Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Hogue Grip, feels great.

DSC_0048-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I love my FNP-45 Tactical. I tried the Trijicon RMR red dot on it but found the sight picture to be too busy. I really need to buy a suppressor, maybe a TiRant 45.
002-20.jpg

very nice DerMann! i'd get a suppressor if i could legally but knowing our state they would jack up the price. it costs $600 just to get the legal paperwork to setup an NFA trust if i wanted to get a Taurus Judge as a registered AOW. *sigh*

btw, i noticed the same "tick" as you slightly pull the trigger on the FNP45. it's the same as the FNP9.

i can't wait to take these out to the range. :yess:

Omg, the glass on the ACOG is unreal! makes me feel like I have perfect vision looking through it. even 500 yds away things are still crystal clear. Can't wait to shoot it this saturday.

Robinson Arms XCR
380108368.jpg

This is the gun l have been looking into getting. Robinson XCR 5.56 or 7.62. It is only 1 of 5 military style tactical weapons that are non restricted here in Canada, so l don't have many options for those style rifles. l here they are hit and miss, either you get a lemon or it works great. They are pricey though at $2,200 or l am thinking of getting the Armalite 180B, it is also non restricted, they don't make Those rifles anymore, l would have to find a used one. Those two rifles you can pimp out pretty nice. They would be good for target shooting out in the woods somewhere.

Awesome thread.

I just finished building my AR-15. BCM Upper with a Spikes Zombie Lower. Took a tactical class with my buddies and just love the rifle. Now I'm looking at a pistol. I'm with you guys and think the Glock is better than most guns out on the market.

Awesome thread.

I just finished building my AR-15. BCM Upper with a Spikes Zombie Lower. Took a tactical class with my buddies and just love the rifle. Now I'm looking at a pistol. I'm with you guys and think the Glock is better than most guns out on the market.

nice build! what type of barrel do you have? I was originally going to go with a Vltor upper and BCM lower....but decided on a Larue OBR for the guaranteed accuracy, customer service, and performance.

Couldn't be happier with the Acog.

44c88b3b.jpg

Last edited:
I just stumbled upon this thread so this is my first posting, but love all the pics of everyone's 1:1 "accessories". I myself have an LWRC M6A2 (Tricon) gas piston, and absolutely love it. While I admire those who build their own ARs, being short on time and experience, I opted to buy one of the rack. Great weapon. I also have a Glock 17 and a Kimber 1911. I'm also shopping around for a S&W 686 .357, and something in 7.62/.308 - either a SCAR 17 or maybe a REPR.

Nash - is your ACOG a TA31F RCO? I opted for the plain TA31F without the extra swag, and love it. I had been mostly shooting with my irons but finally took the ACOG to get zeroed. Haven't had a chance to try the BDC beyond 100 yards yet.... And what kind of mount are using? Doesn't look like the Larue, as it seems to have a single lever. I'm thinking about upgrading from the stock ACOG mount and seriously considering the Larue for its reputed "return to zero" qualities.

AndyFD - for a pistol, a Glock is always a good and safe choice. My first pistol was a Glock. It's an easy pistol to own - quick and easy maintenance (mine has sat without cleaning for years at a time). I don't think I've ever had a failure to feed, and with my Glock 17, the ammo is relatively cheap. It is not without its shortcomings though, imo, and this is really up to the user. I'm not the biggest fan of the ergonomics (granted I have a Gen2), and the trigger takes a bit getting used to. I also got a Kimber .45 (after the Glock) and I really do get spoiled by the 1911 - heavier feel that absorbs shots better, better grip and ergos for me, and the single action trigger is better suited to my tastes. In fact, after shooting the 1911, I found my groupings on the Glock regress to the point that on some range trips I'll leave ol' Kimber at home and only bring the Glock. In summary, I'd recommend the Glock as a first pistol, as you may get spoiled and never look elsewhere if you start with a 1911 (at least I would have.).

Nash - is your ACOG a TA31F RCO? I opted for the plain TA31F without the extra swag, and love it. I had been mostly shooting with my irons but finally took the ACOG to get zeroed. Haven't had a chance to try the BDC beyond 100 yards yet.... And what kind of mount are using? Doesn't look like the Larue, as it seems to have a single lever. I'm thinking about upgrading from the stock ACOG mount and seriously considering the Larue for its reputed "return to zero" qualities.

First of all, post up some pics of your gear :rock !!

My ACOG is actually a TA31H, i just added the flash hider so I could use the flip up lens covers to protect the ACOG. Also, the mount is indeed a Larue. Larue is the only way I fly, they make incredible products! The mount is the RCO mount which IMO is better than the standard LT-100 mount with the two levers. The RCO one allows you to position your ACOG all the way back on the upper receiver rail without interfering with you charging handle so you can get any eye-relief that you desire to correspond with your cheek-weld and stock position. It is also lighter in weight. Im not sure if the LT-100 has this, but the RCO mount also has "Semper Fi" inscribed on the side of it which I find pretty cool :)

Larue mounts are amazing. I constantly switch between my ACOG and 4x-16x scope at the range depending on how i feel and they all return to zero with no problems.

i just found out i'm exempt from the "30 days" limitation! my wallet is in trouble now! up next..

HK USP 45 (fullsize)
Walther PPQ
CZ SP-01 Phantom

i'm also selling off my unfired Glock 33 to my co-worker. he's interested in possibly using it as his CCW. well, that's if his application isn't denied. :D

I know this is a vague question but what would be your recommendations for a first handgun? and why?

here's a vague answer. :)

i would say either a 9mm or .22LR in fullsize (5") or compact ("4) size. mainly because ammo is cheap and you'll be able to practice a lot.

my first handgun was a full size pistol (4.4") in .45ACP. no regrets. i absolutely loved it (still do) but shooting it got expensive really fast! i'm sure you can offset this by reloading but i'm not into that yet.

also, i'd like to add.. learn the basic fundamentals of proper grip, stance, etc. i started off using a "tea cupping" method and gradually moved on to a "thumbs forward" grip for better stability. use the overhand technique when charging a round instead of using the slingshot method since it will be the same 99% of the time for practically any pistol. i'd also recommend shooting with both eyes open. find out which eye you are dominant with and practice without blinking each time you pull the trigger. these are just my personal suggestions that i've learned. i'm sure you will develop/learn on your own.

here's a couple of helpful videos.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa50-plo48"]Todd Jarrett on pistol shooting. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Cf0WEeXZk"]Shooting Techniques Part 1 [ Stance] - YouTube[/ame]

Back