Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't say it could not be done, I said that is not what they are for. :joy They are a CQC scope, personally, I've had great luck with my trijicon ACOG

Thanks guys for all the input. I will not get my rifle for about 2 weeks because I just registered myself for a long gun and it is a 2 weeks wait period. After getting my hands on and shooting some rounds I'll ask again about the scope and see what I want to get one for.

Last edited:
I didn't say it could not be done, I said that is not what they are for. :joy They are a CQC scope, personally, I've had great luck with my trijicon ACOG

i know i know, :monkey5 :D

my issued m4 had the m68 cco and we trained on it per the usual 300m engagements. acogs were too new at the time for mass issues.

my personal m4 has the acog on it with the little red dot on top for those more "personal" encounters. i tried the acog solo but couldn't comfortably resolve some offset issues when going close two eyes up.

i just put one of my m68's on my m1a, gotta try that out.

Gotta agree with you guys, I only use Federal or better - no Wolf.

Except on my AK - I mean, AK's are AK's.

I just ran 50 rounds of Wolf through my 1911 with no problems , I had one miss feed with federal , so I dont know what to say , my Colt loves Wolf !!

Not trying to argue with anyone here but all I've ever put through my Bushy has been Wolf. The older stuff had some kind of red stuff on it that could cause jams but the new stuff doesn't. Only jams I've had after a couple thousands rounds of Wolf have been due to me installing a Vltor stock incorrectly. I purchased an ACOG damn near a year ago and still haven't been out to sight it in.:duh

Not trying to argue with anyone here but all I've ever put through my Bushy has been Wolf. The older stuff had some kind of red stuff on it that could cause jams but the new stuff doesn't. Only jams I've had after a couple thousands rounds of Wolf have been due to me installing a Vltor stock incorrectly. I purchased an ACOG damn near a year ago and still haven't been out to sight it in.:duh

nothing wrong with that - it's just that I have shot a lot of ammo and it's either my luck or the quality of wolf, cuz I always have problems. And last year, my friend had a .45 explode in a brand-new SA 1911. :banghead Needless to say, he has very bad things to say about Wolf.

But hey, if it works for you, then go for it. Some friends of mine think my ammo is subpar as well, but it works great for me. After all, that is the bottom line. :gun

does anybody know any online shops where i can buy Saiga (7.62x39mm) factory 10rd magazines that will ship to california?

So does anyone here uses a pelican case to store their firearm? If so any directions on good deals where I can get a pelican case?
Also since my state requires 10 round mag, I'm looking at getting the custom magpul 10/30. It's the mag that they rivet a 30 round mag that can only fit 10 rounds. Is that even legal?

yes, it's legal. i have a 10/20 magpul mag that is pefectly CA legal.

pelican case? are you wanting to become a professional hitman? :D j/k

yes, it's legal. i have a 10/20 magpul mag that is pefectly CA legal.

pelican case? are you wanting to become a professional hitman? :D j/k

Cool, I'll get some 10/30 magpul.

LOL, since this is my 1st firearm I'm asking all kinds of noob questions. But I was searching online and saw a few for under $200, plus if I get a hand gun I could fit it in there. So its not worth getting one then? Sorry for asking all kind of questions just excited for my 1st rifle.

Hey Guys, what do you guys think about a Chinese AK 47, I beleive its a MK90? What would be a good price for it?

no problem my friend. i'm a noob myself. :) i just got started a few months ago.

a pelican case would be cool. i believe you can get those foam pieces and have them custom cut yourself. i plan on storing my firearms in a safe. i use those cheap long, plastic rifle cases that lock for transporting.

dunno much about the Chinese AK's. i'll be picking up my Saiga (Russian American Armory) AK sporting rifle next monday. i got it for $350. darn cheap! you can also get 1000 rounds of Wolf ammo (7.62x39) from Cabela's for $255!

dunno much about the Chinese AK's. i'll be picking up my Saiga (Russian American Armory) AK sporting rifle next monday. i got it for $350. darn cheap! you can also get 1000 rounds of Wolf ammo (7.62x39) from Cabela's for $255!

Daamn, I have a chance at getting this AK for 500 bucks, dont know if I should pull the trigger, it comes with a gang of mags, 22 30rd. mags total.....:google

man, that's my problem. getting factory mags for it. whoa! 22 mags! i think they go for about $30 each.

Back