1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick pic's

Attachments

• carbon 7g.jpg
    carbon 7g.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 242
  • carbon 5e.jpg
    carbon 5e.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 243
Decided to pull the trigger on this with the eBay 20% off coupon. Still not exactly happy with around $230 including shipping but this felt like something I needed to grab. Even if it should have been in the $150 range plus shipping.

I really don't like the clunky, obtrusive base and that huge ugly post that supports it. I'm hoping to rig something up that doesn't look like it should have come free with a Blu-ray purchase or something.

Decided to pull the trigger on this with the eBay 20% off coupon. Still not exactly happy with around $230 including shipping but this felt like something I needed to grab. Even if it should have been in the $150 range plus shipping.

I really don't like the clunky, obtrusive base and that huge ugly post that supports it. I'm hoping to rig something up that doesn't look like it should have come free with a Blu-ray purchase or something.

For sure it's not worth the retail price. But it's pretty cool although not entirely screen accurate. The magnetic panels on the side are nicely executed. Think I reluctantly bought it awhile back with an eBay coupon too, I needed it for Joost's truscale dio. The shipping box is huge.

For sure it's not worth the retail price. But it's pretty cool although not entirely screen accurate. The magnetic panels on the side are nicely executed. Think I reluctantly bought it awhile back with an eBay coupon too, I needed it for Joost's truscale dio. The shipping box is huge.

Yeah, those are the main reason I grabbed it. It's yet another example of Sideshow's insulting/absurd pricing, but my guess is even if HT does one, by the time it's up for PO it'll be close to $200 anyway.

The sculpt still isn't great, but its better than the first SSC polystone version. I still think the best 1/6 cabronite sculpt is the hasbro version, but it's slightly oversized, between 1/6 and 1/5 like a lot of Hasbro stuff.

And why is the shipping box huge? It's a plastic item with a cheapo plastic base. I always thought the fragile polystone was the reason for the massive shipping boxes.

Well, scored one at a reduced price and pennies from Popcultcha. In hand and on the shelf, it’s actually pretty impressive. Wouldn’t pay retail though.
Anyway, he pairs nicely with Boba Fett!
28cf74a4c085b670466ccaa087ed0c9e.jpg
c4db7f6ace54c012e12903d92ddb57dc.jpg
6fdaae2af94a3aab482c277c406ef499.jpg
96922bb8d7b978fce13490eae59aaee8.jpg
cb1902067fbc1b7fc997ebfc5c318a68.jpg
45f4901a004fb18a169e2f49c6e2faea.jpg
9bc0731895787d750a695a24522de86d.jpg
3314cbcb17c6cb977c3e32f03c31ee31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you dry brush a bit of gunmetal on there or is that stock?

I mostly got it to pair with my custom Bespin guard and Ugnaught so I guess I'll have to use the Bespin base, even though it's a ROTJ style block, not ESB.

Did you dry brush a bit of gunmetal on there or is that stock?

I mostly got it to pair with my custom Bespin guard and Ugnaught so I guess I'll have to use the Bespin base, even though it's a ROTJ style block, not ESB.

It’s stock. I saw in JazzInc’s review that he added some silver rub. I found that the lighting helped pick up the highlights without adding to it.
I’d love to see the ugnaught and Bespin guard. Figures Sideshow should have been cranking out years ago when prices were lower.[emoji846]

It’s stock. I saw in JazzInc’s review that he added some silver rub. I found that the lighting helped pick up the highlights without adding to it.
I’d love to see the ugnaught and Bespin guard. Figures Sideshow should have been cranking out years ago when prices were lower.[emoji846]

Oh, okay. Will have to take a look to see if I'll need to do the dry brush or not. You lighting looks really cool. Not sure I can swing that nice of a lights set-up.

Haven't quite finished the Ugnaught yet (maybe 3/4s done - very tough fig to get looking perfect,) but here's Bespin Guard before I got some fabric tape to close his shirt. He has a swappable head to become the "Kenner moustache guard" look. I'll post an Ugnaught WIP and better Besp guard pic when the carbonite gets here early next wee.

J3cwonD.png

Oh, okay. Will have to take a look to see if I'll need to do the dry brush or not. You lighting looks really cool. Not sure I can swing that nice of a lights set-up.

Haven't quite finished the Ugnaught yet (maybe 3/4s done - very tough fig to get looking perfect,) but here's Bespin Guard before I got some fabric tape to close his shirt. He has a swappable head to become the "Kenner moustache guard" look. I'll post an Ugnaught WIP and better Besp guard pic when the carbonite gets here early next wee.

J3cwonD.png

Wow! The guard looks great. Love that you’ve got another moustache head too. The original Kenner toy looked like a kid from my high school (his facial hair came in early).
Thanks re: my lights! They’re just cheap led strips running off USB power from Ebay. Pretty simple to daisy-chain them around the shelves. I just have to tidy up the wires. I’ve been wanting them for years and finally bit the bullet. Slowly approaching my ideal room. This forum has been a great inspiration. Your customs are awesome too, by the way.

Yeah, those are the main reason I grabbed it. It's yet another example of Sideshow's insulting/absurd pricing, but my guess is even if HT does one, by the time it's up for PO it'll be close to $200 anyway.

The sculpt still isn't great, but its better than the first SSC polystone version. I still think the best 1/6 cabronite sculpt is the hasbro version, but it's slightly oversized, between 1/6 and 1/5 like a lot of Hasbro stuff.

And why is the shipping box huge? It's a plastic item with a cheapo plastic base. I always thought the fragile polystone was the reason for the massive shipping boxes.

I stored the box and can't remember exactly how it was packed but the base has a lot to do with the size I think. It's not 1/4 statue size but huge compared to a 1/6 figure box.

The right light does make it pop a good deal more. Mine lives in the carbon freeze dio and the white light from above combined with the orange-ish light coming up through the floor looks pretty cool. I am happy to have it despite the cost.

The base is nice albeit kind of awkward to display because of height. It changes the level of Carbonite Han relative to other figures even if they are also standing on bases. I will never use it anyway because of the dio. If I didn't have the carbon freeze chamber I probably would be working on a custom Jabba's palace wall.

Is that Boba stock? Looks good.

Hi boys and galz.
Got this figure, I intend to open it very soon. Any tips/tricks/problems/fixes/best practices that have been came up with inside this thread?
Thanks to those, helpful ones, willing to spare me going through so many posts...!!
Regards,
m.

Hi boys and galz.
Got this figure, I intend to open it very soon. Any tips/tricks/problems/fixes/best practices that have been came up with inside this thread?
Thanks to those, helpful ones, willing to spare me going through so many posts...!!
Regards,
m.

Hi AB. It’s one of the simpler figures you’ll open. The instructions are very straight forward. Maybe check the battery compartments for leaky batteries. Other than that, crack that sucker open and get it on the shelf ASAP......and pics! Lots of pics. [emoji846][emoji2][emoji41]

Awesome custom, Tali! :clap

I would like to have Han in Carbonite but I just can't justify the price. And that base/floating system seems so awkward. I'm hoping HT eventually makes one as part of an exclusive for Bespin Han or something.

Slightly off topic, but something that always bothered me and wondered about was Han's restraints. He was shackled on his wrists and his biceps. But obviously the shackles disappeared when he was encased. If they dissolved, I wouldn't think he would have had the time to raise his hands in the Neil Tyson "We got a badass" meme pose*. I'm sure there must be an explanation somewhere out there. Anyone know what some theories are?

looks-like-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Slightly off topic, but something that always bothered me and wondered about was Han's restraints. He was shackled on his wrists and his biceps. But obviously the shackles disappeared when he was encased. If they dissolved, I wouldn't think he would have had the time to raise his hands in the Neil Tyson "We got a badass" meme pose*. I'm sure there must be an explanation somewhere out there. Anyone know what some theories are?

It's not off topic when it's Star Wars.
As for the shackles... You realise that two ugnaughts removed those, right? Just go to "I love you. I know", and right after, they remove the wrist shackles.
As for the arm restraints, they were made of room temperature carbonite. They became part of the block when it solidified, and melted when he was thawed out in Jabba's palace.

It's not off topic when it's Star Wars.
As for the shackles... You realise that two ugnaughts removed those, right? Just go to "I love you. I know", and right after, they remove the wrist shackles.
As for the arm restraints, they were made of room temperature carbonite. They became part of the block when it solidified, and melted when he was thawed out in Jabba's palace.

Ah, yes, you're right about the wrist shackles! I figured it would have been something like carbonite shackles that just dissolved into the rest of the stuff. Is that official canon or is that how you rationalized it?

Back