HASBRO AOU 18" Hulkbuster Titan Hero (WITH IN HAND PICS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked mine up from Ebay cheap since it had a patch that was discolored. I figured it would never be seen anyway.

What type of red did you use, its on point ! Can u show me a pic of the bottle

Last edited:
Step one, dismantle & prime - check :yess:
Going to let the primer harden/dry overnight & Tomorrow I put on the silver base coat :panic:
image.jpgimage.jpg

I just picked one of these 18" Hulkbuster from Walmart on clearance for $11.00 (2-5-16). Origanlly was going for $48.00. This is the one that opens up. Get them while you can.--

AFM

Right so today I applied the silver base coat, it went well I think,
Will work on it again next weekend, if my red paint shows up by then I'll be applying it with airbrush
Dat a55 tho'
:lolimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Very nice! Can't wait to see the red on it.
Just remember to thin it out. I use a disposable airbrush just for doing this type of work. The humbrol kit you can get cheap and if it gunks up, bin it and crack open a new one!

Very nice! Can't wait to see the red on it.
Just remember to thin it out. I use a disposable airbrush just for doing this type of work. The humbrol kit you can get cheap and if it gunks up, bin it and crack open a new one!

Thanks bud, like I said before this is my first attempt at trying anything like this :horror
so who knows whats gonna happen in the end :lol but I had to at least have a go.

thanks for tip mate, I have a humbrol airbrush & a bottle of humbrol thinners coming this week and the gaia clear red (the one from the link you sent) I ordered 3 bottles just in case, coming whenever, the delivery ETA is a bit random, but if it's not here I can start on the gold 'punchy fist things'
I'm learning as I go...:wink1:

Thanks bud, like I said before this is my first attempt at trying anything like this :horror
so who knows whats gonna happen in the end :lol but I had to at least have a go.

thanks for tip mate, I have a humbrol airbrush & a bottle of humbrol thinners coming this week and the gaia clear red (the one from the link you sent) I ordered 3 bottles just in case, coming whenever, the delivery ETA is a bit random, but if it's not here I can start on the gold 'punchy fist things'
I'm learning as I go...:wink1:

I am not sure of the humbrol thinners will work with the lacquer paint...
Pop by any Boots and pick up a bottle or two of acetone. That's the ticket.

I am not sure of the humbrol thinners will work with the lacquer paint...
Pop by any Boots and pick up a bottle or two of acetone. That's the ticket.

and this is why I love the forums and all the more experienced people...thanks bud, I really do wanna get it right, I'll go get some acetone!
cheers :clap

Do you have a quality air brush? I use a Grex. I've tried lots of them but the Grex is easiest to use, great spray and I can use it for hours without hand cramping and whatnot.

update: just ordered some acetone from amazon, I have prime so will be here sharpish :hi5: thanks again @username
I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time I need to hit you up for tips & info :huh:huh:bow

Do you have a quality air brush? I use a Grex. I've tried lots of them but the Grex is easiest to use, great spray and I can use it for hours without hand cramping and whatnot.

I was mistaken earlier I've actually ordered the badger 250 It's not something I'll be using much. Just for this project (which I'm calling Project: Veronnica :wink1::lol)
If I get the bug then I'll invest in something better.

Back