Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am about to start the process to become a reserve Sheriff's Deputy.

good luck with the process.

btw, my co-worker's wife just retired from police work after 30+ years of service. they're now moving to Reno, Nevada. so last week they were driving back home to California after scoping around for homes in Reno.. she was behind the wheel driving fast enough to be noticed by the highway patrol and got pulled over. as soon as the patrolman found out she was an ex-police officer he let her go with a warning. "now you should know better.." anyway after he told that to us my other co-worker chimed in saying there's a "code" that if you're ever stopped by the police and you are a spouse to take your key out of the ignition and place it on the dashboard. that let's the police officer know that you're a direct family member of someone in the police force. is this true?

good luck with the process.

btw, my co-worker's wife just retired from police work after 30+ years of service. they're now moving to Reno, Nevada. so last week they were driving back home to California after scoping around for homes in Reno.. she was behind the wheel driving fast enough to be noticed by the highway patrol and got pulled over. as soon as the patrolman found out she was an ex-police officer he let her go with a warning. "now you should know better.." anyway after he told that to us my other co-worker chimed in saying there's a "code" that if you're ever stopped by the police and you are a spouse to take your key out of the ignition and place it on the dashboard. that let's the police officer know that you're a direct family member of someone in the police force. is this true?

I don't know. But I hope so. My wife gets too many tickets.

gun collection update:

i'll be picking up a Kimber Eclipse Custom II (10mm) in 10 days.

large_custom2.jpg

i've also put these two on layaway (one gun per 30 days rule).

Smith & Wesson 460V

38175.jpg

Smith & Wesson 500

11746.jpg

Saw this on Hisstank today. This is crazy!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/p4ebtj1jR7c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/p4ebtj1jR7c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You could kill everyone and everything in the room with this bad boy.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

That's like something you see in a video game, crazy!:horror

Sick stuff guys, man, there's everything on this forum lol! I collect WWII military antiques, and have a 1942 Springfield Armoury M1 Garand, a 43 Inland Carbine, a replica luger pistol (just to go with the holsters) and a blank firing M1911 colt 45. The rifles are fully functioning, but deactivated as per law here.

That is a beauty, P1X4R. I also would prefer different grips, but I don't dislike those. The thing I dislike the most about Kimbers is how feminine the logo looks on the pistols.

But it sure as hell wouldn't stop me from buying the gun.

thanks guys! i'll be shooting it for the first time this wednesday. it seems to be a well made pistol. my only little nitpick about it is that the grip safety when engaged pushes this pin up that locks the slide from coming off. you just have to be careful not to push it when removing the slide or it will catch. the Springfield Operator doesn't have this "feature". just something to look out for when taking it apart. i'll let you guys know how it shoots.

btw, my two S&W revolvers got cancelled. looks like someone purchased them from underneath my order. lol. weird system they have with online ordering but whatever. i've got two Rugers ordered instead. Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull and .44 Magnum

should be fun to shoot! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTqo-4KUbA0

Back