend either modding it to make it narrower and shorter or to contact spider for one of his.
will make a word of difference to the overall look.

Love the subtle weathering

Thanks for the compliment!

Yes its a Hasbro. I thought about trimming it, but until I am done with the jacket I will not chance the width.

Great job. My Luke should be arriving this week.
Question. I heard that the helmets don't fit Luke's head that well. Have you found that to be the case? I heard once the helmet goes on then it doesn't come off.

Great job. My Luke should be arriving this week.
Question. I heard that the helmets don't fit Luke's head that well. Have you found that to be the case? I heard once the helmet goes on then it doesn't come off.

Well......funny you should ask me that. I just posted the same question, and just got a reply from a member who did have Luke wearing his helmet.

Last night I was trying everything to get that helmet on Lukes head. I removed the hair, I lubbed the sides of the head, I tried for an hour to get the helmet on. The only possible way to get the helmet on is to dremel out some of the sides of the helmet, remove lukes hair and slip it on. The helmet I am told breaks in two very easily, but if it does just super glue it back.

I have decided that the helmet will stay off on my version of Luke. I don't want to damage either the figure head or Tomy helmet just to have him wearing it. I have the knit head cover for under the helmet that Luke wears ready to go, but now I will simply use it for my Dengar custom that I started today.

The Tomy helmet comes apart down the middle. If you remove Luke's hair and then place the helmet around the head it will fit.

DSC068731000x729.jpg

You need to put something on top of the head to get it to sit high enough but it looks good when finished.

Looking forward to seeing your Dengar. :)

What about the visor when its apart? Also the split down the center would need to "break" in order to squeeze his head in. Am I wrong, because that is what was happening when I was trying last night.

of course with no hair, and I had the cloth cover thingy on too.

What about the visor when its apart? Also the split down the center would need to "break" in order to squeeze his head in. Am I wrong, because that is what was happening when I was trying last night.

of course with no hair, and I had the cloth cover thingy on too.

I just take the visor off and then place it back in as I am putting the helmet back together. Its kinda tricky, but you can get it to work.

Yes, the helmet would have to come apart into two pieces. You can see in my pic above that I didnt really totally put it back together, but it will. Mine will snap back together. Not sure if I got lucky when I took mine apart.

Last night I was trying everything to get that helmet on Lukes head. I removed the hair, I lubbed the sides of the head, I tried for an hour to get the helmet on.

Chakaman and Hollywood. Thanks for the answers. i feel better about pursuing this outfit. Luke arrived today!!!!:panic::yess::clap:rotfl:lol

That quote above made me laugh. Seriously, great job as always Hollywood.

Chakaman and Hollywood. Thanks for the answers. i feel better about pursuing this outfit. Luke arrived today!!!!:panic::yess::clap:rotfl:lol

That quote above made me laugh. Seriously, great job as always Hollywood.

No problem, best of luck and be sure to post some photos.

Thanks again Chris!

No problem, I hope I didnt confuse you. If you screw it up/break the helmet let me know, I can send you another one.

Here is a ROUGH start to my custom Dengar. As you can see the turban is a bit "fat" right now, so I will have to thin it out a bit. Once that is done, below is all that is left:

1. I still need to trim down the turban, weather it, and add the brass buttons along the neck piece.
2. Finish painting/ weathering the armor parts
3. Repaint the moccasins.
4. Cut the in-between each finger to separate them, add the cloth gloves, weather the gloves.
5. Repaint the MG-34 machine gun, and add the gauze strips.
6. Repaint the gun/holster, glue it to the leg armor
7. Add the web belt around the armor, and the bread bag

468f73c4-3bfd-4177-8e03-4321a236b7cd_zps19be83fa.jpg

Back