HAPPY PS3 LAUNCH DAY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonolimy

Freakzoid
Reaction score
IM FED UP WITH FLIPPERS, IM A HARDCORE GAMER AND HAVE BEEN SO SINCE I WAS 4 YEARS OLD AND TO HERE THAT ABOUT 95% OF THE PEOPLE GETTING THE PS3 ARE SELLING THEM ON EBAY WHILE THE HARD OF THE HARDCORE ARE STANDING BEHIND THEM MISSING OUT. LUCKY FOR ME I HAVE HAD MINE ON PRE-ORDER FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND AND PROBABLY WONT GET MY SYSTEM FOR ANOTHER DAY OR SO, IT JUST MAKES ME SICK TO SEE THESE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO LIFE, GET A PRODUCT THAT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT AND SOME FOLKS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY STANDING IN LINE FOR JUST TO SELL THEM ON EBAY. THE LAST TIME I CHECKED EBAY, THERE WERE 112 PAGES OF PS3 CONSLES WITH 25 CONSOLES PER PAGE. THAT UTTERLY MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH. YEAH, YEAH I KNOW ITS THE AMERICAN WAY, BUT I SIDE WITH SONY AND THERE ACTIONS NOT WANT TO WASTE THERE LAUNCH ON PEOPLE WHO JUST TURN AROUND AND SELL THE THING. IM ANGRY, AND WISH PEOPLE WOULD CREATE THERE OWN ORIGINAL IDEA AND SELL IT AND NOT SELL SOMETHING THAT THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH. :monkey4

Well if people are stupid enough to pay double and triple for it then it will never end. The only way to stop people from trying to flip is to stop buying from them.

You shouldn't blame the flippers, even though I don't agree with what they do, it is the people buying who are the problem. If people weren't such flippin idiots and just payed retail then there wouldn't be a market.

I have been playing videogames since PONG.. and I would have sold my PS3 in a heartbeat if I got one. If somebody wants to give me $2000 cause they can't wait 6 months than its all theirs.

Heh, I saw some selling for like $3,000

Ridiculous.

And what's with the all of the rappers buying PS3's? They are for playing games, not for being worn around their neck...

sonolimy said:
BUT I SIDE WITH SONY AND THERE ACTIONS NOT WANT TO WASTE THERE LAUNCH ON PEOPLE WHO JUST TURN AROUND AND SELL THE THING. IM ANGRY, AND WISH PEOPLE WOULD CREATE THERE OWN ORIGINAL IDEA AND SELL IT AND NOT SELL SOMETHING THAT THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH. :monkey4

How can you side with Sony when it is completely their fault by not being able to produce as many units as stated they would have? They created this whole mess with their production shortages, heavy allocation cuts and pushed back their European launch. Had they met their original number of units, there wouldn't have been as many people trying to make a quick buck on these and would have still sold out.

EVEN THOUGH I AM GETTING ONE IM COMPLAINING BECAUSE I REMEMBER A DAY WHEN PEOPLE BOUGHT THINGS TO USE THEM NOT TO MAKE A RIDICULOUS 2ND PARTY AMOUNT OF MONEY. YOU CANT BLAME THE PEOPLE THAT ARE BUYING THEM FOR THE 2000.00 DOLLARS EITHER, BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE ARE BUYING THEM TO USE THEM AND ENJOY THEM FOR THE REASON THAT THEY WERE MADE,NOT TO BE GREEDY AND MAKE A STUPID AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT ISN'T DESERVED. SONY DOESN'T WANT TO SELL TO THE FLIPPERS. THEY ARE ALREADY LOSING 200 TO 300 DOLLARS PER UNIT AS IS. DO YOU THINK SONY WANTS THEIR MACHINE IN THE HANDS IN THE HAND OF UNDESERVING PEOPLE. THATS WHY THEY WERE CUTTING BACK SOME OF THE SHIPMENTS IN SOME AREAS AND GOING TO EBAY TO CANCEL THE PRE-ORDERS THAT WERE BEING POSTED.

sonolimy said:
DO YOU THINK SONY WANTS THEIR MACHINE IN THE HANDS IN THE HAND OF UNDESERVING PEOPLE. THATS WHY THEY WERE CUTTING BACK SOME OF THE SHIPMENTS IN SOME AREAS AND GOING TO EBAY TO CANCEL THE PRE-ORDERS THAT WERE BEING POSTED.

Dude, first lay off the caps seriously....

Secondly, what kind of logic is that? So Sony is cutting back on shipments so that the "undeserving people" can't get them but in turn causing even more people that actually want them to resort to eBay? Sony wants to create mobs and have people getting robbed or into fights?

sonolimy said:
EVEN THOUGH I AM GETTING ONE IM COMPLAINING BECAUSE I REMEMBER A DAY WHEN PEOPLE BOUGHT THINGS TO USE THEM NOT TO MAKE A RIDICULOUS 2ND PARTY AMOUNT OF MONEY. YOU CANT BLAME THE PEOPLE THAT ARE BUYING THEM FOR THE 2000.00 DOLLARS EITHER, BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE ARE BUYING THEM TO USE THEM AND ENJOY THEM FOR THE REASON THAT THEY WERE MADE,NOT TO BE GREEDY AND MAKE A STUPID AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT ISN'T DESERVED. SONY DOESN'T WANT TO SELL TO THE FLIPPERS. THEY ARE ALREADY LOSING 200 TO 300 DOLLARS PER UNIT AS IS. DO YOU THINK SONY WANTS THEIR MACHINE IN THE HANDS IN THE HAND OF UNDESERVING PEOPLE. THATS WHY THEY WERE CUTTING BACK SOME OF THE SHIPMENTS IN SOME AREAS AND GOING TO EBAY TO CANCEL THE PRE-ORDERS THAT WERE BEING POSTED.
HAHAHAH! Sony doesn't care if a flipper or a gamer buys it because no matter what, the PS3 will eventually be played with and someone will buy games for it. Sony is first and foremost a business who cares about profit. They did this shortage thing on purpose to create a demand for a console that in my opinion is lack-luster. And I think the blame should be put on the buyers, can't they f-ing wait for a couple of months. If they are impatient and stupid enough to buy it, let them, it's their money not yours.

P.S. Dude what's with the freakin caps?

Natrix said:
Dude, first lay off the caps seriously....

Secondly, what kind of logic is that? So Sony is cutting back on shipments so that the "undeserving people" can't get them but in turn causing even more people that actually want them to resort to eBay? Sony wants to create mobs and have people getting robbed or into fights?

I agree that this theory doesn't make any sense.

I'll play devil's advocate here and surely get flamed, but here goes -
Flippers suck when they're flipping a mass-produced but not readily available item as a prequel to the holiday season. Get a job and earn your money the traditional way. I'm a softy gamer but my friends are demon gamers and pissed off about this launch as well. The media outlets that are making a point to focus on the greedy people with no lives who have camped out for days under tarps just to turn a profit on this thing, that irritates me to no end. And I did see the dunderhead who had NO IDEA what he was in line for and thought he was ripe for a beatdown for even admitting that. But I digress. Hopefully Sony will follow through with their plan to ship the units swiftly over the next few days and show some respect to the consumer. I dare to dream...

to make it worse look at all the retail/etail stores using the "bundles". that is crap, making you buy something else to get it. i understand they are in business to make money but this is taking gross advantage of the situation. even walmart joined the screwing by making you pay $1,400 for their online bundle.

Compusa had a bundle that you have to but a 42 inch LCD monitor or bigger in order to be privileged enough to get a PS3. the retailers are equally as bad as the flippers.

This is completely supply and demand thing. IMHO, Sony should have delayed the launch until a larger supply had built up OR raised the retail on these bad boys to about $1200 until they had enough units or until people stopped buying them then lower price when things level out.

not sure what you are trying to prove with this thread, but dont cry because nobody else agrees with you. sony doesnt care who gets the PS3, they still get their money no matter what. do you think they care if someone is dumb enough to pay $2k for a system?? nope, because they think of it as an achievement.

I got a PS3 and only had to wait an hour and a half for it, and you know what, I'm gonna sell it. Even if I wanted to keep the system, I would sell it and get my "free" system in a couple of months. It's not my fault people aren't as patient as I am.

Bannister said:
I got a PS3 and only had to wait an hour and a half for it, and you know what, I'm gonna sell it. Even if I wanted to keep the system, I would sell it and get my "free" system in a couple of months. It's not my fault people aren't as patient as I am.

lol...i agree. thats why i waited to get my 360. wait until you can get it off the shelf. save money and headaches because by then the kinks should be worked out of the system.

Back