Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the cardboard playset, since it is made of fairly flimsy cardboard (thick paper, really). But I know that some people like it.

I've been toying with a new arrangement for my Jabba figures. I still need to fill in some of the gaps with my vintage figures.

jabba_case1.jpg

jabba_case2.jpg

jabba_case3.jpg

jabba_case4.jpg

Is it just the way it photographs, or does your vintage Jabba really have that must distinction between his "green" and "orange" areas because mine is just monotone in person.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the cardboard playset, since it is made of fairly flimsy cardboard (thick paper, really). But I know that some people like it.

I actually just picked it up from a guy a few weeks ago for less than 10 bucks. It works for a quick set up when bored. Not great for a long term display.

Great collection, BTW!

The vintage Jabba does actually have some paint on its stomach, but it can be hard to see in some lighting conditions. The flash brings it out more.

I can tell they tried on mine, but it's barely noticable to the eye, and certainly nothing like the promotion photos, man, can you imagine if he'd shipped painted like that, would make him even cooler.

Oh yeah, the picture on the box is very different. You can see that he's supposed to be partially green, whereas on the finished figure it's so subtle that I wonder why they bothered. And just look at this conceptual prototype. I guess somewhere along the line they decided that it would be too expensive or time consuming to really give him a two-tone paint job.

Oh yeah, the picture on the box is very different. You can see that he's supposed to be partially green, whereas on the finished figure it's so subtle that I wonder why they bothered. And just look at this conceptual prototype. I guess somewhere along the line they decided that it would be too expensive or time consuming to really give him a two-tone paint job.

Wow, it's like the vintage to the 2010 Jabba comparing that to the released '83 sculpt, they really developed it a long way from that proto, but still cool to see where he started.

Found the ROTS wave at my Wal Mart tonight. Grabbed every one but the Magna Guard who I just didn't want. Cody is much improved simply because of the deco and the corrected belt. Haven't opened them yet, but may just do it soon. I have to say, I am loving the Vintage Collection.. now if I can only find the damn Snowspeeder.

man i really love the look of that shelf combining the old & new stuff i cruise...............:clap

a "the circle is now complete" way of showing off.........:lol

picture rated.......... 5 rocks it :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Went to my local Zellers today and picked up this big wing Tie for $31.69CAN(tax included), can't wait to bust this one out and replace my standard tie i have hanging from the ceiling chasing Red leader.

Great deal considering these were originally $79.99 then marked down to $39.99 and then now 30% off.
2sa0653.jpg

Nice pics and read up on this ---> https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=240

This is the best Tie Fighter toy ever released.

Last edited:
Nice score Valfar. If my closest Zellers was in fact closer I would've probably looked to grab two of these and one of those X-wings.

Oola looks a lot better w/out her undies... :lol don't ask me how I know that.

Anybody have a spare Slave Leia??

Nice score Valfar. If my closest Zellers was in fact closer I would've probably looked to grab two of these and one of those X-wings.

I am so impressed with this that i might actually go grab another. The only X-wing i have is Red Leader from the OTC line, if they released the POTF Luke X-wing with all the lights and sounds then i would be all over that. The X-wing at Zellers is Red 2 With Wedge and a astromech?, maybe a ladder to go with it?..hmm, maybe i might crack and get that too.

jabba_case1b.jpg

jabba_case2b.jpg

This is still a work in progress, but I decided to go ahead and add the POTF cardboard diorama to my case. As I said before, I'm not a big fan of it because it looks a little cheap and it's pretty flimsy. But I thought I should have it in my display since it's "historically" significant. Plus I needed a place to put my second-tier figures. By this I mean ones that they've made newer and better versions of, like Bib Fortuna or the upcoming Gamorrean Guard, or ones that I don't really like very much (like the ones from the Special Edition of ROTJ).

It was a little like assembling a ship in a bottle to get it in the case, but I figured it out. And I was able to solve the problem of the throne collapsing by cutting part of a thick cardboard box and putting it inside.

I still have one shelf at the bottom, so I plan to add the one-off Jabbas such as the Clone Wars Jabba, Ultra Jabba, and Jabba Glob figures there.

I think the backdrop looks pretty good, icruise. I don't know if this is an option for you but you might want to mount the backdrop onto some stronger board or foamcore if the flimsiness is an issue (I don't know if you like to keep your stuff un-modded).

Great set up!

Just got my first 3 Rocket Firing Boba Fett's. Anybody know if you can use the UPC on the card to mail away for more Boba Fett's?

Back