Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^

12" right?

Still can't find it...

nope. 3 3/4. The reason you probably can't find it is because it's popular. But it does exist. I even have it thanks to a midnight Wal Mart run. Check out Rebelscum's archives for him.

And yes, one or two of the Leia's have a good Fisher sculpt. Or at least, ones that make her not look like a man/monkey. Check the new Slave Leia as one of them. I'm currently using that head as the base for my ROTJ Leias.

Here's my two latest bits of work. Can you spot all the different parts?

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

You replaced the soft goods on Leia's long loincloth thingie with a plastic one from POTF2 I believe.

And there's the other change :lol The Luke is the head, arms, torso and skirt from the Resurgence of the Jedi pack. Legs and crotch came from the TAC Moisture Vaporator Luke. Leia is nearly ALL the new Slave Leia, but the chain is actually from 5 of the Deluxe Slave Leias (collar from one, chain from five) and the cloth is from the POTF2 Leia. She currently is missing the back part but I have another on the way to fix that. Personally I think just those few mods make these figures look MILES better when on display. Same thing I did with the ANH Leia. Took the dress and legs from the Early Bird kit Leia, the torso, arms and hands from Medical Frigate Leia and the head from the VOTC Leia. Add in the VTSC Endor Leia's blaster (since that is the proper blaster for every Leia BUT Endor) and you have a great looking Leia.

nope. 3 3/4. The reason you probably can't find it is because it's popular. But it does exist. I even have it thanks to a midnight Wal Mart run. Check out Rebelscum's archives for him.

Aw nutz! :(

Not interested in those.

But even more props to Val for the pic! I never would have guessed such a small scale! :clap

And there's the other change :lol The Luke is the head, arms, torso and skirt from the Resurgence of the Jedi pack. Legs and crotch came from the TAC Moisture Vaporator Luke. Leia is nearly ALL the new Slave Leia, but the chain is actually from 5 of the Deluxe Slave Leias (collar from one, chain from five) and the cloth is from the POTF2 Leia. She currently is missing the back part but I have another on the way to fix that. Personally I think just those few mods make these figures look MILES better when on display. Same thing I did with the ANH Leia. Took the dress and legs from the Early Bird kit Leia, the torso, arms and hands from Medical Frigate Leia and the head from the VOTC Leia. Add in the VTSC Endor Leia's blaster (since that is the proper blaster for every Leia BUT Endor) and you have a great looking Leia.

They really do make a great difference. That Luke looks great, and I really was happy with that one before you made the changes.

A huge shout out to Hasbro! for making life fun and intresting for my whole family...i cant wait to see what they have in store for the G.I.JOE line since i missed TOYFAIR and i only seen video footage on youtube, Hasbro goes all out for fans! after all the ROC stuff i purchassed, im not disapointed a bit...please KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!...and send some of that cool new stuff out my way!

Not sure how far it'll go, but rumors over at Rebelscum of a Vintage Emperor in planning. You know, it's sad that to date, Hasbro's best Emperor was the first when the POTF line restarted, second best in my book would be the ROTS Sidious.

potfemperorfront.jpg

rots0512palpatinefront.jpg

Forgot that one, that's a pretty good one too, though very specific to his hologram posing.

I just can't believe this one.

sw0330emperorloose.jpg

With all their improvements, making it specific to him being thrown down the shaft at the end of Jedi wasn't a good call.

Yeah, that one was terrible. Hopefully the new one will be great. I wonder if they will do soft goods on him like the Senate Duel Sidious is supposed to.

I hope now, I'm really not a fan of soft goods on 4 inch figures, particularly robes or anythign hooded. This would likely be the result.

Honestly, I'd rather they just do something similar to the POTF2 figure, just with the better realism and detail they get now.

swevol_SITHempfront.jpg

I'm also not a fan of a half and half mix like this.

1983739.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

It's just mind boggling to me, they can't best the 1983 ROTJ Jabba with all their advances, yet, and their best Emperor was the first of the new POTF collection, I find it odd when later products in an era of improved quality look like a step backward compared to their predecessors.

It's just mind boggling to me, they can't best the 1983 ROTJ Jabba with all their advances, yet, and their best Emperor was the first of the new POTF collection, I find it odd when later products in an era of improved quality look like a step backward compared to their predecessors.

I am hoping that the new Jabba will be better than any released, but we'll see. If the same sculptor that did the new Dewback is involved, I'll feel good about it. If it looks like Sideshow's I'll be buying it.

Back