Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok.. have the money and am looking for something...

right now I'm thinking mossburg 930 spx.

I don't have a shotgun and they are versitle IMO.

Last edited:
sweet Glock! i'm picking up the SF version next month.

next week i'll be getting two Springfield XDs. both "service" models. one in 9mm and 45ACP.

btw, we can get ARs in KA. they'll just require bullet buttons, etc..

Bullet buttons? Is it true CA compliant M4 replicas must be top loaded, and are limited to 10 rd magazines?

Bullet buttons? Is it true CA compliant M4 replicas must be top loaded, and are limited to 10 rd magazines?

That is a bit of a simplification...but not much. The 10 round magazine can be removable if it requires a tool to do it. That is what the "bullet buttons" are. They are a feature that the gun makers made to make the requirement as easy as possible for gun owners to live with.

A "bullet button" is nothing more than a button that you have to use a bullet (fulfills the "tool" requirement) to push. Although the laws have been softened as far as assault weapons go here in Cali...it has not been much.

But some people might be surprised what is acceptable in Cali, now. Nothing like what is allowed in some other states...but better than it was here ten years ago.

Where do you guys recommend I look for a AR Upper? I have a stripped lower, I just picked up the lower kit and all I need is the upper...

I don't what brand of lower you've got. Also, is it mil-spec or commercial?

In either case, these are the two places that I HIGHLY recommend for just about everything firearm related. They are good people:

https://www.gandrtactical.com/

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

Tell 'em "FlyAndFight" sent ya! ;)

Do you have a gun carrying license? I've been meaning to get one of those.

Yes, I've had a Concealed Carry permit for a couple of years, now. I've got the .38 on my person almost every time I go out - in the console of my SUV I keep a 1911 with a 15 round magazine.

I'm finally done putting all of the pieces together,

Bushy4.jpg

Bushy3.jpg

Bushmaster M4
14.5" 1/7 twist barrel + 1.5" Yankee Hill Vortex flash hider

...also pictured is my Springfield 1911A1.

I love shooting iron sights! It's a good thing, too - I can't afford a nice optic.

I love shooting iron sights! It's a good thing, too - I can't afford a nice optic.

I like shooting with opitcs, and I love new tech, and they look very cool as well. But I am partial to the iron sights because it is definitely more of a challenge. And I guess that have this idealism that if you can do something the most difficult way...you can do it any way.

anybody have an AR pistol? i got one coming next month. the Glock 21 will have to wait after it. :D

mine is a Rock River Arms made that looks like this minus the quad rail.

xlg_AR2110.jpg

it will have a hand guard like this.

g9mm.jpg

i'm going to take the Troy iron sights off of my AR15 to put on it. later i'll get a Trijicon Reflex sight to co-witness with the iron sights.

My Saiga takes the prize for biggest fireball! lol

here's what my AR looks like now. i moved a Leupold scope from another rifle to it and added the Magpul AFG. i think i want to upgrade the grip to a Hogue one.

IMG_7447.jpg

IMG_7448.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

how does AR preform for you? what all have you done to it?

I'm stuck on this AK stuff .. great price firepower/rliablity but iffy in the accuracy. :(

can someone point me in the right direction?

i haven't done all that much to my AR. i bought it bone stock. just added a forward grip and scope to it. it's a very accurate platform for me. i can hold a decent grouping at a paper target from 25 yards standing up (not benched).

as for my Saiga.. i haven't shot too much from it but it seems good so far. i did notice that the barrel gets warm very fast. it shoots a more potent round though. i don't think you can go wrong with either platform.

Didn't know this thread existed and will take me a while to read through it all. In the mean time, here are most of my guns. The 1911 being my favorite right now... probably only because it's my most recent purchase.

167.jpg

1911002-2.jpg

Back