Has TPM Aged Well for You?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has TPM aged well for you?

• Yes

Votes: 67 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 42 38.5%

• Total voters
It's a LOT better then people give it credit for. If Tweaked just a little but it's really quite good, I have an edited version of the film called "Balance of the Force". It makes quite a difference.

Agent0028 said:
:mwaha Hopefully even he couldn't get that wrong.

You mean babies don't come from little green screens?! :horror

jarjarbinks1.gif

denger4000 said:
It's a LOT better then people give it credit for. If Tweaked just a little but it's really quite good, I have an edited version of the film called "Balance of the Force". It makes quite a difference.

That's a great edit! The Neimoidian reverse speech could use some work, but the guy managed to make the Trade Federation an extremely sinister organization.

Amanaman said:
That's a great edit! The Neimoidian reverse speech could use some work, but the guy managed to make the Trade Federation an extremely sinister organization.

Where can I find this? :confused: :wave

abstractharmony said:
(i just wish that Uncle George would have actually had Anakin kill Padme.)
Well since Leia either has an awesome memory, or the continuity is screwed up anyways, I agree that would be better than the losing the will to live bit.

part of the problem with the prequel trilogy is that we already knew all of the coming revelations... Anakin / Vader... Palpatine / Sidious... Dooku / Tyrannus... tough circumstance to build a suspenseful trilogy when we already know all of the answers. in my eyes, focus should have been taken off building mystery and put on character development... everyone has an opinion on what should have happened...

hell, i can't resist either...

Anakin should have been Luke's age in TPM... the prequel trilogy would have been stronger with more parallels to the OT... two boys from Tatooine and the paths they choose...

Sidious should have aligned with legions of Mandalorians instead of a droid army... imagine Mandalorians at war with clones of themselves...

Darth Maul should have had a Vader - like longevity within the prequels...

Gungans should have been Wookies... Chewbacca would have had Jar Jar's role (when i say role, i don't mean verbatim)... it would have tied nicely with the initial Cantina scene from A New Hope where Obi Wan and Chewbacca reacquaint...

Padme's death of a broken heart may have been my least favorite part of the trilogy... it should be known that Darth Vader is fully responsible for her death.

again, it is easy to say "would have could have"... fun too!

Yeah a tad.

But one thing (and many) remain.

Young Kenobi Padawan Who woulda thought since 77 we'd see a paddy kenobi!:cool:

(and ewan was perfect sent from the gods for the role)All the other **** in the movie? 75% of it was great to me!

200px-Obiwan.jpg

I have to say that for a film nerd, TPM has the least problems overall.

ROTS has some great moments but there's so much going on that a lot of it isn't fully realized or fleshed out. Order 66 was supposed to be like.... OMG.

Ben Kenobi says "Darth Vader helped the empire hunt down and destroy the jedi knights"

I wish the movie was more like that sentence alone because what we saw on screen is more like "Darth Vader killed a bunch of padawans. Padawans. Stupid word huh?"

Also TPM had the moment where Anakin and Obi-Wan would first meet. It was a very cute moment... but that litle moment was never properly fleshed out in ep2 and ep3. They were supposed to be really good friends. They only shared one chuckle at the beginning of ep2. I wanted more of that.

TPM has some enjoyable moments, such as Maul's scenes or the Podrace, but as a whole, I now deem it almost unwatchable. All the Gungans and especially Jar Jar make it especially painful to suffer through.

Coheteboy said:
ROTS has some great moments but there's so much going on that a lot of it isn't fully realized or fleshed out. Order 66 was supposed to be like.... OMG.

Ben Kenobi says "Darth Vader helped the empire hunt down and destroy the jedi knights"

I wish the movie was more like that sentence alone because what we saw on screen is more like "Darth Vader killed a bunch of padawans.

Also TPM had the moment where Anakin and Obi-Wan would first meet. It was a very cute moment... but that litle moment was never properly fleshed out in ep2 and ep3. They were supposed to be really good friends. They only shared one chuckle at the beginning of ep2. I wanted more of that.

As much as I am enjoy all the good aspects of Phantom Menace right now, I think you hit upon the major problem with the Prequels. These character moments just didn't come to fruition. There's a lot of awesome stuff in the prequels, but they never achieve this level of character or story development which would have made them a more epic and meaningful prelude to the original trilogy.

I think this is also the biggest argument for why the prequels should have essentially been 'Attack of the Clones' and 'Revenge of the Sith' fleshed out and restructured over the course of three movies instead of two, dropping EPI altogether.

This structure would have given us Anakin at Luke's age, a better development of Anakin and Obi-wan's relationship as friends and brothers-in-arms, a true resonance and rationale concerning Anakin's betrayal, and the time for Anakin's issues to truly transform him from Jedi hero to Sith Lord. And yeah, he should have hunted down the Jedi instead of having the clones do it.

Ultimate Weapon I agree with you completely.
If they had taken AOTC and ROTS and spread it out over 3 movies there would have been more room for character development. Count Dooku would have felt more like a threat if he was in at least the majority of one film. The courtship between Padme and Anakin would have been more believable and Anakin's descent to the Dark Side would have been more gradual, not as rushed as it seemed in ROTS.

Also, wouldn't it have been cool to have Darth Vader in all his might on screen for more than the last 2 minutes? Half of ROTS could have been Vader hunting down the rest of the Jedi and flexing his cyborg muscle.

Oh well.

Ultimate Weapon said:
As much as I am enjoy all the good aspects of Phantom Menace right now, I think you hit upon the major problem with the Prequels. These character moments just didn't come to fruition. There's a lot of awesome stuff in the prequels, but they never achieve this level of character or story development which would have made them a more epic and meaningful prelude to the original trilogy.

I think this is also the biggest argument for why the prequels should have essentially been 'Attack of the Clones' and 'Revenge of the Sith' fleshed out and restructured over the course of three movies instead of two, dropping EPI altogether.

This structure would have given us Anakin at Luke's age, a better development of Anakin and Obi-wan's relationship as friends and brothers-in-arms, a true resonance and rationale concerning Anakin's betrayal, and the time for Anakin's issues to truly transform him from Jedi hero to Sith Lord. And yeah, he should have hunted down the Jedi instead of having the clones do it.

Yah, you're probably right about the courtship between Anakin and Padme. At Anakin's age in ep1, there's no way that Padme would even look at him with any real interest. Ok so he won the race and built a naked robot... that's impressive but a young girl wouldn't even file that in her brain under the "romance" folder.

But overall, even with ep1 being the way it was, ep2 and ep3 still could have delivered the goods a lot better. All it needed was another brain to handle the acting and dialogue of the actors. Let George lay the story down and make sure all the effects are good.

Sometimes two heads ARE better than one. Empire Strikes Back and the entire Indiana Jones trilogy is a perfect example of that.

Back