Hip Hop/Rap thread?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing this video once when I was like 15 and never saw it again. The album never got released and I forgot about it. All I could remember that the rapper was a red headed guy with a beard that sounded like he had mental issues. I did remember he was signed to Jive so I checked their list of former artists on the wikipedia and found it: Crustified Dibbs!

Wow. :lol

oh man these video brings back memories (kept staying late trying to record it)

Finally, a hip hop thread. Thank you, sir.

Top 10 of all time? Ok let's go...

1. Kanye west (I'll get raped for this I know)
2. 2pac
3. Eminem
4. Drake (another one I'll get raped for)
5. Lil Wayne
6. ll cool J (I'll argue this np)
7. Biggy
8. Ace Hood (he's newish but a lyrical beast)
9. Jay Z
10. 50 cent (considering how he changed the hip hop game when he was introduced).

This list is compiled with people that I believe truly changed the game in one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are my top ten MCs, lyricist, rappers, they're either dead or old:

1. The Notorious BIG
  2. Tupac
  3. Kanye West
  4. Q-Tip
  5. Common
  6. Mos Def
  7. Dr. Dre
  8. Snoop Dogg
  9. Busta Rhymes
  10. Lauryn Hill

Top ten:

Snoop Dogg/DPG
Three 6 Mafia
Tupac
Notorious BIG
Lil Wayne
Jay-Z
Nas
Wu-tang Clan
DMX
Drake

Honorable Mentions:
Dr. Dre,Statik Selector,Ace Hood,Big Krit,Wiz Khalifa,Schoolboy Q,Tyler the Creator,2 Chains,Scarface,Bone Thugs,Big Tymers,Juvenile,Master P,Bootzie,Freddie Gibbs,Run the Jewels,Young Jeezy,Nicki Manaj,Gangsta Boo,lost goes on and on........

Last edited:
Top ten:

Snoop Dogg/DPG
Three 6 Mafia
Tupac
Notorious BIG
Lil Wayne
Jay-Z
Nas
Wu-tang Clan
DMX
Drake

Honorable Mentions:
Dr. Dre,Statik Selector,Ace Hood,Big Krit,Wiz Khalifa,Schoolboy Q,Tyler the Creator,2 Chains,Scarface,Bone Thugs,Big Tymers,Juvenile,Master P,Bootzie,Freddie Gibbs,Run the Jewels,Young Jeezy,Nicki Manaj,Gangsta Boo,lost goes on and on........

Great mentions.

Nicki Minaj is pretty sick. Her new (?) single truffle butter is pretty slick.

here is one problem i have with hip hop,
I really like hip hop that is aggressive or creepy sounding , like if it was meant for a horror movie, I have only come across a handful of songs that are this way... just a handful really.

I would be the biggest Hip Hop fan in the world if I was able to find more music like this. Even when I try to google it I cant ever find anything like that. Why is that?

Anyone know of any other songs that have this style? I just wish I could find more of this.... creepy, weird, or aggressive, twisted, rough never had any luck... i want more

Don't think I can name just 10, heres a few and in no order whatsoever:

Tupac.
Dr Dre.
LL Cool J.
Foxy Brown.
Eminem.
Notorious B.
MC Lyte.
Lauren Hill.
Busta.
Wu Tang.
Nelly.
Fiddy cent.
Missy Elliott.
T.I
Public Enemy.
Nas.
Jay Z.
DMX.

Honorary mention cos Ima Ms Jackson

...to name a few
x :duff

Last edited:
here is one problem i have with hip hop,
I really like hip hop that is aggressive or creepy sounding , like if it was meant for a horror movie, I have only come across a handful of songs that are this way... just a handful really.

I would be the biggest Hip Hop fan in the world if I was able to find more music like this. Even when I try to google it I cant ever find anything like that. Why is that?

Anyone know of any other songs that have this style? I just wish I could find more of this.... creepy, weird, or aggressive, twisted, rough never had any luck... i want more

They didn't last long but there is Gravediggaz

does this count as hip hop? i realize the only hip hop i like is when it has cinematic style soundtrack. (violins, guitars, keyboards, ) i like how the music goes with the voice

i guess that explains why i never became a full hip hop fan, the kind of hip hop i would love to listen to doesnt really exist. (outside of rap metal that is :lol)

just like this, i love this, but never found anything else like it..... :(
the only artist i ever found to have that kind of melodic, cinematic style music is Eminem, i love his first 3 cds.

Back