Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice set up icruise....im digging the 3 different versions of Jabba displays you have...

At the rate sideshow puts out their products, we will never see all those characters in our life time... :(

I think the backdrop looks pretty good, icruise. I don't know if this is an option for you but you might want to mount the backdrop onto some stronger board or foamcore if the flimsiness is an issue (I don't know if you like to keep your stuff un-modded).

Great set up!

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. But I think now that I've got it set up in there it will be fine. If I wanted to actually play with it, it would be a different story. It's just a total fail as a "playset."

Picked up Jabba tonight, for a Hasbro figure, he's so awesome, only took 27 years to beat their original figure, but they finally did it, the failure of the Ultra Jabba has been redeemed.

Yup, it's a good one. Well worth the wait. It did however make me want the vintage one, o another thirty bucks pent and I have vintage one coming.

I'm happy to still have the vintage Jabba I got when I was 4, still one of the best Christmas presents ever, and pretty much every time I was sick as a kid, I played with my Jabba and watched ROTJ at some point.

Nice. I never had Jabba when I was a kid, I was "too old". But the kid across the street had him, and I always thought it was great.

Very nice, it's a small detail, but kudos to Hasbro for even catching the cut in his tail, though oddly, they sculpted a slit on the left side of his head that isn't supposed to be there, like they think the one on the right side was his ear and gave him one on the left, but I'm pretty sure the one on the puppet is just a random thing.

Very nice, it's a small detail, but kudos to Hasbro for even catching the cut in his tail, though oddly, they sculpted a slit on the left side of his head that isn't supposed to be there, like they think the one on the right side was his ear and gave him one on the left, but I'm pretty sure the one on the puppet is just a random thing.

I thought that, too, but I don't mind one bit - I like symmetry, and it's one of the few symmetrical things Hasbro's Jabba has. :p

Picking up the new Hasbro Jabba made me want a vintage one. $40.00 shipped later, and I got all this...

vintage_jabba.jpg

They are all mint and complete too. Luke was even the painted hair version, which was awesome!

Got my Jabba today (a day early) and it looks cool so far.. maybe I'll post picks when it get it all set up.

Is the new Vintage Grievous worth getting? I am afraid he wont stand.

Basically the same one from two years ago, but with the cloth cape and added wrist articulation. Someone mentioned on another board that the head is new too.
So, he will stand about as well as the last one. I drilled holes in that one so he could use a stand. Works well.

So he is worth it you think? Thanks, I was debating on whether or not to hunt him down. i haven't seen him around town yet. All we have are Anakins and Sidious'.

I just think it depends on if you have the last one or not, and if you do if you think the new changes are worth buying him twice. I'd like the cape, but not enough to buy him again to open. ( I did pick him up to keep carded, the Vintage cardbacks are awesome!)

Picking up the new Hasbro Jabba made me want a vintage one. $40.00 shipped later, and I got all this...

vintage_jabba.jpg

They are all mint and complete too. Luke was even the painted hair version, which was awesome!

Damn dude, congrats on the awesome score. $40 is a steal for that setup :rock

I just think it depends on if you have the last one or not, and if you do if you think the new changes are worth buying him twice. I'd like the cape, but not enough to buy him again to open. ( I did pick him up to keep carded, the Vintage cardbacks are awesome!)

I agree, the new vintag card backs are pretty cool looking. I don't have the first version of this guy so I think I may get him. The cape looks pretty amazing. I am also thinking of getting Cody. Isn't he a brand new sculpt?

Finally found a Jabba at Walmart this morning.

Do any of you buy your figures by the case? If so, where from?

I used to buy cases from New Force Comics but they are no longer selling them.

Entertainment Earth and BBTS are the two places I've looked at recently.

I was wondering if there were any other good options for buying cases besides those two.

unsung...awesome score, man. that painted hair luke is sweet! vintage = still the best (imo).

got my first rocket firing fett today. shipping package was beat to hell (as was the card inside). i was planning on opening one anyway. just hope the others i ordered are in nicer shape.

Back