Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found Jabba at Walmart yesterday and once again, I'm disappointed. The throne itself is decent... the gargoyle heads are a bit too small... and Oola is very well done. Jabba, on the other hand... well, you'd better make some good memories with him now 'cause give him five years and his lower half is going to be as rotted & deteriorated as the neck of your brand new $100 AT-AT. Remember how the eyelids rotted off of the talking Jedi-training Yoda? Guess we'll never learn.

And what's up with Salacious Crumb's right arm? It's bent the wrong way at the elbow. At first, I thought I'd gotten a Crumb with two left arms, but nope! They produced a toy whose arm is bent backwards at the elbow! @!#$%

Guess I'll be keeping the Beast Pack Jabba to replace this one in a few years...

- J

Found Jabba at Walmart yesterday and once again, I'm disappointed. The throne itself is decent... the gargoyle heads are a bit too small... and Oola is very well done. Jabba, on the other hand... well, you'd better make some good memories with him now 'cause give him five years and his lower half is going to be as rotted & deteriorated as the neck of your brand new $100 AT-AT. Remember how the eyelids rotted off of the talking Jedi-training Yoda? Guess we'll never learn.

And what's up with Salacious Crumb's right arm? It's bent the wrong way at the elbow. At first, I thought I'd gotten a Crumb with two left arms, but nope! They produced a toy whose arm is bent backwards at the elbow! @!#$%

Guess I'll be keeping the Beast Pack Jabba to replace this one in a few years...

- J

AT-AT necks can easily be replaced with some flex tubing from the hardware store.

Jabba, on the other hand... well, you'd better make some good memories with him now 'cause give him five years and his lower half is going to be as rotted & deteriorated as the neck of your brand new $100 AT-AT. Remember how the eyelids rotted off of the talking Jedi-training Yoda? Guess we'll never learn.

I'm not convinced of this at all. His lower half is apparently made of silicone, which should stand the test of time fairly well. And this is not the first Jabba to be made of soft materials (see the Jabba Glob figure for example). It's still fine.

That's simply because he's a straight repack of the version that they included with C-3PO. His arm was bent that way to hold onto C-3PO's eye. Kind of cheap not to correct it, but I guess corners have to be cut somewhere. I just cut his hand off with an Xacto knife and reglued it into a more realistic position.

Was bored, more Jabba and stuff...

DSCF0893.jpg

(yes, I know Oola should not be there, but oh well)

DSCF0895.jpg

DSCF0894.jpg

DSCF0899.jpg

DSCF0900.jpg

Oola's whole boob is showing.:clap

Is she seducing leia there? :bow

The previous part of this conversation is dead. Moving on, please.

wow, why the heavy censorship? Why were all those posts deleted? I don't know if the issue got to where people started insulting each other heavily (which I agree is wrong and should be deleted) but in the posting I had seen about the repackaging there was no major namecalling or insulting. If someone did post something really insulting how about just deleting the one post with the really insulting thing but why delete all posts that dealt with the topic including those that were reasonable debate? And it is a topic that annoys alot of collectors and should be discussed. So why delete it all without any explanation?

You know, there is something very powerful and good about free speech. Trying to keep things perfectly "in line" zaps the ability of people to express themselves. So why was that all deleted?

Last edited:
Great pics.

(wow-- what did I miss?... damn this football coaching gig... week six... I miss everything)

New Hoth Ultra Battlepacks:
026-1.jpg

Really like this Hoth Trooper...

Awww, c'mon Sideshow! All we have to do is look at that superb "Dusty" figure to see that you can do a complicated, gear-infused uniform and do it well...so where's our Rebels in Hoth Gear?

The only thing I dont like about this set is K-3P0

It should of included three Hoth troopers instead of two.:chew

What also hasbro needs to do is make a big scale star destoyer. :clap

Here's how hasbro....

Make 6 sections that would all snap and fit together (like the size of the big falcon) and sell them at $100.00 each. Release another section every 4 months over a 2 year period. It would sell.

:exactly:

Last edited:
I'd rather have a Death Star than SD. Just release 1:18 scale versions of the old Kenner Micro World Death Star playsets that can interconnect. Ditto Bespin World and Hoth World.

micro-dsworld-front.jpg

micro-bespinworld-front.jpg

micro-hothworld-front.jpg

To Canadian board members, check your local Walmart if looking for Wave 2 TVC figures, i picked up Anakin and Commander Cody this morning for $6.82 each, they are on sale. :)

I'd rather have a Death Star than SD. Just release 1:18 scale versions of the old Kenner Micro World Death Star playsets that can interconnect. Ditto Bespin World and Hoth World.

micro-dsworld-front.jpg

micro-bespinworld-front.jpg

micro-hothworld-front.jpg

Yeah :(

when you think about it for awhile. There is not much you could put in a star destroyer besides the meditation chamber, couple of crew pits and docking bays. Not possible unless you use micro machines.

Playsets...I mean big playsets would be neat. Hasbro needs to make a HUGE death star playset. Like the star destroyer idea. HUGE and MASSIVE.

It would cost alot but who cares. It would be neat. :)

Yeah :(

when you think about it for awhile. There is not much you could put in a star destroyer besides the meditation chamber, couple of crew pits and docking bays. Not possible unless you use micro machines.

Playsets...I mean big playsets would be neat. Hasbro needs to make a HUGE death star playset. Like the star destroyer idea. HUGE and MASSIVE.

It would cost alot but who cares. It would be neat. :)

sw7.jpg

sw8.jpg

Back