Have you seen my statues ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hydrobud said:
that's pretty f'd up if its true.its kinda of weird to go through all the trouble of leaving the boxes behind.
That is weird ! However, the pallets would crash down if he left only the cartons without the boxes in there. It is true that the statues lose value if they don't have their boxes, but either he is a collector himself (bad luck for me) and he will keep them for him and didn't take the risk to take the boxes, or he didn't know about it and will try to sell them loose (I hope so !!).

customizerwannabe said:
If they go up on ebay, they'll be easy to find with no boxes.
That's why I put all the edition numbers on Forums, this is a small world and I hope he'll make a mistake.

hydrobud said:
thats what im saying.this very well might be just a deal gone bad.
What do you mean ? The deal between me and my seller ? I hope not ! I bought them directly from Sideshow !!

Beren said:
ummm.... so how don't you figure that the seller maybe never put the statues in the boxes in the first place? I would get on the seller's case on this. Also doesn't make much sense to just take the statues and not the whole box....
That's what the carrier said: "this is your provider !"
But my provider is Sideshow and they have a check process before sending goods, so I doubt it is a Sideshow employee. Moreover, the statues were coming from 2 different warehouses and statues from both warehouses were missing. It could happen only between the time the statues were gathered until I received them, and Sideshow have no interest that such a thing happens in their warehouses.

sharpedge said:
The problem is that the empty boxes have been carefully re-closed with tape and put at the bottom of the pallet. I just checked the number of boxes with the carrier and once he left I realized the theft. In theory, I should mention any problem (loss, damage, theft) on the delivery form and I didn't, so it is up to the good will of the carrier to refund me or not, and I guess they usually don't have such a good will ...
Wow they expect you to assume all is good just based on a peice count? That kinda crappy. Also it sounds like an inside job if they had the time to unload, steal the items retape the boxes, and reload the pallet. You should contact the company and the police. I smell an inside job.

Bodie The Cursed said:
I thought u mentioned they came from China to France..
I did ! I'm a retailer and I buy enough pieces to send them directly from China.

Olivier

mfoga said:
Wow they expect you to assume all is good just based on a peice count? That kinda crappy. Also it sounds like an inside job if they had the time to unload, steal the items retape the boxes, and reload the pallet. You should contact the company and the police. I smell an inside job.
There is quite a contradiction there, I agree: the carrier expects that I check all the content during delivery for the insurance to work, and the delivery man is always in a hurry and doesn't want to wait more than 5 mn ! And believe me, it is not always easy to say "no" to a big unpleasant truck driver ...
You're right about the inside job, they had all the time to do their theft, but I guess many people had their hands on my goods between China and France.
I already told this to the carrier and put a claim at the police, I don't think I can do more, except posting on Forums and tracking my statues on eBay :maul

Olivier

sharpedge said:
If by any chance you see one of them on eBay or others, do what you think is best :emperor

Olivier

this comment strikes as rather odd.

sharpedge said:
What do you mean ? The deal between me and my seller ? I hope not ! I bought them directly from Sideshow !!

you misunderstood.im thinking your the seller who has a problem with the buyer therefore coming to this forum to sick us freaks after this cat.it seems to me to many holes in your story that make absolutely no sense. leaving boxes behind,invisible tape, asking a bunch of strangers,if by any chance you see one of them on eBay or others, do what you think is best.
sorry but i think you are trying to pull a fast one on us.

hydrobud said:
you misunderstood.im thinking your the seller who has a problem with the buyer therefore coming to this forum to sick us freaks after this cat.it seems to me to many holes in your story that make absolutely no sense. leaving boxes behind,invisible tape, asking a bunch of strangers,if by any chance you see one of them on eBay or others, do what you think is best.
sorry but i think you are trying to pull a fast one on us.
I'm sorry you think this about me and my intentions, and I don't think my story could make no sense as it is all true (except if my poor english makes non sense, but I thouhgt it was clear). What is so surprising in leaving the boxes and use transparent tape if you want the theft to be discovered as late as possible ? Usually, thieves don't want to be catched ...
Regarding my sentence "do what you think is best", honestly I didn't know what to write at that moment, I couldn't say "please tell me, or call the police and have him arrested !" as I don't think denounciation is a good thing, but if somebody could have helped me, I would have been so glad !
Anyway, I cannot force you to believe me ...

Funny story - sad if it is true.

Do you have any news? What are the responses from Sideshow, the shipping company, the police? I hope you did contact all of them!?

goliath said:
Funny story - sad if it is true.

Do you have any news? What are the responses from Sideshow, the shipping company, the police? I hope you did contact all of them!?

Sidehow had contacted its warehouse that confirmed that the shipment was ok when it left the place. It is not their reponsability anymore.
I'm still waiting for the shipping company and the police to give me some news regarding their investigation. I'm surprised that the Police didn't get back to me to ask more details, I don't think they will do much about it :(

My only hope now is the insurance from the shipping company, if they want to keep me as a customer ...

Hello from France,

Please find above a listing of stolen pieces from my warehouse between september 2015 and february 2016 (I will update this list on a regular basis as it will probably increase ...).

I included some links to the manufacturers or others to help with a visual:

- Spider-Man Black - Museum #613 ou #614 (Bowen)
Spider-Man Black Polystone Statue - Bowen Designs - SideshowCollectibles.com

- Iron Patriot #632 (Bowen)
Marvel Iron Patriot Polystone Statue by Bowen Designs | Sideshow Collectibles

- Neo-Classic Iron Man #584 (Bowen)
Marvel Neo-Classic Iron Man Polystone Statue by Bowen Design | Sideshow Collectibles

- Star Wars: Yoda Ilum #1534 (Gentle Giant)
Yoda (Ilum) ? Collection ? Star Wars Universe

- Star Wars: R2-D2 - Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure (Sideshow)
Star Wars R2-D2 Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure by Sideshow Collec | Sideshow Collectibles

- Batman Arkham City: Batman (DC Direct) (2 pieces)
www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY130273

- Batman - Black & White Statue by Bryan Hitch (DC Direct)
www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/915?stockItemID=FEB150302

- Avengers: Age of Ultron: Captain America - 1/6 MMS (Hot Toys)
www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=278

- Star Wars TFA: First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leader - 1/6 MMS (Hot Toys)
www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=333

- Marvel: Cyclops - ARTFX+ (Kotobukiya)
https://store.kotous.com/marvel-now-cyclops-artfx-statue-pre-order.html

- Harry Potter: Horcrux Locket (Noble Collection)
https://www.noblecollection.com/Item--i-PRP-HP-7968

- The Incredible Hulk #406 (Attakus)
www.attakus.fr/epages/174687.sf/fr_FR/?ObjectPath=/Shops/174687/Products/C420

And another one stolen sometime ago also in my warehouse, but this time without the box:

- Fantasy Figure Gallery: Felicia Andress par Shungo Yazawa (Yamato)
https://yamatotoysusa.com/products/felicia-andress/

If by any chance you come across any of those pieces on eBay or anywhere else, don't hesitate to contact me, even if I have very little hope.

Thank you !

Olivier

I think your screwed. I know what its like dealing with drivers and signing invoices... and once you sign, companies tend to not want to know.
There might be a slim chance of them helping you as most 'goods in' will rely on a box count and all the boxes were there so there's no discrepancies with the order and the invoice. You could argue its quite unreasonable for you to be expected to handle every piece before you sign the invoice off and if that is to be the case, and you spend a lot of money with the courier, you'll take your business else where.

I think your screwed. I know what its like dealing with drivers and signing invoices... and once you sign, companies tend to not want to know.
There might be a slim chance of them helping you as most 'goods in' will rely on a box count and all the boxes were there so there's no discrepancies with the order and the invoice. You could argue its quite unreasonable for you to be expected to handle every piece before you sign the invoice off and if that is to be the case, and you spend a lot of money with the courier, you'll take your business else where.

I think you refer to my first post in this thread from 2007, but this is a whole new problem this time (see post #34) where the statues have been stolen from my fulfillment warehouse, probably by an employee. Nevertheless, I think I'm screwed indeed ... but maybe not ! I never closed my original thread from 2007, but I actually found the thief and my statues. The statues were pretty damaged, but the thief was forced to reimbourse me ! So there is some hope.

I think you refer to my first post in this thread from 2007, but this is a whole new problem this time (see post #34) where the statues have been stolen from my fulfillment warehouse, probably by an employee. Nevertheless, I think I'm screwed indeed ... but maybe not ! I never closed my original thread from 2007, but I actually found the thief and my statues. The statues were pretty damaged, but the thief was forced to reimbourse me ! So there is some hope.

Is your warehouse insured?

Back