1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a $50 thank you code from SSC so went for the Speeder Bike. Once those rewards have come through I'll have $100 in rewards so might treat myself to this as the third of my 'non-figure' pieces following the bike and the Probe Droid.

I wonder how Sideshow determines who gets those. I’ve been buying figures for around six years and a lot of what I have has come from them. It’d be cool to get one. I’d even consider putting it towards this as I think $200 would be a bit more reasonable.

I wonder how Sideshow determines who gets those. I’ve been buying figures for around six years and a lot of what I have has come from them. It’d be cool to get one. I’d even consider putting it towards this as I think $200 would be a bit more reasonable.

Yeah, there's been years where I've bought more than 6 figs from SSC and never got one.

I normally get a standard $25 thank you code after each figure has been sent out. I was surprised as anyone to go to my codes and see that one for $50. I'm not sure if it got changed from a regular $25 one because it was sat in their warehouse for a while, seemingly lost, before DHL started an investigation into why the figure wasn't picked up from the depot when I'd already paid duty here in the UK on it. Either way... it all just goes straight back into SSC's pockets with interest!

$225 I think. Plus rewards of course. So sort of like $213.75. Tempting indeed — feels kinda like an accessory like the chair for the emperor (this being for Boba of course but at quite a high price).

I just know my luck. I’ll order this and han bespin hot Toys with carbonite block will be announced. Doesn’t seem likely with the apparent slowdown, but hot toys makes less sense than my wife. That’s saying a lot.

Trying to decide between this or the Probe Droid. Also kind of eyeing the ESB Boba Fett standard edition as it’s got free shipping but no other discount.

Trying to decide between this or the Probe Droid. Also kind of eyeing the ESB Boba Fett standard edition as it’s got free shipping but no other discount.

Well, there are other less expensive versions of Han in Carbonite available. And also there’s the potential for Hot Toys to take a run at it.

The Probe Droid on the other hand... it’s really highly regarded and there’s less likelihood that Hot Toys would make one.

If that kind of logic helps...?

Well, there are other less expensive versions of Han in Carbonite available. And also there’s the potential for Hot Toys to take a run at it.

The Probe Droid on the other hand... it’s really highly regarded and there’s less likelihood that Hot Toys would make one.

If that kind of logic helps...?
It does help! I actually am leaning a bit more towards the Probe Droid. Like you said it’s probably less likely to be revisited by Hot Toys and is a pretty cool looking piece. This Han is cool too, but I feel like still is pricey and has some flaws. I think Han could be displayed a couple ways pretty cool (either with Boba or part of a Bespin display), whereas I don’t have a Hoth set up for the Probe Droid but I think it could display just on its own.

It does help! I actually am leaning a bit more towards the Probe Droid. Like you said it’s probably less likely to be revisited by Hot Toys and is a pretty cool looking piece. This Han is cool too, but I feel like still is pricey and has some flaws. I think Han could be displayed a couple ways pretty cool (either with Boba or part of a Bespin display), whereas I don’t have a Hoth set up for the Probe Droid but I think it could display just on its own.

Probe droid (it being light is the only complaint other than the battery leakage issues) is very impressive, I can't imagine the solitary Han block would seem as impressive considering the prices are the same. Trying to slow down my buying but everything looks so damned good right now.

Probe droid (it being light is the only complaint other than the battery leakage issues) is very impressive, I can't imagine the solitary Han block would seem as impressive considering the prices are the same. Trying to slow down my buying but everything looks so damned good right now.
I think to me at least Han in carbonite is more iconic, but the Probe Droid is the better figure.

It’s tough to ever actually say I’m done. I think it’s that way for a lot of us. I am trying to keep my collecting now to mainly Star Wars and particularly Original Trilogy. Of course things slip in now and again still though.

There's a much better chance of HT making a Han in Carbonite. It would make for a nice deluxe set. A regular Bespin Han and a deluxe Bespin Han with Carbonite block. Like the deluxe Emperor with throne & DX Darth Maul with Speeder.

I highly doubt HT will ever make a Probe Droid.

Have to consider the size of the Probe Droid too. It looks gigantic and won't fit in a detolf if you have those.

Where did you get that image for the base from?

Sent from a point in space and time

Finished my display
d9cb083613b26ea0afb9a82174449975.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Where did you get the image for the base?

Sorry for the duplicate post

Sent from a point in space and time

I would be very cautious with ordering this with the Hot Toys Bespin Han waiting in the wings. I would be surprised if there wasn't a deluxe version with a carbonite block included.

You can pay $225 for SSC's version on discount, or buy HT's version for $330 for the figure and the block.

I would be very cautious with ordering this with the Hot Toys Bespin Han waiting in the wings. I would be surprised if there wasn't a deluxe version with a carbonite block included.

You can pay $225 for SSC's version on discount, or buy HT's version for $330 for the figure and the block.

You are definitely right about that....I hope it does happen. It annoys me how much any SS figure price drops to ridiculous level once HT announces their version.

JESM.

Back