HAWKEYE (Clint Barton potential figure)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmann

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looking good. Also a peak at a potential Echo 178474096_126854746145606_1144710324693260580_n.jpg

He will probably have some googles/shades to wear at some point. Hopefully longer than the 5 seconds Zemo had his mask on for.

9efce9c2f8b47ec1aeed0ac6f9e38c68.jpg

He will probably have some googles/shades to wear at some point. Hopefully longer than the 5 seconds Zemo had his mask on for.

9efce9c2f8b47ec1aeed0ac6f9e38c68.jpg

Well, now that TFAWS is complete I think within the confines of the MCU the mask Zemo wears was absolutely pointless and dumb. There was no purpose, set up, or explanation for it whatsoever, so it just came off random as all hell...but you know, fan service. [insert eye roll emoji]

Ugh, such rookie writers... :slap

Well, now that TFAWS is complete I think within the confines of the MCU the mask Zemo wears was absolutely pointless and dumb. There was no purpose, set up, or explanation for it whatsoever, so it just came off random as all hell...but you know, fan service. [insert eye roll emoji]

Dude its a comic book movie, they wear accessories to sell toys, Zemo put a mask because he likes and the writers just wanted to make a fanservice for him to look more like a relevant comic character, just like Clint change his Ronin costume to a black and gold hawkeye in endgame.

Dude its a comic book movie, they wear accessories to sell toys, Zemo put a mask because he likes and the writers just wanted to make a fanservice for him to look more like a relevant comic character, just like Clint change his Ronin costume to a black and gold hawkeye in endgame.

That shouldn't be an excuse for lazy/poor writing.

There was a reason Clint wore the Ronin costume in EG. He was fighting in Japan, hence a more ninja get up...I fail to see how a purple balaclava has anything to do with anything. Let's assume I know nothing about the Zemo character, him putting on a purple mask would be confusing to me...bad writing.

It blows my mind that people are so ready to defend nonsensical mediocrity with an explanation that relies on nothing! Oh, it's just a comic book movie so the coherence of the storytelling doesn't matter...ugh... :slap

This is sadly why Zack Snyder has legions of fans...it looks cool! Who cares if it makes sense!?!

That shouldn't be an excuse for lazy/poor writing.

There was a reason Clint wore the Ronin costume in EG. He was fighting in Japan, hence a more ninja get up...I fail to see how a purple balaclava has anything to do with anything. Let's assume I know nothing about the Zemo character, him putting on a purple mask would be confusing to me...bad writing.

It blows my mind that people are so ready to defend nonsensical mediocrity with an explanation that relies on nothing! Oh, it's just a comic book movie so the coherence of the storytelling doesn't matter...ugh... :slap

This is sadly why Zack Snyder has legions of fans...it looks cool! Who cares if it makes sense!?!

But i am not defending the series mistakes but you're clearly nitpicking about those little details.
But why Clint make this change? for what purpose? In the comics there is an explanation but in the movies does not. Zemo is a new character now, they reboot his Civil War character, its all new information about him like.
You are being contradictory because you complain about Zack Snyder but he explain everything in his movies, for every little detail he has an explanation.

Saying "it's a comic book movie" is such a bad argument. It's reductive of the genre and actually drawing a line that says if you make a movie than transcends the basic comic book tropes then you're actually doing something wrong.

I agree it could have been handled better, but I'm glad we got to see him wear it on screen. Theres a long lineage of Zemos and the mask/title is passed down thru generations, but they never say any of that in the show. Of course it was very clumsy (why put it on then take it off?) it should have been more elegant, but those few seconds were enough to get the look fans wanted on screen and justify all the toys. It was blatant fan service and I liked it. Not to mention, Marvel has been very good at modernizing all of these flamboyant costumes into something more real and practical.

Do you think fans are happy that Wolverine never wore the mask on screen because he had no real motivation to conceal his identity? That we had over 2 decades to get him in that mask and we never got it?! :gah: Meanwhile this no name character is on screen for a couple of minutes and has his whole damn ensemble together. And he kicked ass wearing it. Zemo was ready to go :cool:

I agree it could have been handled better, but I'm glad we got to see him wear it on screen. Theres a long lineage of Zemos and the mask/title is passed down thru generations, but they never say any of that in the show. Of course it was very clumsy (why put it on then take it off?) it should have been more elegant, but those few seconds were enough to get the look fans wanted on screen and justify all the toys. It was blatant fan service and I liked it. Not to mention, Marvel has been very good at modernizing all of these flamboyant costumes into something more real and practical.

Do you think fans are happy that Wolverine never wore the mask on screen because he had no real motivation to conceal his identity? That we had over 2 decades to get him in that mask and we never got it?! :gah: Meanwhile this no name character is on screen for a couple of minutes and has his whole damn ensemble together. And he kicked ass wearing it. Zemo was ready to go :cool:

Besides his wearing a purple mask I'm not at all familiar with Zemo from the comics, but I thought they handled it fine. It was in one of the cars he and the previous Barons in his family had collected through the years, so there was an implied history when he saw it & decided to put it in the bag he grabbed. Like many things in the MCU it wasn't immediately explained, but we may well find out more about its history down the road. Blatant fan service? Most definitely. Clumsy? IMO no.

Nearly all of the people in the MCU don't wear their "official" headgear in public/regularly. It's been that way since day 1; there's nothing different about that with Zemo. Calling that out with Zemo is just trying to do your best Cinema Sins impression (who is somehow even a thing still?). Fusing the mask to his face is stupid anyway. Let him wear it freely like any other character.

Plus, the MCU is centered around prolific actors who have large dialogue scenes, of which Daniel Br?hl is and had. These people of course are going to want to show their face while they act. I'm glad he didn't have his mask on every time I saw his face.

I'd pick up a good Zemo in a nanosecond; and a good Hawkeye too, assuming the show is alright.

Only own the Ultron Hawkeye - passed on CW re the arm joint thing, and the Ninja Hawkeye. Definitely room for another archer on the shelf.

I'd pick up a good Zemo in a nanosecond; and a good Hawkeye too, assuming the show is alright.

Only own the Ultron Hawkeye - passed on CW re the arm joint thing, and the Ninja Hawkeye. Definitely room for another archer on the shelf.

Or another 2 archers!!
I am down for both Clint Barton and Kate Bishop Hawkeyes from the show.
Its the only Marvel show i have been looked forward to. though in all honesty i hope the suit looks better in the show, like in that blurry image it just looks like a flat t-shirt with a print on it.
So far i have been able to resist getting into the marvel line but if hot toys do figures from the Hawkeye show that could change!!

Saying "it's a comic book movie" is such a bad argument. It's reductive of the genre and actually drawing a line that says if you make a movie than transcends the basic comic book tropes then you're actually doing something wrong.

But it is not an argument, its a trope like, they never expained why Steve change from the magnet shield in AOU for a regular one in CW, its things that happens in a comic book movie, change to sell new looks for toys.
There are things that is just to look cool, him wearing his mask is that its like when Rambo puts his headband, it dont need to mean something because its just visual aesthetic.

But lets not forget that this is just a part of Zemo story, maybe in the future they explain why the mask, its a thing in the MCU, drop hints and explain later.

Looking good. Also a peak at a potential EchoView attachment 512058

Looks like a much more comics-based suit, cool! I've always liked the costume designs from most of the films, I think they always did a good job adapting them with 'practicality' laced with some inspiration from the comic pages. Though now it seems more evident they're going for even heavier translation, such as the recent Scarlet Witch and FalCap.

Back