Hellboy II Samaritan 1:1 prop replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, that was a complete waste of time. If you recall, I'm the guy who had the problem with the rubber on the mounts, reported it to Sideshow, and then had to send the whole thing back to get a replacement.

Well guess what? They sent it back with new mounts. SENT IT BACK. The SAME gun, base, bullets, everything... except they put new mounts into the package. And forgot to put back the replacement set of batteries and 5 of the batteries that originally came packed in the tracers.

In the end, it cost me nothing but WOW does that seem like an expensive process for Sideshow, paying for shipping 24 pounds of Samaritan twice when they could have mailed a couple under-a-pound mounts once.

Regardless, I'm glad to have Sammy back in my office where unruly clients can see it. #487.

- J

OK, that was a complete waste of time. If you recall, I'm the guy who had the problem with the rubber on the mounts, reported it to Sideshow, and then had to send the whole thing back to get a replacement.

Well guess what? They sent it back with new mounts. SENT IT BACK. The SAME gun, base, bullets, everything... except they put new mounts into the package. And forgot to put back the replacement set of batteries and 5 of the batteries that originally came packed in the tracers.

In the end, it cost me nothing but WOW does that seem like an expensive process for Sideshow, paying for shipping 24 pounds of Samaritan twice when they could have mailed a couple under-a-pound mounts once.

Regardless, I'm glad to have Sammy back in my office where unruly clients can see it. #487.

- J

That's just ridiculous....

I can't believe the asked you to send the whole thing back... really makes no sense. Usually for smaller ancillery items they just send the individual parts :lol

rather not read through this whole thread lol, but were there any persistent problems w/ this piece? read something about flaking? thanks

No consistent issues... most seem isolated. Probably the biggest complaints would be the paint weathering looks kinda cheap, the barrels spins to freely and the tracer bullets (being plastic) feel cheap as well.

It came in a smaller box than I thought
samaritan0cv8.jpg

samaritan1gl5.jpg

samaritan2mh2.jpg

samaritan3mn1.jpg

samaritan4zo0.jpg

samaritan5wn5.jpg

samaritan6jp4.jpg

samaritan7zn8.jpg

samaritan8kp7.jpg

samaritan9fn4.jpg

Personally I felt the wooden handles seem to look more like shiny plastic than shiny varnished/lacquered wood. This effect could have been reduced greatly if they had made the BPRD logo medallion a SEPERATE piece from any number of diecast metals and glued it in place. The logo is very clearly not metal and it tends to drag the handles overall presence down.

Personally I felt the wooden handles seem to look more like shiny plastic than shiny varnished/lacquered wood. This effect could have been reduced greatly if they had made the BPRD logo medallion a SEPERATE piece from any number of diecast metals and glued it in place. The logo is very clearly not metal and it tends to drag the handles overall presence down.

I agree here. That's one thing they should have done. Cast inserts for the emblems would have been a great improvement.

So I have some problems with my Sammy... I recently spun the bullet chamber, and apparently, it rubs up against another part of the gun, and left a scratch all around it... there's also a large paint chip because of the scratch...

samaritan1ou8.jpg

samaritan2yd0.jpg

I also noticed that one of my tracer bullets is dimmer and bluer than the other three... it was hard to take pics, but i think the difference is clearly visible...

from left to right, he dimmer one is the third.
samaritanbullets1zw9.jpg

The left one is less bright and less green...
samaritanbullets2ni0.jpg

I'm thinking of calling sideshow to get this repaired/replaced... I really didn't think these issues would bother me, but they're all i notice now...

Sorry to say it guys, but mine is going back. I noticed tonight that the plastic that coats the front holder has started to come apart. Influx I believe had this exact problem.

At this point I am just going to get my money back. If things start to fall apart after owning the item for 2 weeks, who knows what will break down the line. I am returning it while I still can.

Aside from the holder coating cracking, the cheap tracking bullets and overall fit and finish of the piece just don't justify the price. I have to be honest.

While I applaud Sideshow for attempting an ambitious replica like this, the final product fell short. Perhaps it was too ambitious. Maybe my expectations were too high. I don't know. Anyway, it's outta here. :mad:

CrackedHolder.jpg

I just received mine today, Absolutely Awesome, no problems with mine at all. My husband was impressed with the weight of the gun. Massively cool!
#12 out of 850. The lowest number ever for me. Pics to follow.
My only complaint is with Fedex and the fact that the outer box was damaged and
the Styrofoam inside was damaged. Oh and duties and fees to Canada were over $100.00 bucks. Last big heavy item for me. Just can't afford the extra costs.

I received my regular edition Samaritan today and I couldn't be happier. I have none of the issues that I've seen with the EX. From the handle to the weathering everything is top notch. No slop what so ever. I was disappointed at first that I didn't get the EX but getting a perfect piece and $100 cheaper made that feeling quickly subside. #323 of #1250

Back