hello from the midwest region!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amstel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi I thought I'd better introduce myself on here after joining the first week of January. I wanted to get a feel of this and see if I would continue to be on here. So far I have enjoyed the forums and checking out the latest news about Sideshow Collectibles. I am a late bloomer in the mid 30's. I have been fascinated with the statues from Sideshow for quite a while! I finally caved in! I'm a blue collar female worker, working two jobs and I am busy being my mom's caregiver since my father passed away. She has Alzheimer's which is an ugly disease. Oh by the way I am deaf so if my grammar sucks, have some patience with me please!

Anyway starting a new hobby with Sideshow collectibles brings joy in my life. So far I am a proud owner of Vader and Kenobi mythos, Emperor Palpatine PF and Anakin Skywalker PF ex. Recently I couldn't resist to PO of Cap America PF ex, Red Skull PF ex and 89 Keaton Batman PF ex! Also purchased Batman comic PF ex off Ebay! :yess: My first plan was to focus only on SW statues...only to have that plan out the window! :slap Hopefully I will try to stick with SW, Marvel and DC statues. :pray:

Now I have a dilemma...we don't have an IKEA store in my area. One is a few hours away. I want to buy a PAX to display my collectibles. Or should I just custom build one similiar to IKEA's PAX?

Thanks!

Those are some great pieces, to just be starting out. There is an ikea in Minneapolis, Twin Cities that's the closest I think to you ,take a road trip!! When I go to the Mayo clinic in Rochester I hit that place up. My Mum also had a type of Alzheimer's disease and it horrible, may God be with you .

Being a huge Star Wars fan myself I don't know if you knew this but today they released the new title it's called the " Force Awakens"

:welcome1: looks like you're well on your way to being addicted to this hobby like the rest of us. You picked some great pieces to start your collection.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show :bunnydanc

I agree with Lakhota, time for an IKEA road trip :rock

If you aren't handy and can't make custom cabinets yourself, IKEA is the answer and a quarter of the cost compared to hiring someone to do it for you. ;)

Back