Premium Format Hellraiser Pinhead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im highly considering this piece... But im a bit concerned. Does anyone know for a fact its polystone ?? This is a piece i can see them doing in pvc. And if they couldnt chrome the teeth on the alien lsb's due to cost... Im worried the pins will just be painted bits of plastic.

Im highly considering this piece... But im a bit concerned. Does anyone know for a fact its polystone ?? This is a piece i can see them doing in pvc. And if they couldnt chrome the teeth on the alien lsb's due to cost... Im worried the pins will just be painted bits of plastic.

The pins better not be plastic for this kind of pricing. Metal pins at wholesale does not cost much at all.

It says in the description.

"Crafted from premium grade polystone and ready to raise hell, the Angel of Suffering taunts his victims with Lemarchand's puzzle box in one outstretched hand; while a disturbing inventory of bladed torture devices hang at his waist, waiting to tear their souls apart."

The pins better not be plastic for this kind of pricing. Metal pins at wholesale does not cost much at all.

I wouldn't be surprized if they are since we all know Sideshow likes to cut corners. :(

His weight is also listed at 12.00 lbs (5.44 kg). Too heavy for pvc unless it's the base that's polystone and he's plastic which would be the opposite of what Sideshow normally does.

Alex over on the other board verified it's polystone and the prototype has the metal pins. Hopefully that continues to the production piece.

Besides a couple kits and comissioned pieces this is the only full figure Pinhead statue. Pretty crazy as popular as he is.

Freddy and Jason definitely get most of the statue love but even that is limited. I mean can you imagine SSC 1:1 scale busts? But alas, I doubt we'll see it.

I would be all over a life-size Freddy or Jason bust, finances willing. But I'd be ecstatic with a half-scale Legendary Scale Bust of them both. That may be a more realistic, although still remote, possibility for the future. :pray:

Don't need busts. I got life size figures so busts are useless to me ;P although I'd take a bust of Beetlejuice or Leprechaun.

His weight is also listed at 12.00 lbs (5.44 kg). Too heavy for pvc unless it's the base that's polystone and he's plastic which would be the opposite of what Sideshow normally does.

Well they did that for MOS, PVC figure with polystone base, other than that one case I can't think of a statue where they used a plastic base and polystone body. Did they do that on their older statues because as far as I know all their bases have always been polystone. Also MOS listed weight is also 12.00 lbs (5.44 kg) to but we all know that weight comes from the polystone base.

I don't think Freddy's base is made of polystone. As well as Dutch, the Raiders Indy, Boba Fett.... going only by what I own though. I think most of the Star Wars bases are mainly polystone because they're quite heavy.

I don't think Freddy's base is made of polystone. As well as Dutch, the Raiders Indy, Boba Fett.... going only by what I own though. I think most of the Star Wars bases are mainly polystone because they're quite heavy.

Oh really they are not polystone? They sure do look it but I don't own any of them so I guess I wouldn't know. :slap

I was mainly going by by the statues I do own and pics as that Dutch base looked like a polystone base. I am somewhat shock to discover that is it not polystone. Must be pretty light then?

Yeah i saw the polystone bit. My concern comes from the mos statue. The bust was pvc and base polystone. But i dont recall pvc being mentioned anywhere in its description. I am not knocking this piece i think its awesome. Just a little cautious.

Yeah i saw the polystone bit. My concern comes from the mos statue. The bust was pvc and base polystone. But i dont recall pvc being mentioned anywhere in its description. I am not knocking this piece i think its awesome. Just a little cautious.

Yeah that is why people are pissed off with Sideshow for not letting people know that the MOS statue was going to be PVC, but in that case they actually didn't specify whether it was going to be polystone, people just assumed it was going to be polystone. Whereas in this case Sideshow have actually said the statue will be polystone. I wouldn't worry because people were so upset about Sideshow not telling them the MOS was not going to be polystone they had to update the CR Superman description to say that it is now PVC and not polystone. So from now on they will provide the information of what the product is made of in the description. ;)

After seeing the ES I didn't think this one would waitlist until sometime closer to its release date.

Back