Hobbit bodies and parts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but BBTS now has a soft Toybiz Gimli available as well as most of the entire Toybiz line available. Not great prices, but not too terrible.

I'm planning on using my current Frodo and Sam as the fodder for this custom, I think 6 months, 1 year from now when our own feeding frenzy is over, they will be easy and cheap to find on ebay or the forum FS threads.

I see your point and counter with the fact that the remaining Hobbits on Sideshow's site, the ones in these forums (not ridiculously priced) and the ones that keep popping up on ebaY went toward these customs (can't prove it, but the timing can't just be coincidence). That said, if you don't pick them up now, I'd bet they won't be easy or cheap later on, but scarce and pricey. But then, you're probably just gonna sell them off when you're done anyway. :p

Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but BBTS now has a soft Toybiz Gimli available as well as most of the entire Toybiz line available. Not great prices, but not too terrible.

Thanks alot

I picked up a few of the Toybiz ones I didnt have already and I got a Gandalf the White roto so that I can make a custom with the DID version eventually.

I see your point and counter with the fact that the remaining Hobbits on Sideshow's site, the ones in these forums (not ridiculously priced) and the ones that keep popping up on ebaY went toward these customs (can't prove it, but the timing can't just be coincidence). That said, if you don't pick them up now, I'd bet they won't be easy or cheap later on, but scarce and pricey. But then, you're probably just gonna sell them off when you're done anyway. :p

I give credit to this group for increased demand, but when most of you are finished buying the fodder for Merry and Pippin, then demand will be down.

Sure supply will be down too, but only a mere percentage. What I'm trying to say is that while the customs are being done, demand outweighs supply, but once thats over, there will hardly be any demand. Thats when I plan on buying.

Sure supply will be down too, but only a mere percentage. What I'm trying to say is that while the customs are being done, demand outweighs supply, but once thats over, there will hardly be any demand. Thats when I plan on buying.

That scenario would only work if that supply was being continually produced, which it isn't.

No. Nam makes stupid jokes. I've never sold a 12" figure and don't have any intentions to at this time. Honestly, I kinda resented the attempt at humor because it made it seem I had intentions to capitalize on the work you'll put into the clothing and the efforts Dave is doing getting the headsculpts. Was hoping no one took the wrong idea from his joke. I should have replied earlier.

Last edited:
That scenario would only work if that supply was being continually produced, which it isn't.

The scenario is based off current demand vs current supply. Not total demand vs total supply.

My theory is essentially that the # of open ebay sales in 6 months will be equal to or more than the current open sales.

I won't have to compete with you guys because you will have your figures already.

I really don't care if you believe my theory.

The scenario is based off current demand vs current supply. Not total demand vs total supply.

My theory is essentially that the # of open ebay sales in 6 months will be equal to or more than the current open sales.

I won't have to compete with you guys because you will have your figures already.

I really don't care if you believe my theory.

I would think that the demand would go up after we're done with our customs and start posting them in the main forum. Once the secret project is revealed to the general population and people realize that they too can have a complete Fellowship with Merry and Pippin, I believe the demand for the hobbit bodies (and the others) will go up and won't come down for long while. Remember, that we're a relatively small group here, and we're determined to see the Fellowship complete. We're not going to dry up the hobbit body pool by ourselves. But I guarantee you that the first guy or gal to post his or her Merry and Pippin customs in the general forum, the feeding frenzy will be on. And we're not the only 1/6 scale forum that these will be seen on. You might very well find yourself regretting not snatching these up while you can. I can't imagine how anyone could have passed up the $35 Frodo and Sam figures that were for sale here recently (if you have not yet acquired them). Since Bilbo and Gimli have been revealed, it's no secret that great LOTR customs are possible. But we've also seen a significant price increase of the bodies needed to build these customs, and current prices have been fairly stable. Perhaps the current state of the economy will keep the prices of hobbit bodies reasonable as people are less inclined to spend money on luxury items, but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:
I just heard back from Sideshow about Frodo's jacket. I can get it for $9.29 shipped. I told them to go ahead and send it.

Just need one more Frodo. :)

Glad to hear they're sending you one, Ween, although they charged you for it. I am almost done with acquiring all of my hobbit parts. The only thing I need is another Sam shirt which should be on its way.

I finally found another Frodo. Well I will now have 3 exclusive Frodos. Got one off ebay for like $67 shipped. Wish I could have got another cheaper but I will have other options to display an extra Frodo and Sam.

Back