Headplay: NEW Head Sculpts. X 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sculpts look great, now how about Nikolai, the Russian Heavy Gunner from Predators? :clap

Well, maybe they can argue that they improved the PERS. Now you don't have to wait until the PERS breaks to get crazy mismatched eye Joker :lol

What makes you think thats headplay, because the seller posted it as headplay? Ebay descriptions are constantly wrong we all know that.

I feel the same way but if you notice its sitting on a headplay box. But then again I have a box that I could put one on too.....:dunno

I feel the same way but if you notice its sitting on a headplay box. But then again I have a box that I could put one on too.....:dunno
That's what made me think it is actually Headplay. It is possible that the seller is trying to promote it as Headplay when it isn't for some reason. If this isn't actually a Headplay sculpt, again, I think it would behoove those guys to stop by and explain that this is the case. The Rainman sculpts were posted on HP's Facebook, though. They may just be focusing more on more or less straightforward recasts at this time.

They recast licensed products. They basically steal from both company and actor/managers/companies that hold movie/actor likeness.

Recasting in itself is concidered copying someone's art and claiming as their own, so copying a copyrighted product makes it a tad worse in my opinion.

Sculpting unlicensed sculpts is another story in another book. Got nothing to do with recasting.

Headplay is pretty much the fake rolex of our community.

I don´t understanf all the fuzz. Is not Headplay a company that ONLY make UNLICENSED Headsculpts?

Why in hell they won´t make recasts as well? Is not like they are pay any royaltes to anyone...
There has been some pseudo legal discussion ad nauseum over the last week or so, and many seem to share your POV--"if it is unlicensed to begin with, why not let them recast as well? They are breaking the law either way." But many on this board hold a more nuanced distinction between acceptability within the community and potential acceptability in the eyes of the law, as Xeno suggests.

Peterparkernyp your avatar is great! I really need to ask Josh if he wold be willing to paint one for me too.
Otherwise I could just wait for the HP realease. Yet Joshs paint work is far superior...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back