Gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the unicorn gundam from the gundam fix line is spectacular in detail and have a good amount of poseability but they usually fall in the quality control department. examples are blemished paint apps and parts that are hard to put on since they dont fit. these problems are to be expected since these figures are small and have so many pieces to put on. i would still recommend them when they are on clearance as they are great display pieces.

I agree i have several GFIX and there all awesome, but again parts never seem to stay on and usually they almost give you to many accessories. Half of the time theres like half of a whole other figure jjust sitting in the box because tehre so many parts.

Again as stated by freestyle, there small and expensive. Really cool figures and well articulated, but even then you have to be careful because sometimes again...because of the articulation armor plates usually fall off. Heres really how GFF (FIX) works...purchase, open, display and never touch it again, lol.

Some of the more expensive figures I usualy wait for clearance prices as well. If you want more of an "Action figure" you can actually play with you should check out the Robot Damashii line aka Robot Spirits. There what Bandai is doing to basically replace the GFF line because the line is starting to basically die in a sense and to compete with the Revoltech line they made Robot Damashii. I have a few of them and there pretty awesome figures and there cheaper than the FIX line. Your looking at prices between $30 and $50 for some of the bigger more elaborate figures. There worth a try, but if you've never had any gundam "figures" id start small before dropping a big chunk of money on a FIX because you might be dissappointed.

interesting. I think its cool cause i hated the fact he ended up like that. But then the movies cant go with ZZ since he is like that in the series. But what ever! Great show! loved Z probably my fav series in the UC universe! It also has the Best Beam Sword sound eva!!!!

yea its worth it, the new animation is simply great. im starting to get into zz gundam i never got the chance on seeing it. i dont know if its come out on regular dvd ?

GFF Metal Composite is replacement of the gundam fix figuration.
Or SUper HCM line "may not have metal".

Instead of soft revoltech material. You have that high quality metal and plastic.

1/144 GFF Metal Composite Psycho Gundam

They are also in scale to gundam 1/144 model kits. instead of the gff which is non scale and are tiny figures.

Better materials and mechanical mods to the joints can make things better for the gff. But that line is truely outdated. It cannot hold poses. A move of a arm can send all the armor tumbling down.

I agree i have several GFIX and there all awesome, but again parts never seem to stay on and usually they almost give you to many accessories. Half of the time theres like half of a whole other figure jjust sitting in the box because tehre so many parts.

Again as stated by freestyle, there small and expensive. Really cool figures and well articulated, but even then you have to be careful because sometimes again...because of the articulation armor plates usually fall off. Heres really how GFF (FIX) works...purchase, open, display and never touch it again, lol.

Some of the more expensive figures I usualy wait for clearance prices as well. If you want more of an "Action figure" you can actually play with you should check out the Robot Damashii line aka Robot Spirits. There what Bandai is doing to basically replace the GFF line because the line is starting to basically die in a sense and to compete with the Revoltech line they made Robot Damashii. I have a few of them and there pretty awesome figures and there cheaper than the FIX line. Your looking at prices between $30 and $50 for some of the bigger more elaborate figures. There worth a try, but if you've never had any gundam "figures" id start small before dropping a big chunk of money on a FIX because you might be dissappointed.

The Metal composites arent really replacements, there just a spin off of whats all ready out there in the fix line. The metal composite are far and few between. They've only made a few of them and mostly all RX's with the exception of a few others. They havent done one ZEON in metal composite yet...

As for the HCM and HCM Pros there decent, but again all based on 1/144 and basically like buying a pre-built model. There super light weight and fragile, but at least they dont fall apart. By fragile I mean they dont have any weight to them.

Seriously if you want "Action figures" in the Gundam line, just get the Robot Damashii line.

I usually follow kit building in this order:

1. Snip out individual parts from the trees (as instructed by the manual).
2. Snip out the excess tree material that may remain on the parts.
3. Apply plastic cement, and attach parts together. Leave for 24 hours.
4. Sand out the whole part to a smooth finish, making sure to remove any dried smudges of plastic cement.
5. Spray primer (Tamiya). Leave for 6 hours.
7. Paint.

In my opinion, you should follow the steps that I listed if you want to turn your Gundam kit, into a sturdy Gundam action figure. The key, is applying either plastic cement, or super-glue to bond the parts together, before you paint. If you don't use some sort of chemical adhesive, then your finished Gundam kit will be flimsy and will tend to fall apart very easily.

Now, taking what I said into consideration, although spraying the trees directly will save time in the short run, I won't recommend it.

Hey - thanks for the detailed reply, much appreciated!

I have an old Turn-A kit, might give it a shot at building. Didn't care for the OVA too much, but I always liked the design of the mech.

I think they were. Yeah, it was some wacky stuff, pretty far from the original Gundam designs, but for some reason I liked it :lol

The show was wierd though.. But then again the ones I watched were horribly subbed and I'm sure a lot was lost in translation.

:lol Sounds like he's about to go a round of Soul Calibur.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tpqwY7tsZS4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tpqwY7tsZS4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Started Watching Gundam Victory and i dont like the BESPAS suits. that insect looking head with 2 eyes is a nono for me.

I still have yet to see Turn A Gundam. But, it has one of the best songs that was composed by Yoko Kanno.

Turn a Gundam end theme:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PU35fJNtxp8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PU35fJNtxp8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I still have yet to see Turn A Gundam. But, it has one of the best songs that was composed by Yoko Kanno.

Turn a Gundam end theme:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PU35fJNtxp8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PU35fJNtxp8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yoko Kanno is amazing!!! what ever she does she kicks ass at it!! its the One thing that im looking forward to watching this Series!!

Wow that end theme was awesome. Ive never heard that before. Ive never actually seen any of Turn A, I just know about the main Mobile Suit with the stash :)

Gonna go DL that song now.

Did anyone looking forward for the upcoming Perfect Grade 1/60 Strike Freedom Gundam with shining golden inner frame?

Would love to see it. I'm way too much of a rookie to try and do a PG, but man they are great.

Someday I would love to have the classic RX-78 & Zaku professionally done.

4998474174_972fd82627_b.jpg

4998473772_251dd93d56_b.jpg

4997869369_4eb994b054_b.jpg

Back