Premium Format Hellboy (Comic Book Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Hellboy PF

the only comic book i have in my subscription list. Forever to come out.

I respect your opinion. Just reciprocate that respect when I state my opinion: you're crazy. :lol

Mike's artwork is incredible and I will ALWAYS prefer his line work for Hellboy over anyone. I hate having to wait so damn long for Hellboy in Hell #5!

Those delays are common when the comic is integrally done by it's creator. When it takes so long to come out, be sure that most of the time it's because the creator is committed to make the best possible comic every single time, and just won't release anything less than his best for his readers.

Same thing can be said for Eric Larsen and Savage Dragon. It's only him doing the comic, and every issue takes months to come out sometimes, but he always releases great stuff, every issue.

I think American comic book writers and artists would never be able to keep up with the Japanese model. Having to release twenty page issues weekly or forty to fifty page issues monthly is incredibly difficult and they don't get paid that much either. Often times it's just one person, an editor, and a small team of people that clean up the art a bit. Some dudes just do it by themselves yet they still make those weekly deadlines. Must be a nightmare.

That's true. In Japan there's a really demential culture of overworking without rest. It's insane the extents they are capable to go, and in other countries aren't used to a rhythm like that.

But also in Japan most of the time the writer, artist and cover artist are the same guy and they have full ownership (I think) and recognition by the public of the character.

Ask most US people who John Byrne, Jeph Loeb, Geroge Perez... is and they have no clue.
The consistency in manga helps make the authors famous.

I'm just hopping in here to see what you're all talking about. I'm not getting this cause of reasons but that doesn't mean I don't wanna talk about it. *sigh. You all better enjoy this HB for me.

I'm just hopping in here to see what you're all talking about. I'm not getting this cause of reasons but that doesn't mean I don't wanna talk about it. *sigh. You all better enjoy this HB for me.

I know I will. I'm very excited for it!

I really hope we get an Abe PF one day. Comic or movie I don't mind.

Agreed.

To me it's more of a question as to WHEN it will happen as opposed to WILL it happen. I can't imagine SSC got the rights to the Hellboy IP only to put out Hellboy statues.

Not to mention as interested as folks are on this statue, SSC has to have taken notice. If it sells well that should be pretty much make it a no brainer that SSC should continue to focus on the line.

Back