Hellboy II Samaritan 1:1 prop replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my review up tonight:

https://www.mwctoys.com

I handled mine plenty while shooting, and had no issues with flaking.

Nicely executed review (as always)

In relation to your cosplay remarks, besides the arm busting weight issue, the realistic look and feel, moveable parts, etc would violate most Cons weapons policies these days anyway.

Nice review Mike, I think I made the right decision for now in cancelling. It is surprising to see that the base is plastic, I was disappointed to find that on the Right Hand of Doom.

:monkey4

I still love this piece. I have in on my end table with the Hellboy PF and they look great together.

Can't wait for Hellboy 2 tomorrow :rock

opened mine finally last night and its freakin awesome... heavy as lead....

.. handle is a moot point. Paint looks great. Possibly even better than a real mass produced wood handle wouldve looked unless they wouldve spent a lot of time antiquing it, which Im sure they wouldve done with paint anyway .......

.. handle is a moot point. Paint looks great. Possibly even better than a real mass produced wood handle wouldve looked unless they wouldve spent a lot of time antiquing it, which Im sure they wouldve done with paint anyway .......

Agreed. The handle looks awesome, definitely convincing job making it look like wood. The design of the grip (wrapping around the butt of the gun) would be prone to cracking eventually, so I'm just as happy with the cast piece.

United Cutlery did wooden handles on their prop replica swords, and many of them did come ed. Real wood in mass production just doesn't work well in this case.

Think it was a wise choice to use this type of plastic material for the handle grip. Feels excellent. Think it will have a longevity beyond that of one similarly fashioned in wood; so they did good. Very glad to hear no one else is having paint flaking issues. Perhaps it's isolated. I'll be contacting Sideshow with some questions regarding the paint.

Has anyone from Europe received their Samaritan yet? I got my tracking number from Sideshow a few days ago saying it would be with me in 1-2 days and not only has it not been delivered but when I called parcelforce they have no record of the items arriving. They say they have bee 'advised but not received the item'.

Something tells me customs have something to do with this :banghead

I got mine today and not too happy about it. All in all I think it looks pretty cool but Sideshow has some quality issues they need to work on.

Here is a picture of a bad paint job done on the top screw on the handle

3025502009_074658e341.jpg

The next set of pictures show how the red plaque that holds the gun doesn't fit into the indention in the base.

3026332872_04f1640d58.jpg

3025501541_ccb06f9daa.jpg

3025501933_4b29b15d98.jpg

Thanks...I just called them up. I'm gonna return it.

I have the same issue with mine (the gap between display base and the backing). But I don't mind it; as I like the way it looks when displayed facing forward. I like seeing the complete circle of the backing. From your pics, it also looks like they smidged the bottom and top of your handle grip: on that alone, it's great that you're sending it back. Enjoy the new one.

I just got mine :banana:banana:banana

I will make pictures ofcourse, in case you haven't seen enough.
The plastic bullets feel cheap, but look great.

On the box it said #408, I didn't check the bottom of the base yet.

Back