Having trouble finding the best display units for Prime 1 Megatron and Optimus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOTRfan85

Super Freak
Reaction score
Been searching and needing help trying to find the best shelves to display Megatron and Optimus, the base is about 25 inches across, cannot believe how difficult it is to find a table or display unit of any kind that is atleast 30 inches in depth. Anyone know for any good display units that have that depth of over 60 CM?

interesting idea, what bolts etc did you get to put them together?

I didn't use any bolts underneath as the legs hold the brackets in place. The brackets you see inside holding the cabinet together were attached by the screws that you get for the hinges which you can pick up in the spares department at IKEA, I had to use washers also as the screw head was too small for the holes I used. Hope this helps.

I didn't use any bolts underneath as the legs hold the brackets in place. The brackets you see inside holding the cabinet together were attached by the screws that you get for the hinges which you can pick up in the spares department at IKEA, I had to use washers also as the screw head was too small for the holes I used. Hope this helps.

Cheers, I may just slab the 2 Besta shelves together, and put optimus and Megatron on there. I would like something whole, instead of putting 2 shelves together but I may have no choice. I want it to be 25 inches just because the room will be so limited because the tumbler will go in the middle of the room. I will probably get that last now since I'm out of ideas for shelves for both Megatron and Optimus

The reason you can't find something stock/standard is that there's no typical purpose to such a deep unit. Too deep for a kitchen. Too deep for a living room. Deeper than a typical non-walk-in closet. Deeper than is required to fit clothes on hangers, so too deep for a wardrobe. Maybe you'll be able to find that depth in industrial/garage racking - but that will be pretty ugly.

The best bet is something entirely custom. If you're going to use IKEA parts, Stuva/Besta are probably too narrow, so you're looking at Pax and Sektion (my recommendation) for modification.

Back