Help! Stuck hip on Hot toys slim body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,

I picked up an Ichabod Crane body from Toy Anxiety and the right hip joint is stuck. I can raise and lower the leg, rotate the thigh, but I can't move it out to the side at all (like when doing the splits). It feels as if it will snap if I put any more pressure on it. I tried heating the joint and even freezing it, but neither helped.

I tried to open the pelvis, but it seems stuck fast even with the two screws on the butt removed. Is there something else you need to do to open it?

I don't think I've ever opened one of those, but on narrow shoulders, the pelvis is often glued and you have to crack it open with a screwdriver. If you're afraid, you can also buy nail polish remover without acetone and bathe it in it for a few hours. It will dissolve the glue without melting the plastic.

I don't think I've ever opened one of those, but on narrow shoulders, the pelvis is often glued and you have to crack it open with a screwdriver. If you're afraid, you can also buy nail polish remover without acetone and bathe it in it for a few hours. It will dissolve the glue without melting the plastic.
Oops need to learn to read.

Gave it a shot. Kind of a good news bad news result. It looks like the upper thigh and some of the buttocks weren't as hard a plastic as the rest of the body, so the nonacetone nail polish remover cut a few grooves into them. The good news is it managed to free the stuck joint, and the damage won't be a problem under clothes. Thanks for the advice!

In the future, with stuck joints, use heat. Either a blow dryer or a cup of hot/boiling water.

Never heard of the nail polish remover trick, but heat always* gets the job done.

*I take no responsibility if the heat doesn't work

Back