HEROCROSS Hybrid Metal Stormtrooper Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This PO sold out at a few places and looks like selling out fast every other place. Not a good sign that they'll come down below MSRP.

Exactly what I was thinking. Does it have an edition size?

BTW it seems there will be a black version as well, some limited edition to 500 to the Asian market or something. Not for me but still...

The pegs I think we're for the extra hands but now m trying to remember if the pegs were too thick for them or not on my batman version...will double check with my stormtrooper when I get the chance later tonight

Stormtrooper by Herocross - Hybrid Metal Figuration #005:

herocrosshybridmetalfig.jpg

Disappointed in this figure. I've only just got it in hand, but it seems very limited in its articulation. Some of the poses in the promo pics I've found impossible to achieve, ie any pose where both hands grasp the blaster - thanks to elbow articulation being restricted by pvc armor and the the hands popping off so easily. I bought this on a whim, kinda regret it now.

Disappointed in this figure. I've only just got it in hand, but it seems very limited in its articulation. Some of the poses in the promo pics I've found impossible to achieve, ie any pose where both hands grasp the blaster - thanks to elbow articulation being restricted by pvc armor and the the hands popping off so easily. I bought this on a whim, kinda regret it now.

I got mine 2 days ago and agree 100% that the articulation is very limited and the promo poses are not possible. I have the exact same problem with hands coming off and arms not bending enough trying to double grip the blaster. It can be done, but doesn't look as good as the pics. The PVC armor pieces don't have the same sharp detail as the promo pics either and the leg articulation (where they join the hips) doesn't match the promo pics.

Putting that aside, he does look pretty cool once posed and on the shelf. Probably worth half the price I paid.

IMG_0361_zps7c374ae2.jpg

IMG_0363_zps5873d1f5.jpg

IMG_0360_zps26ebaa53.jpg

IMG_0356_zps67604984.jpg

Since I got it in a trade for an item I didn't want anymore, I think it was a good deal for me. Do I like this Hybrid Stormie? YES. Is it perfect? No. Would I pay big money for these? NO! A reason I passed on the Medicom VCD Stormie, which was also way overpriced for what it really was. At least this one can be posed and original price is way under $100.

No probs, us Aussies gotta help each other out.

Turned out the upper arm armor was impeding the elbow joint - I put some heat onto it and pushed it further up the arm and now I can get him holding the blaster with two hands. Just. Bit happier about this figure now, funny how these things make a difference to your enjoyment of them.

Turned out the upper arm armor was impeding the elbow joint - I put some heat onto it and pushed it further up the arm and now I can get him holding the blaster with two hands. Just. Bit happier about this figure now, funny how these things make a difference to your enjoyment of them.

:clap:clap:clap

Totally agree. And having his shoulder popped up with the barrel facing down makes the pose look a little meaner.

got one of these from AmiAmi last week, not very impressed with it at all, especially not with the holster breaking off as soon as i tried posing the legs! Time to crack out the super glue.

Hey jkno, how did you mod the hip?
Mine are as loose as f*%#
I tried tightening the screws but it made no difference, I didn't want to over tighten for fear of striping the threads and making it worse!
Cheers
Darth.

Hey jkno, how did you mod the hip?
Mine are as loose as f*%#
I tried tightening the screws but it made no difference, I didn't want to over tighten for fear of striping the threads and making it worse!
Cheers
Darth.

A bit of superglue carefully put on the hip joint and then let it dry by slowly moving that joint up and down - do not let it dry unless you continuous move the joint. I learned about this on RPF and does wonders if you act carefully. Then clean up the small white residue that might occur and you are done.

Back