1/6 HEAD SWAP - Luke & Han SSC extra echo base heads on SSC stormie bodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCFETT

Super Freak
Reaction score
Until we get a Hot Toys Luke & Solo in Stormie disguise...

the original heads while nice sculpts, the paint kinda lacked in comparison to what we get now. They look very pink and shiny lacking complexion IMHO.

81d2a72a_l.jpeg
2abbd873_l.jpeg
907455e5_l.jpeg

Do these photos work now?

There are pics Tali... :dunno

Yeah, it's really weird - I still can't see anything at all. Never had this problem on here ever before.:dunno

No pictures for me either. I followed the links to see them. https://s27.postimg.org/ybxg9l7bm/IMG_0473.jpg https://s27.postimg.org/60bwcjnf6/IMG_0474.jpg https://s27.postimg.org/blybglo42/IMG_0475.jpg

I tried to post a picture, but doesn't seem to work in this thread. :cuckoo:

Thanks for the links. They look pretty great, though the three issues with those heads is the skintone is a little too dark, the paint a little too basic, and they are slightly smaller (what a bizarre thing for a SSC head) compared to a standard HT head - though just by 5% or something.

The Luke looks slightly too small for the old stormie body, but maybe that means the helmet might fit over it, and I'm sure the old Luke head it came with is pretty huge.

I really love both those unhatted heads though - the Luke is an improvement over the Ht non-BD Luke and the Han is the best Han - ANH, ESB or ROTJ - we've ever had.

Hope HT release these figures in the near future. Always wanted themand not willing to pay the high prices for the SS versions that people are asking for.

Thanks for your thoughts Tali!

Maybe it's the photo hosting site I googled to upload them... weird!! I'm going to try again to fix it.

Yeah I agree, the Luke head for sure is a touch small. But overall I think these heads look better than the original sideshow heads, looks more finessed where as the others more shiny plastic toy like.

Overall I def hope hot toys comes through with the Luke & Han stormie set, it will be a no brainer. For now I think this will do.

The complexion of these guys are a bit dark especially in comparison to the original heads on these stormies which were bright and peachy. But directly under the detolf light sets a nice mood and it doesn't seem to take away from the overall look. I think this is a nice stand-in duo until the time comes for a HT release.

Neck peg on the HT shorttrooper is so long the new SS Luke looks ridiculous without any modding, but Han looks alright on the standard one:

Tan Solo is looking great. What sticks out the most for me with these bashes is simply the older appearance of the ESB sculpts compared to what the actors looked like a few years earlier in ANH. Han can probably be rejuvinated a bit with new paint and Luke would look just amazing with the new SSC Red 5 sculpt. I think that one is going to be crazy hot in the part-out market.

The proto Red 5 looks a hell of a lot more convincing than either of the Hoth figures, but it will have a Sideshow paint job, that's inevitable. So we will see.

It would be a welcome irony if that one comes out with usual Sideshow (low) quality and then HT releases their Luke with a perfect paint but a "Hans Solo" type likeness.

Nice TonTon! I didn't try to stick them on my HT Troopers yet, I'll give it a try tonight! Is it possible to swap the neck peg?

LOL @ Tan Solo.

Back