Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any HUNTERS in here? We went White-Tailed Deer hunting last year. Those suckers were tough to hunt. It's hard for a big guy like myself to be in stealth mode but I still managed to bag one.

There's also stun guns and pepper spray type of dispensers to consider.

If one is dead set against the use of a firearm, there are other alternatives available. Range is considerably less but incapacitation of would-be bad guy is still possible.

Check your state and local laws as well.

Dead set?? Im all for em, but I live in Canada where the rights are in the hands of the criminals.

Ill do some shopping stateside and see what I can find

Dead set?? Im all for em, but I live in Canada where the rights are in the hands of the criminals.

better hide em good when crossing back. a buddy of mine had his new jacket confiscated when he went back to canada because he didn't have some sort of customs paperwork for textile goods. i'd imagine self defense items would be worse.

So I take it theres a handgun ban in Canada. Thats a bunch of bull****. These stupid legislators think that banning guns will control crime :lol. Criminals dont give a **** about a ban. All bans do is take away protection from law abiding citizens. I feel bad for these places that have bans.....

Last edited:
Picked up a 16" AR-15 on July 4th. Gonna shoot it this weekend, now that I've got my riser and red dot in place.

I love Bow and Arrow hunting.

hot_chick_bow_hunting.jpg

There's no way I can boast about my assault rifle when I'm competing against pictures like that!

Nope, it's a good ol' .223...

Wouldn't mind having a .308 AR-10, but I've already got a Bushmaster lower coming my way in .223. Might build a retro style 20" with a triangle handguard...

Anybody using a surefire light on their pistols? My shop has x300 for $180 and x400 which has laser for $350. I'm thinkin about getting the x300 for my hk45.

that's a nice carry pistol. again, too bad it's not on the available list for us. i've personally been eyeing the P232.

btw, i ended up ordering the H&K USP Compact .45 which was in stock. i'll pick up the Full later down the road. now i just have to wait a couple of weeks before i begin the paperwork on it. my FFL guy will be holding it for me till then. i'll be picking up a couple of 10 rounders too.

15373.jpg

Oh man I picked that gun up in Feb. and love it! The recoil is not bad at all to be honest. Let me know if you know of any decent priced mags online for it, I was only able to find them for like $50-$60, which seems high.

Anybody using a surefire light on their pistols? My shop has x300 for $180 and x400 which has laser for $350. I'm thinkin about getting the x300 for my hk45.

i've got the x300. it's awesome! best pistol light on the market. disgustingly bright. waiting for my kimber to come back from the shop with it's new rail. any day now. 180 is a great price, the usually go for 250.

i personally stay away from lasers. don't really have a reason, i just do. unless it's an IR laser and i'm using NVG's.

i've also got an HK MK23 outfitted with the insight LAM. it looks naked without it.

Oh man I picked that gun up in Feb. and love it! The recoil is not bad at all to be honest. Let me know if you know of any decent priced mags online for it, I was only able to find them for like $50-$60, which seems high.

sadly 50-60 is the going rate. it's a proprietary mag ( as with every modern HK accessory) so no aftermarket mags available. i got mine 6 years ago for 45-50 each, so the increase isn't too bad.

great to hear about the recoil. yeah, HK is synonymous with high prices. most places have them for $68! there are cheaper ones made by Promag but reliability may be questionable.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, my friend. I just took it as a firearm was out of the question. :duff

I have a surefire on my AR but on my SIG P-220 I have a TLR-1 from Streamlight (LCD version) and it's fantastic and significantly less expensive. Check it out as well.

Back