Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt that you were justified with the VERP 12.

I have a SPAS 12 and I love it. But I don't kid myself...that thing is heavy as hell.

I'd definitely hold onto the Spas 12. My son has one too. That thing is an absolute blast to shoot.

Very true. I bought it from a fellow Marine in 1988 for 400.00.

We were on guard duty and the unit went to the range to do a familiarization fire with the 870s. They told us we could bring our own weapons. But when I brought the SPAS, the RSO refused to allow it on the fireline citing a lack of time.

But when he asked to see it...and saw it...he changed his mind. I think there were 12-15 of us out there that day and I let everyone put 7 rounds through it. It spent a lot of time in my brother's attic in Texas because I did not get it registered in time in California. But I keep it here in AZ where I can get to it readily (I work here in AZ 6 months out of the year).

I am pretty sure it has fewer than 1,000 rounds through it and it is in awesome shape. But it does not have the same value that many do as I never got the safety conversion done to it.

I am told that I still can...but it is getting very hard to find the parts any more.

Here is the shot of it that I posted a little over a year ago.

DSC08262.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a wishlist that I finally had to put on paper, because it was getting a little long. I'm throwing much of it on the backburner in favor of getting the most out of my bushmaster AR-15. I picked up a few exploding targets ranging from 2lb's to 4 lb's and an ammo can with 840 rds of red tracer rounds. Will post videos once I decide what I'm blowing up! hehe

I wish I could do any of that stuff:( Have fun!

My list is never ending. I am stepping into the AR world. My shop says they're getting some new one's in later on this week.

Very true. I bought it from a fellow Marine in 1988 for 400.00.

We were on guard duty and the unit went to the range to do a familiarization fire with the 870s. They told us we could bring our own weapons. But when I brought the SPAS, the RSO refused to allow it on the fireline citing a lack of time.

But when he asked to see it...and saw it...he changed his mind. I think there were 12-15 of us out there that day and I let everyone put 7 rounds through it. It spent a lot of time in my brother's attic in Texas because I did not get it registered in time in California. But I keep it here in AZ where I can get to it readily (I work here in AZ 6 months out of the year).

I am pretty sure it has fewer than 1,000 rounds through it and it is in awesome shape. But it does not have the same value that many do as I never got the safety conversion done to it.

I am told that I still can...but it is getting very hard to find the parts any more.

Here is the shot of it that I posted a little over a year ago.

DSC08262.jpg

Nice, got a little history with that fine piece. Wow, $400 must of been alot too back in 88, but looks like you scored on it. Is that a colt?

Anyone ordered through Gun Genie to get it shipped to your LGS? I just found out that the local gun shop owner where I ordered the Arsenal S12 and cancelled it lied to me telling me I can't cancel it even though I ordered it just the night before calling him. He told me that it already shipped and an option is to just pay the shipping cost or what ever fee he charges and he will just buy it from me so he can sell it. After I got off the phone I called Gun Genie customer service and they told me it had not ship and I still can cancel. Wow, this made me realize the true colors of the gun shop owner, he just opened his shop only just a bit over a year, he could at least just get the gun from Gun Genie and just pay me the deposit I put towards it since he said how hard it is to get the S12. :dunno

I think it's a Beretta.

Sweet gun. Love the case too. My son recently found a fixed stock for his. The folder is really tough to find.

Also anyone know a good place to buy Yugo AK mags?

I think it's a Beretta.

Sweet gun. Love the case too. My son recently found a fixed stock for his. The folder is really tough to find.

:slap Can't really tell on my phone, the wood grips threw me off

Does Yugo AK works with Bulgy mags? I just bought some Bulgy steel mags brand new for $19 each, beats spending $35 on circle 10

Yeah they should work. I believe the Yugo mags are the only ones that lock the bolt back on the last round though.

Yeah they should work. I believe the Yugo mags are the only ones that lock the bolt back on the last round though.

Never knew that, I'm still new at AK. Never thought I would love them after bad mouthing them when I first got my DDM4 :lol
Don't knock it till you try it:monkey1

Need some input. I've been planning on buying a Keltec RFB after the holidays, but I'm frustrated to see the availability and prices fluctuating so much. Lately I've been looking at buying a PTR91. Another semi .308, and these are readily available. Does anyone here own one, or have experience firing one?? What is your input? Yay, Nay?? Mods, parts, ammo that I should research getting would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Nice, got a little history with that fine piece. Wow, $400 must of been alot too back in 88, but looks like you scored on it. Is that a colt?

Anyone ordered through Gun Genie to get it shipped to your LGS? I just found out that the local gun shop owner where I ordered the Arsenal S12 and cancelled it lied to me telling me I can't cancel it even though I ordered it just the night before calling him. He told me that it already shipped and an option is to just pay the shipping cost or what ever fee he charges and he will just buy it from me so he can sell it. After I got off the phone I called Gun Genie customer service and they told me it had not ship and I still can cancel. Wow, this made me realize the true colors of the gun shop owner, he just opened his shop only just a bit over a year, he could at least just get the gun from Gun Genie and just pay me the deposit I put towards it since he said how hard it is to get the S12. :dunno

I think it's a Beretta.

Actually it is a Taurus PT 92. It is a little older, I bought it the same year as my SPAS, but it is a Desert Storm Vet and therefore will never leave my ownership.

Need some input. I've been planning on buying a Keltec RFB after the holidays, but I'm frustrated to see the availability and prices fluctuating so much. Lately I've been looking at buying a PTR91. Another semi .308, and these are readily available. Does anyone here own one, or have experience firing one?? What is your input? Yay, Nay?? Mods, parts, ammo that I should research getting would be appreciated.

You can't go wrong with the PTR91. Cheap mags and plentiful spare parts. Get the new model from atlantic or the GI model.

Back