Hit by a car

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a thread a few months ago when I was sat on a bench and a car nearly completely crushed me and I just managed to jump out the way in time. The guys in the car drove off also. It's a weird feeling when something like that happens , hope you're ok man !.

Never been hit by a car but in 7th-8th grade me and a friend were walking down the road and this guy drove so close that he actually ran over the side of my shoe, missing my foot.

We then flipped him off and he turned the car around and started chasing us. :lol

We hid behind a shed.

Haha my grandpa drove over my foot (with shoe) when I was a kid, nothing was broke though. It doesn't hurt as bad as you think it would.

I did get into a head on collision once because a driver ran a red light. Luckily I wasnt hurt bad but I did have a concussion and felt weird for like a week. I remember it seemed to happen in slow motion, I also remember jumping out of my totaled car as fast as possible to prove to myself that i was still alive. At which point crowd of onlookers came to my aid and forced me to lay down and wait for paramedics

I was hit by a car on my 17th birthday. I was crossing at the lights in the city centre and a car went straight through a red light. I went up and over the car roof and off the side. Driver took off, nobody got a number but I was ok bar some severe bruises to my arm and shoulder. Not a nice feeling at all.

I've been hit by cars 3 times while riding my bike. nothing serious, 2 of them were not even hard or anything but one of them was coming out of high school I was hit by a teacher and i fell on the ground and hit my head.

I was too scared and naive I didn't do anything about it, a teacher hitting a student on school grounds could have been pretty serious but I just stood up and left.

The other times I was going to cross the street while the light was in red and the cars were going to turn right and hit me. But I didn't fall or anything.
Still it really scares you. I stopped crossing roads riding the bike, now I just get off the bike and cross the road walking.

stoopid lamp posts. :mad:

funny-motorcycle-accident.gif

police-car-crash.gif

Typical Toronto... :slap :lol

Hope you're feeling better man and if you remember the cab company then press charges for damages.

Gosh! I feel for you...

Car didn't hit me...it was actually a parked car. I was biking and he opened his door. You know what happened... Luckily his car did not have frames on his window...and his window was rolled down. So my bike stopped there while I flew about 10~15 ft.

I should've reported it at the time but was a little too dazed and confused to do anything. Small concussion and a bit of a brain injury after being hit by a car seems like a good enough deal to me, better than having anything broken or permanently destroyed.

Crazy stories happening from everyone here too though, pretty insane ****. I filed a police report, they showed up to my house and basically told me I wasted their time, having no information. Sorry officer, I was too busy being HIT BY A CAR to get his information.

Anyone else ever experience this? I was biking at night on a "quiet" street (for Toronto, I guess a few cars is quiet). A taxi hit me from behind and left me there. No permanent injuries but my brain slopped against my skull a bit so I've been stuck in bed for a few days with mind, temporary brain 'damage'.

Very weird feeling knowing you've been hit by a car, has it happened to you?

Yeah, that sounds like a concussion you experienced. All the brain has to do to be concussed is to hit the inside of the skull. There is space between the brain and inner skull. Even whiplashes can cause concussions. I hope not. I am so sorry that happened. Wish motorists are more defensive and aware than some of them actually are. It's scary riding a bike on the street. Sidewalks are safer. I been hit by a car on a bike, and so has my mother. She was in the right. I was in the wrong when it happened to me, and was also 14. My mother had a hit and run.... love those ones (sarcasm is the spice of life!). Would have been nice to see the ******* who hit my mom.. then again, maybe not.

Anyway, I hope for a speedy recovery.

I had three concussions my senior year from football. Probably have had 5 from 97 to 1999. You were considered a girl back then if you didnt play through it. Every single time something hits my head NOW I get a headache and I feel like I forget things pretty often. You better take it easy for a week or two.

Back