Hollywood Collectibles Group THE DARK KNIGHT 1:1 SCALE BATMAN BUST Pre-Order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I saved it all but not sure if i could salvage it. Here's a pic of the head after I destroyed it. I shouldve taken out the mouth and eyes to make an empty cowl to go with my Toynami Batman Returns cowl.

I have to take my hat off to HCG as their customer service was great. The replacement head was shipped the next business day.

c4113bad.jpg

Damn, I'd totally buy that off you!

There's no button on the back you push to have him say "Where's Rachel!"

This piece is great. I have got the HCG Joker, HCG Batman Ex and the Sideshow Batman 1:1. (IMO) The Batman 1:1 of Sideshow is better, since it is the comic version and it will be of value in the future. It is a timeless piece.......it is the comic version........! Please keep in mind!!

This piece is great. I have got the HCG Joker, HCG Batman Ex and the Sideshow Batman 1:1. (IMO) The Batman 1:1 of Sideshow is better, since it is the comic version and it will be of value in the future. It is a timeless piece.......it is the comic version........! Please keep in mind!!

It's a lazy attempt by Sideshow. It's a simple sculpt with a simple paint application (which they couldn't get right the 1st time) and with no cape.

There will be another 1:1 bust by SSC in a few years.

HCG is far more detailed in the sculpt, two switch out heads w/ exclusive and comes with a cape.

Ok, let me be fair. You are right about the paintjob but not about the scupt. It is ALWAYS the same. The sculpt is amazing but the paintjob could be better. PLEASE don't get me wrong, both pieces are great, I own them. But please keep in mind the comic version will be forever. I love to share this hobby with people like you!!

Ok, let me be fair. You are right about the paintjob but not about the scupt. It is ALWAYS the same. The sculpt is amazing but the paintjob could be better. PLEASE don't get me wrong, both pieces are great, I own them. But please keep in mind the comic version will be forever. I love to share this hobby with people like you!!

I had the SS bust, but the placement of the eyes and the oddly shaped forehead were a dealbreaker for me even more than the paint apps. I sent it back, hopeful that SS will produce another one down the road that is better proportioned.

I am doubtful that we will ever see a better Bale Batman bust than this, so this one is a keeper for me. I may buy the head Bobby is working on, but am considering adding glass eyes to mine, looking slightly to one side.

batbustb.jpg

I had the SS bust, but the placement of the eyes and the oddly shaped forehead were a dealbreaker for me even more than the paint apps. I sent it back, hopeful that SS will produce another one down the road that is better proportioned.

I think Bobby's replacement head will make this even better! Better eyes, eyelashes, etc!

Hi Guys
I will snap some shots today, just of the neck, trust me it is a dramatiic difference .
I will explain more with the post.
Thanks

This must come with the voice! That would make this piece, lol sorry, bad joke, but the voice he makes is ridiculous and funny to me.

I love this bust as well as the Joker but, what a re they made out of and is it worth the price. Idk why but, im a big fan of PS i dont really like the cheap feel kinda like the Venom bust Sideshow did. Call me :cuckoo: but i just like a little weight to my statue and bust.

It's resin and approximately 35-40 lbs. Got some real heft.

As many of you know, I teach Illustration and Graphic Design at a large university. Using Bobby's Batman and Joker as reference, this piece is an in-class demo of the pen tool and blob brush in Adobe Illustrator:

image.jpg

This was done over four 2.5 hour class meetings, projected onto a large screen while the rest of the class worked on their pen tool projects. No live trace was used.

Last edited:
Back